• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do I do??

upload_2022-1-23_19-53-59.png

I'm a idiot now arguing with my friend and I'm a idiot
You are not an idiot! You have had a very difficult day. Most of us would have had a melt down or a complete shut down!
To releive your stress you chose to self harm. You already know that only helps a little, but so what! Just move on. Next time you will choose something else to do if you can.
I know you felt like crap when you walked into that police station and that feeling didn't get better. But you knew it was the right thing to do and so you did it anyway. That is the definition of bravery. Being brave does not mean being poised and fearless. It means doing the hard stuff even if you are scared. You are brave!

I'm a idiot now arguing with my friend and I'm a idiot

@Roxiee, come on, don't fret over being an idiot. If you are being an idiot, then consider yourself in good company. ALL humans are idiots. There has never been a human in all of history that has not had bouts of being an idiot. I suffer daily from acute idiot attacks. Often times they escalate to chronically acute dumb-ass attacks.

so, don't feel so bad about suffering an idiot attack. Everyone has them. You are not unique and it does not mean anything is wrong with you. It is perfectly normal to have idiot attacks. Nobody likes having them, but everybody does and it's perfectly normal.

@Roxiee, come on, don't fret over being an idiot. If you are being an idiot, then consider yourself in good company. ALL humans are idiots. There has never been a human in all of history that has not had bouts of being an idiot. I suffer daily from acute idiot attacks. Often times they escalate to chronically acute dumb-ass attacks.

so, don't feel so bad about suffering an idiot attack. Everyone has them. You are not unique and it does not mean anything is wrong with you. It is perfectly normal to have idiot attacks. Nobody likes having them, but everybody does and it's perfectly normal.

That is "brave idiot" to be precise. :D

Take good care of your knees, you`ll need them later. I have a knee that is annoying me a little now, it`s just painful now and then. I was too rough with myself when I was 20 I think. Knees are important.
I tripped down the stairs

@Roxiee, when I broke my leg, after the bone had healed, it took me a long time to feel steady on my feet. So I bought a really pretty red cane covered in flowers. If my husband didn't give me weird looks I would still use it.
I felt very sophiticated using it. I highly recommend one to help keep you steady on your feet.
And a cane can be used in self defense.
I realize you aren't unsteady or feeble. It is just a fun suggestion. :)

That`s actually a reason to use it. That`s what all the women in my family would say. :) My grandma had a hat that my granddad didn`t like for some reason. When she found out, she used it all the time just because he didn`t like it. lol Not to be mean or anything, it was just a funny thing. We laughed a lot about that hat.

Bad fashion decisions just to annoy people are definitely a thing. I had to move to Texas and since it was hot there I found an old straw hat and started wearing that. Not the stylish ones but the old 1930s ones that feel like plywood.
My dad didn't like it ("Yeh looks lakh a Democrat in that'ere hat") so--I traded it in on an obsolete typewriter and bought a very good sort of straw hat from England. If he hadn't picked at me I'd probably have traded in on a nice panama hat but since he made it a topic of comment, I not only wear a "boater" occasionally but have made it one of my trademark pieces.

Props to your grandma for her Gentle Amount of Family Spite Hat--and to granddad for keeping the joke going. He laughs best who laughs last.

And I second the motion from @maycontainthunder-- What are those dogs up to?

New Threads

Top Bottom