• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What did you dream about recently?

Re: What did you dream last night?

The woods and the water, same as usual. I have a few recurring dreams but those are my favorites- adventuring by myself.

I dreamed that I was in a forensics class and we went to this body farm, where we studied human corpses in varying stages of decomposition. It was disgusting, yet fascinating in a weird way.

I know I had been dreaming something I really liked when I wake up feeling sadder than when I slept. Because this dream is an untrue dream that will never, ever happen.

I imagine living on a secluded beach in Hawaii, where I surf and take care of my wife's children by the day and play drums at night. My wife is the famous pop star Taylor Swift. Or perhaps we move to a place near Vanderbilt and Nashville, where she would record her albums and me, taking more management classes to help manage my wife's career.

I think Swift can write many more albums without having to break up again, after me. I have so many sides, I have a complex character, but I will always be there for her.

I had a bad dream that had recurred to me for the past 4 years or so: Unemployment.

I wonder how can I ever earn money - the low pay in most jobs out there I know aren't high enough to pay the bills, it's all these 'entrepreneurs' who earn all the money. And we know how high the rents, utilities and price of cars are in Singapore. It's getting increasingly harder for newer businesses to break through...

I woke up from my pessimistic dream more exhausted than ever.

I just hope I can do something for my passions, regardless of how little or how much I get for whatever I do.

I have had a dream like this before and I had one the other night. It is terrable. I am in an absolutley desperate situation, like something that you could have never imagioned would happen in your life and you are so absolutley paniced that you are desperate and mabey frozen with fear. Like in the other drream it was a dark and stormy night and someone came to the door. A man (or some men, I don't remember) in black came into my house and took over. They/he were so scary, mean, and powerfull. My ex was there and he didn't pay any attention. I desperatley tried to scream and yell for him for help. I tried and tried and screamed for him. I got nothing. This dream I just has was similar. Not men in black but I was desperate and he sat right in front of me this time. I tried to yell for him but my voice was frozen with panic. I kicked at his back to get his attention, but he ignored me and left me sitting right there behind him falling further into panic.

Last edited:

I used to have those sorts of dreams all the time when I was little, except it was my dad who couldn't help me, because he was a defenceless munchkin for some reason. I also can never yell for help in my dreams, or run at all. Every step is so desperately slow.

In mine he could help but he wont, same as in real life. I must be dreaming it now becouse of the help I need with my son (and his son) and he dosn't do much of anything to help. One thing my son Really Needs right now is the influence of strong male in his life.

It's a recurring dream. I dream I really move to a beach area near a big city of a developed country with pleasant climates (e.g. Australia, New Zealand, United States). Then I can perhaps lead a relatively comfortable life surfing using the latest and coolest surfing gear...

Another person and I opened a door to enter a home. The person isn't identified, just the symbolic verson of a person. I saw spots on the carpet from a pet peeing on it. It was my house. I pointed out to the person the spots I saw and that the pet isn't mine and I don't want the pet and the person who has it dosn't clean up after it. The spots were only visable at one certain angle. I moved back and removed in the direction to get at the right angle to show them to the person. We went in. The floor was very slanted and week. We were both on the week floor all the way across the room to the other side. The floor was weeker and more angled than ever before. It felt like it was about to give out under our feet. The person started jumping as hard as they could to cave the floor in. I paniced as I felt the floor giveing out under our feet. I scrambled across the floor to get off of it before it caved in and we fell to the lower level of the building. "Hold on... What are you doing!... Let me get out of here " I was saying in a panic. If they wanted to do something stupid like cave the floor in why did they have to do it with me on the floor. It seemed the only thing holding me from falling threw was the barley still attacched carpet. I franticley fended for myself as the person continued about distroying the floor we stood on. I reached the edge of the sturdy floor and climbed on.

Ok as usual I have a mediphoric interetation. ...... My ex has been liveing at my house and he is an alcoholic and hasnt' been drinking for over a year and a half. He recentley started drinking. He is absolutley distructive and sencless when drinking. I wanted him out of my home as soon as he started drinking again. He continued to come and stay at my house instead of going about his drinking without involveing me and my son's life.... medophoricley in my dream jumpeing to destroy the foundation I stand on in my own home... and as in real life a not so strong foundation already. I franticley scrambled to saftey in my dream from this person doing this sencless distructive act that I don't understand. Why would anyone walk onto a week floor and then start jumping as hard as they can to cave it in to the lower story purposley hurting themself and anyone else around?? that makes as much sence to me as ...why would someone quit drinking for almost two years and begin building some stability in his life and then throw it away to drink again? in real life I scrambled to get him away from us before the destruction got to far out of hand. .... ANd as for the spots on the floor.... well he never would clean up anything after himslef when he lived at my house.... I guess I medephorically relate this to him with animals becouse he's an animal lover... he like has a connection like they are people to him or something..

Last edited:

I was in a house, in the kitchen. There were some people sitting at a table not far from me that I didn't know. At the back of the house there was a large glass window or door, i'm not sure. Suddenly a woman started smashing on the glass with her fist and a knife trying to break it. I became anxious and feared there was a larger threat than that woman despite not having seen anyone else yet. There was a block of knives in front of me. I tried to hand them to the table of people, so we could defend ourselves. But they weren't listening to me. Their expressions stayed blank. Like I couldn't reach them and they didn't understand what was happening. At this time no one was in the house yet, the glass must have been strong. I grabbed a small knife and locked myself in the toilet. Then a huge sword passed through the toilet door. I couldn't tell if it had pierced me. I started to feel like it didn't but I couldn't tell because I was still anxious. Then i thought it must have saved me from whatever was on the other side of the door.
Woke up paranoid.

I don't know what I dreamt of last night, or the last few nights. I'm having trouble remembering my dreams this week.

I do have a question for everyone though. I have had about 5 dreams in my life where I died. Not like where I wake up right before I die but literally I die in the dream and I know I am dead and then I wake up after a little bit. Its weird, I had one this year I think where I got shot a bunch of times by some guy with a machine gun. So my question is does anyone else have dreams where they have died in them? I never met anyone who has but I have to think other people have these kinds of dreams.

I do have a question for everyone though. I have had about 5 dreams in my life where I died. Not like where I wake up right before I die but literally I die in the dream and I know I am dead and then I wake up after a little bit. Its weird, I had one this year I think where I got shot a bunch of times by some guy with a machine gun. So my question is does anyone else have dreams where they have died in them? I never met anyone who has but I have to think other people have these kinds of dreams.
I think I have, though I can't remember the details anymore.

I used to have those sorts of dreams all the time when I was little, except it was my dad who couldn't help me, because he was a defenceless munchkin for some reason. I also can never yell for help in my dreams, or run at all. Every step is so desperately slow.
I've dreamed I had to calla phone number, (maybe 911 in at least one dream) and no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't punch in the right numbers.

I've dreamed I had to calla phone number, (maybe 911 in at least one dream) and no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't punch in the right numbers.

Reminds me of what I consider a classic "fear-of-failure" dream. Where I show up for a test and have no idea what the answers are. Or I'm on my way to class and have no idea where the classroom is. Never mind I haven't been in school for years! ;)

SNAKES
10/29/2013: I dreamt that I walked out in the yard on the south side of the house toward the back when I saw a snake and took a stick and shooed it away. It slithered next door. Than a couple of days later I saw a cat in the same area where I saw the snake, looking at a clump of dirt with some grass growing out of it. I went over to check it out and the cat ran off. When I lifted the clump of dirt up I seen 2 slittery snakes underneath. I tripped and fell on my back. That's when one of the snakes came toward me. I didn't know whether it was going to bite or not and didn't take any chances. So I grabbed the one snake behind it's head and lifted it up while still on my back. When the other snake came toward me I picked it up behind it's head and lifted it up also and started screaming for my mom. I then started screaming for anyone even though the snakes were very docile and didn't offer to harm me. That's when a man with a section of a picked fence with the points facing down, that seem to be up to no good came over. He started pressing the points of the fence in my chest when I started moving the snake in my right hand toward him and he quickly left. But, a relative did come to my rescue and got the snakes for me.

Comment: I heard my own voice and I was laying perpendicular to the side of the house with the bottom of my feet facing the side. I've had a lot of snake dreams and snakes have always been friendly too me never harming me. In some of my dreams they even seem to be protecting me like in the above dream.

I was on a platform in the sky, too high, flying above the ground.. Something political was going on or representatives were talking or something I really don't know. Later i was someone transported to another platform. One thing to know is I have had dreams of being stuck at various heights for a long time, not often but they keep happening. This dream was an almost-nightmare because I was trapped up in the sky feeling like I could fall at any moment (In the past I've been trapped in towers), though overall it wasn't bad compared to other dreams I have had. Anyway, the platform had a hole in the middle and at this point I knew I was dreaming to some extent. So to end this ******** I moved towards the hole in the platform (these platforms are actually moving at jet speeds, despite being totally open, must've been magic to not get blown off of the top). I started to lower myself down the hole much to the shock of other people on the platform. I was blown away by winds that nearly tore my face off, blood was leaving my eye sockets and then I woke up.

I had a dream that I had a big brother, and I loved him, and we did so many things together. It felt so real, but then I woke up and was so disappointed. I feel like it'd be so much more fun to have a big brother than to have a big sister.

I had a dream that I had a big brother, and I loved him, and we did so many things together. It felt so real, but then I woke up and was so disappointed. I feel like it'd be so much more fun to have a big brother than to have a big sister.
I've woken disappointed before as well.
I can't remember the exact dream but I think it was one where I was a experiencing my past but in a more positive way. I have had happy dreams of my alternate past a few times.

Sometimes when I am waking or falling asleep I forget where I am. I think it's because I lived in the same house until 14 then my parents split and went to multiple rentals. So as I am falling asleep I have these moments of 'wait, where am I again?' as if I am forgetting. I think this may be a defense when waking, as the body needs to remember where it is to prepare itself before actually waking. Anyway that was a tangent.

Earlier this year I was having a very very positive and happy dream. In the dream I had forgotten everything about my situation and my life. For a few seconds as I was waking, still happy, those thoughts passed through my head as above. I was thinking, after having been in a different universe, where exactly am I? And then it hit me, I remembered. As I left this wonderful world and entered back into my life which is a hell I felt terribly depressed. "Noooooooooooooo" I screamed inside of my head. I thought, anywhere but here? nononononononnnnno!
----

Last night I had a dream that I met a girl. I don't think it would be interesting to anyone else but it was fun and happy for me. I am glad that nightmares didn't fill the entirety of my dreams last night. Only a bit more than half. None of them really worth remembering though.

Sometimes I wish I could stay in the dream world. Even with the nightmares. Dreaming is so exciting, and just wonderful. Adventures without limitations of real life.

Last edited:

This was really a weird dream considering I'm 67 years old, have Autism and hate relationships of any kind with humans. However, I see some symbolism to this dream and that is I got something or got to do something that I've had such a strong desire to do and whatever it is had a certain amount of weirdness to it. You have probably heard "I finally got my baby!" or something similar. In my case since I am wanting so much to get more backhoe loader training, this dream may be trying to tell me something. However I dreamed about these machines all night long on Nov 15 and then this morning (Nov 16) I had this dream which may be prophetic. But, they just could be business of the day type dreams since I was able to download a Farming Simulator 2013 mod which was a backhoe loader with some strange things happening and the first thing I thought of is "I finally got it" after beating my brains out for several weeks trying to download this thing. But only time will tell if these dreams are yet future and prophetic or just more dreams of business of the day.

11/16/2013: Dreamt that I was pregnant. My belly was really huge and I can see where the baby was pushing out because I was seeing my skin in shapes of legs and arms moving around. Then one day a head popped out through my skin and I looked down and see a very tiny wrinkly reddish face. Than the head popped back in and the next thing I seen was a little wrinkly hand popped out. This happened a few more times and then the dream ended.

:spin:

Think I will put this dream in my dream diary since I'm getting a connection with the dreams I had the other night and many of my dreams have been fulfilled. I know this is because I keep dream diaries and check them quite regularly to keep on top of things when something happens.

I don't know what I dreamt of last night, or the last few nights. I'm having trouble remembering my dreams this week.

I've had a bunch of these dreams! I've been shot, strangled, drowned & stabbed to death in dreams & I've died in them-only to wake up in amazement wondering how I came back to life! THese dreams are usually very real & whatever is happening (getting punched out, shot etc. ) is very painful & terrifying. Sometimes, I'm just kind of sadly resigned to my 'fate'. Last night I dreamt I was at the beach with my husband. Since, here in QC, there are no tropical beaches, the dream did not take place here. I have no idea where we were. Even in the dream itself, I remember looking around & wondering where the heck I was. It was so beautiful that not knowing where I was did not bother me: it was more of a passing curiosity. The sand was warm & white & very fine (eliminates Cape Cod, Myrtle Beach & Old Orchard Beach plus all the dark or beige sand beaches...) & there were many others also on the beach, but they were far away. I was wearing my standard no frills black bikini & I was up to my waist in turquoise water looking into it, kind of mesmerized by the light glinting off of the waves. It was an extremely realistic dream: so much so that when I woke up in my room, I thought to myself, "HEY!!! This resort's rooms look so much like our bedroom!" (DUUUUuuuuhhh... so much for all my Aspie intelligence!)

New Threads

Top Bottom