• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What brings you peace?

True peace is knowing you will not be interrupted or disturbed by anything, having no worries of any kind, clarity of thought, and physical comfort. I also love big thunderstorms and crashing ocean waves. It's a different kind of peace. Maybe as George Newman pointed out, peace could be happiness, enjoyment, diversion, contentment, or some form of stimulation.

I can never empty my head. I've tried. That door won't shut. Maybe peace is floating aimlessly and safely through an environment of simple pleasures that evoke positive thoughts. Being at peace can cause you to drift off to sleep.

Running in nature (alone!) when temps are in the low 60's high 50's with ipod playing whatever music I'm in the mood for.

Doing something creative like a craft or art project (this is the only time i can be around other people and not even notice or care 'cause i'm so focused and engaged and peaceful)

Being alone at home with a really good book or movie.

Getting mastery over something, like a few weeks ago I (Successfully) put up a towel rack that had come down accidentally. Any home improvement project that comes out well. Mastery, and freedom from relying on unreliable handymen.

Working on an interest uninterrupted.
Hanging out with the cats.
Putting my feet up.
Being left alone.
Reading books.
Self-hypnosis.
Stretching.
Laughter.
Quiet.

So i thought this might help some of us discover new ways of finding peace. For me beautiful clear skies. Soft puffy clouds and warm sun rays really help. What about you?

for me,love & relationship-wise,seeing cute couples in relationship-based agony :smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:,just like i used to be when my girlfriend dumped me multiple times:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:,mainly 5 months after we got back together.the anger and hatred stemming from it,that she was far from ready for an apology,as well as forgiveness:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Seeing my out of state acquaintance get a grip on what made her sad. We really have talked about her triggers, and l pray that this is a breakthru for her. Just seeing her connecting the dots and where the bad thinking stepped in and what she needs to do to feel in control. l am taking a deep breath, she came through the worse of it. l feel so much more at peace, knowing that she is stronger.

Knowing that i can handle anything that the world throws at me, even when times are bad it will always turn.
Stepping into nature from time to time.
Sleeping without smartphone.
Hugging puppies and dogs.
Watching animals play.
Watching movies.

When I'm stressed recently I have been walking and finding a quiet spot where there is little noise. I sit and enjoy the silence.

Getting to write without being disturbed, getting lost in the moment of creation until everything is out. Having no future calling me.

Watching a sunset down to the horizon, while sitting in nature, 30 minutes before it sets until the light has almost faded, without looking away.

Watching a good film with a partner, in bed, and falling asleep moments after it’s finished.

Knowing the present moment is perfect just as it is. Sitting by the ocean, a lake or a river, on a warm summer’s day. Just being there without thinking about it.

Everything has been done. Nothing has been put off. I am.

Animals.

They're soothing to watch, interact with, and read about. Even as someone with no pets, it is incredibly easy to find all sorts of videos and information about them online. I have seen countless forum posts where people gladly share their animals and ramble on about them. Reading those can be incredibly soothing for me.

Regarding not having pets, I will feel more drained if I don't go outside for sometime and not hearing birds calling to each other for a time. Birdsong is one of my favorite things to hear as there's so many different types of it. I like watching them fly too as they often seem so at ease doing that which has always fascinated me. Even other animals than birds it is relieving for me to see them outside as most of the time I won't be near them since they may run away from me if they are skittish or just purposefully go somewhere else if they are a dog on a walk. It's always been very relieving for me to see most sorts of animals outside.

• Skiing
  • Hiking
  • Taking standardized tests
  • Lifting weights
  • Camping
  • Binge watching shows on Netflix
  • Reading
  • Fishing
  • Stormy weather
  • Driving during blizzards

Not giving in to replying to posts on this forum and only doing it when I know I will actually get acknowledgement, because realising what I contribute isn't valued frees! you

#1 : Stargazing !!
Then..
Hiking or just being in nature, stormy weather, watching sunsets, lazing in bed, drinking coffee/tea on my back porch on a nice weather day, listening to ambient music, petting animals, and just being alone in general.

New Threads

Top Bottom