• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what are your special gifts?

Cooking, I seem yo understand every little thing measurements and tastes and flavours and how to cook a steak, especially desserts (cept I hate sugar on my hands and I don't like sweet stuff). But I don't understand tge whole picture I.e. Why people eat Out at a restaurant and enjoy it

I have always excelled at doing school work. I'm good at learning subjects, but I'm also good at taking tests and completing assignments to meet expectations--which is a different thing from learning.

My family were good at school and sports, though the only sport I've played in the past few years is ping pong, which I good fairly good at after some practice. I loved noticing how much my reflexes improved; after some time, I could even return the occasional smash.

My favorite skill is music--here's a shameless link to my SoundCloud page.

Despite all this, it's hard for me to express pride in the things I'm good at; I was raised in a Catholic family with a warped idea of humility that glorified insecurity. It's taken a long time to get over that, and I'm still working on it.

I have many: Carpentry, Cars, repair of almost anything mechanical or electrical. I'm good at drawing, writing, reading and though I dislike it math.
All of which I was good at a very early age 6-8yrs old. I could read & understand Hamlet & other works by 8yrs old.
I have never been good at playing an instrument but with persistence hope to conquer that!:)

I got a really nice Ipad as a surprise & an awesome leather hoodie jacket from Mr. Soup for my birthday back in November.

a couple of skills I have is I enjoy working with my hands. I find carpentry car maintanace to be quite easy for me. I also enjoy working wth technical drawings.(Cad drawing could be on my list to learn).

What do you mean? I am a special gift- hahaha

Seriously, I'm pretty good with sorting and manipulating data in spreadsheets and databases, and presenting it in a useful and meaningful manner.

I excel in maths and chemistry, I can learn things pretty fast and also I have some skills in writing (according to some reviews I had on my fanfic). I also play guitar and some friends consider me good, and I am a script writer (not theatrical plays, but computer scripts), being my most famous one called Lord AIO Tool (if you Google for lord XDA it's one of the first things to appear) with almost 40k downloads. Also good reflexes to be a good Guitar Hero and Cytus player. Well, I think that's what I excel... But if it was to choose only 2 it would be Logic (which involves Math and Developing) and Reflexes.

History, creativity, camping, football, reading, touch/massage, cuddling, sports, empathy, sensitivity, self defense, animals love me & I've been called an animal whisperer

Replace football with soccer (lol I know), and eradicate maybe sensitivity to a degree, and you'd have my answer as well.

You're an obvious catch though!

History, creativity, camping, football, reading, touch/massage, cuddling, sports, empathy, sensitivity, self defense, animals love me & I've been called an animal whisperer

My only special gift is perseverance towards things I want to be good at. The things I am good at are not special gifts themselves, they are things I have accomplished as a result of using a gift I have been given.

This feels like when people ask "if you could have one superpower, what would it be?" and I'm that guy who answers, "the ability to have as many superpowers as I want". For that, I can only apologize.

My only special gift is perseverance towards things I want to be good at. The things I am good at are not special gifts themselves, they are things I have accomplished as a result of using a gift I have been given.

This feels like when people ask "if you could have one superpower, what would it be?" and I'm that guy who answers, "the ability to have as many superpowers as I want". For that, I can only apologize.

I feel the same way!

I received an email today about Stanford Online. Free courses. Learn stuff. I'd love to do one next year!

I have many: Carpentry, Cars, repair of almost anything mechanical or electrical. I'm good at drawing, writing, reading and though I dislike it math.
All of which I was good at a very early age 6-8yrs old. I could read & understand Hamlet & other works by 8yrs old.
I have never been good at playing an instrument but with persistence hope to conquer that!:)

This is me also minus the reading, reading makes me feel short of breath for unknow reasons, in general I love repairing anything and creating new things, for instance; my daughter and I built an entire gocart frame and all from mostly scraps when she was aged 5. I even took up blacksmithing for a period of about 9 months. The only job I've ever had was a few auto tech positions but people politics got in the way. I'm actually pretty good at math I just despise algebra. I'm also a super fast learner yet most of it self taught. My wife says I would make a great detective because of how well I piece bits of information together.

Last edited:
For me it's creative writing. It took me many years to start feeling confident about it, though. I was complimented in elementary school, but good for a 7-year-old didn't mean much to me.

Thinking upon this more, I think I do have certain "special gifts," some of which may or may not stem as a result of "Aspie-hood." For example, I can be a veritably font of knowledge...any time someone brings up topics like physics or astronomy with me, layman though I am, I am often able to answer many of their questions, and I have been thanked for helping people learn things without coming across as arrogant or condescending. In fact, some of my friends have remarked on that...I am "really smart" (their words, not mine) and yet am not a jerk about it; they comment that I really do seem to take a lot of joy in sharing the facts and things that interest me. And I am *always* helping my friend figure things out about her iPhone or her Mac or some other piece of modern technology that she may not have time or energy to expend in learning herself.

So I guess that's my "special gift"...being humble.

Which, really, is not a humble thing to say at all. teehee

I don't have to many 'special gifts' that I actually consider special, though, I have a 'semi-photographic' memory.
I can glance at a 10 digit number for less than a second and several hours later I can repeat the number by imagining what I saw - not quite sure what type of memory this would be classified as, but I'm quite grateful for that 'gift' however useless it may be.

New Threads

Top Bottom