• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your plans for New Year's Eve?

AGXStarseed

For me personally, I'm going to have a quiet night in by myself; my mum is going out to a party with her boyfriend and his family so I've got the whole house to myself.
I'll probably watch some TV shows, play some games, snack on Junk food and drink (nothing alcoholic as I'm alcohol intolerant) and stay up both to see in the new year and stay up until the early hours to see the sunrise.
I won't be making any New year's resolutions as every time I've made them in the past, I struggle to keep up with them past the first week of the new year.

What plans do you guys have?

Last edited:
We are going to bed early. Tradition. Problem is at midnight someone will set off fireworks somewhere so it's really impossible to sleep through midnight.

Staying indoors and off the roads.

Keeping as warm and as far from all the drunk drivers and state and local police as I can.

Cheers! :)

The usual, absolutely nothing, it's just a man made date change which to me is no more exciting than watching a car milometer change from say 9999.9 miles to 10,000.0 miles, or it's even more exciting if it hits 100,000.0 miles, that's like a new decade, wow I can't wait to watch all those digits reset back to zero at once, not!

Hoping I sleep ,never have another panic attack ,hope nobody wakes me up.
Hoping it's quiet all night and all early next morning

Staying in, as I do every year, especially since Pubs started charging entry fees on New Year's Eve, call me a cheapskate if you like, but why should I pay for entry to my local, on 1 night of the year, when I've been going in all year for free apart from paying for drinks, raffle tickets and quiz sheets?!

Same for me... Stay home and away from the drinking, drunk drivers, and massive police presence on the highways. Forecast is bitter cold anyway, so no need to be out in it.

I might stay up until eleven.

This assumes that the Annual Back Lane New Year's Domestic Argument does not occur because it'll just be too cold to bother going outside to do so. (Also, the African immigrants that have populated this neighbourhood don't do such things.)

And remember, friends don't let friends watch New Year's Rockin' Eve.

Avoiding being thrown into a pool, avoiding any older family members and their questions about why I'm still unmarried and childless, avoiding certain drunk men that still think it's funny to pick me up like a doll... there's a general theme of avoidance throughout the night!

On a positive note, they do tend to have decent music there!

Staying in, as I do every year, especially since Pubs started charging entry fees on New Year's Eve, call me a cheapskate if you like, but why should I pay for entry to my local, on 1 night of the year, when I've been going in all year for free apart from paying for drinks, raffle tickets and quiz sheets?!
There was a licencing law in the UK that prevented pubs from charging entry unless there was also a means to obtain free entry, E.g. if there was a separate entrance to another room like the bar while they only charged for entrance to the lounge. I think it originated from the days when travellers could freely and legally visit any public house to rest and for free water (most likely also for their horses). Even if the law still exists it's obviously outdated and clearly not enforced any more however.

It's a bit mean for a pub not to give priority to their regulars. When I used to be a regular at a pub where I got to know the manager very well the regulars all got given free tickets on New Year (we used to get unofficial lock ins on most nights too lol!). On Christmas Day night which was the only day the pub was closed in the entire year they even had a private party only for the regulars, staff and any of their family or friends that accompanied them, it was easy because they had a large function room in the basement.

Last edited:
I was invited to a New Year's Eve party near to where I live, but it was cancelled due to lack of interest. As I'm with my parents in London for Christmas, I might as well go to the firework display at the church my mum attends. The following day, watch the concert from Vienna with as many TVs and radios turned on as possible.

Not doing anything, we very rarely do. Can't cope with the alcohol induced chaos and have no desire to kiss and hug strangers.

Spending it in with a couple of male friends by setting off fireworks with them. I always cry a bit at Hogmanay bringing in the new year. It’ll be dark, so it’s less awkward if I do.

Staying home and going to bed by 8:30pm.

I do not like large crowds of people, and I get no enjoyment out of being in one. I also do not like holidays because it's an interruption of the daily flow for something that is tedious, demanding, and unimportant.

Some called it "Christmas." I called it "Monday."

Holidays are social and financial obligations, and I have lots of personal issues with that.

My soon-to-be-ex-husband is coming over to receive 2018. It's going to be awkward because...

1-The kids usually fall asleep long before 12.
2-Because after they fall asleep, I will ignore him and go to my bedroom and he will ignore me too, and will sleep in the couch.

Why am I going through this non-sense? Because I have a thirteen year old daughter that wants, to receive the New Year (even if
she usually falls sleep before that, she always wants to try to stay awake).

If anyone can shed some light in the subject and show me another way of going through this, without provoking too much drama in my daughter, please speak out.

New Threads

Top Bottom