• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

I love video gaming to death. But not so much playing it but gathering information about the production, story writing, characters, lore etc. Basically everything that went into making a game and why I found it fun. I can go on about it obsessively, I finally decided to make use of it and started writing a video game review blog. It's not really working out right now, but I am somewhat happy with what I'm doing.

I love video gaming

Video gaming is a special interest that can actually cheer up and entertain society. I read your blog, and I am really fascinated by the level of detail in your blog. Also, I like it that you can clearly explain everything that are related and relevant to the game I want to play. :)

Keep playing and keep smiling :)

My obsession is primitive survival skills and edible/medicinal/useful wild plants. It's been an interest since I was in junior high, but they're weren't as many resources for learning back then. I use books and DVD's to learn with now. To test my knowledge, I foraged foraged for a month and bought no produce. It was like freedom! I live in an RV, so I travel around to different places to backpack while I increase my skills and knowledge. I am also learning to play the guitar. It's tough and tedious. And lastly, I build longbows. I'm working on one now from a Hickory stave. My last one was of White Ash and pulls 62 lbs at 28". Cheers!

My new obsession:

Dr. Seuss!

Even dentists become Seuss-ologists! Lol

bippolo_seed_buzz_dyt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm back on the baking! Made my husband an apple cake following his grandmother's recipie, lots of pressure because nobody (not even his mum) has managed to get it right..well I almost nailed it! He said out of 10 his grandmother's was a 10 and mine was at least 9.5, it was so very close. I've also made lots of cookies and cupcakes and I will probably make him a carrot cake this weekend.

I'm obsessively looking at party things because it's that time of year again, that and looking for bargain presents for Kyokos' birthday.

I'm also taking on Kyoko's obsession with moshi monsters, I end up knowing just as much about something as she does so that I can play with her better and really get on her level. So rather then being like "oh what's this one called again?" I'm like ooooh I know how about if we build a moshi cattery(she loves cats) and then we can have tingaling and lady meowford come stay at it?. Also helps when we play one of her favourite in-car games the alphabetical game, usually it's monster high so A- Abbey, B- Bominable, C-Catrine, D-Deuce etc etc.

Currently I've ended up watching an awful lot of serial killer documentaries, went through the full Transmetropolitan comic backcatalog (because Spider Jerusalem is awesome) and am on the verge of starting out a new tabletop game (or at least, getting into it and painting some models).

Vegetable and herb gardening. I get tons of catalogs, I buy books, I research online and can't learn enough. There is an amazing number of different varieties of vegetables. Very difficult to pick which to grow. There is also a lot of chemistry involved. Adjusting the PH of the soil, measuring and adjusting the nutrient levels for example. Then there is the good exercise with amending and mixing the soil with organic material, collecting dried and green vegetation in the proper ratios for making compost. Three years ago my first garden was quite small and I grew an abundance of weeds and very few worthwhile vegetables. My garden last year was wonderful and produced an abundance of delicious food. I'm in the process of enlarging my plot this year to 25' x 30'. I'm hoping to grow enough to expand my canning of various goods. I particularly like making salsa and bread and butter pickles. I'd also like to make pasta sauces this year with Roma tomatoes, green bell peppers, basil, oregano, onions and such. Also plan to grow and freeze a good amount of green beans, corn, squash, zuchini, brussels sprouts, bell peppers, and carrots. Then there's the variety of greens such as butterhead and various leaf lettuces, pak choi, collards, spinach, and japanese mustard greens. Also radishes, onions, turnips, and beetroot (which I very much dislike canned but hear it's much better picked as baby beets and eaten fresh greens and all steamed or baked with butter. There's the herbs too such as rosemary, cilantro, chervil, oregano, basil and chives.

I also still am very much interested in modern military aircraft, particularly of the American and Russian variety. I've since moved away from buying books and watching videos though and have gravitated to building models of them. I find it to be great fun.

Chess. More specifically the tactics trainer function on chess.com.

Memory. I wish I had a photographic one, albeit only one that let me choose what to forget.

Well, I'm currently still obsessed with the Titanic, I don't believe that I'll ever stop, lol.

My other big obsession is Doctor Who...Thank God for BBCAmerica...:bounce:

I really have no clue if this counts as an obsession, but it's currently ongoing:

There's something going on with my dad that I'm not supposed to talk about yet, but only one person on here knows about it since we talk on Facebook. Well, for the last two years, I have noticed countless social and logical flaws with my dad. Normally I explode at him and scream because it quite frankly pisses me off.

I came up with a new approach. I will write down what I wish I could say back at him in the notes app on my iPhone 4, and when everyone has gone to sleep for the night, I will lock the door of my room like I always do when I go to bed/change/need privacy in general, and will write out each irk on pieces of paper (so one page for each issue, and I write it nice and big. I NEVER double side these)--- I am making a giant paper ball of anger. It started with one crumpled up page, and I'm layering it. The back-side is the visible side, so that all the anger can be kept on the INSIDE. It's cathartic writing it all out, and there are multiple pages where it's the same thing. But that's OKAY! I'm letting it out without SCREAMING it out. It is currently 55 pages thick, and when I move out, I will burn it as soon as my friends have the soonest bonfire when I do move out. :sneaky:

I really have no clue if this counts as an obsession, but it's currently ongoing:

There's something going on with my dad that I'm not supposed to talk about yet, but only one person on here knows about it since we talk on Facebook. Well, for the last two years, I have noticed countless social and logical flaws with my dad. Normally I explode at him and scream because it quite frankly pisses me off.

I came up with a new approach. I will write down what I wish I could say back at him in the notes app on my iPhone 4, and when everyone has gone to sleep for the night, I will lock the door of my room like I always do when I go to bed/change/need privacy in general, and will write out each irk on pieces of paper (so one page for each issue, and I write it nice and big. I NEVER double side these)--- I am making a giant paper ball of anger. It started with one crumpled up page, and I'm layering it. The back-side is the visible side, so that all the anger can be kept on the INSIDE. It's cathartic writing it all out, and there are multiple pages where it's the same thing. But that's OKAY! I'm letting it out without SCREAMING it out. It is currently 55 pages thick, and when I move out, I will burn it as soon as my friends have the soonest bonfire when I do move out. :sneaky:

I wish I could handle my anger that way...Instead I'm all illogical and screamy about it.:banghead::stomp::mad:

Same as always - books and ocean life. After I got to swim with sand tigers in Florida I've been obsessing a bit about planning a cage dive with great whites. Might take me a couple years to save up the money to go though. I'm thinking off the coast of California, which is cheaper than South Africa.

My current interest is Asssassin's Creed, but I have a feeling that Doctor Who may overtake this soon.

I actually just got obsessed with an old TV show called "Columbo " I'm not sure why but Peter Falk the lead actors personally is very humorus and I like the way that on the show he thinks very logically , but uncoventionally at the same time ..

Sherlock Holmes
Victorian literature in general (favorites including Wilde, Doyle, Shelley, Keats, Poe)
Doctor Who
Classical music/opera

New Threads

Top Bottom