• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what are you thankful for this year?

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
I know that this year has been one of the worst but what are the things you can think of that made you happy during this time?

I am thankful for the strength to go on along with kind people and all of you guys

That I have enough to eat, a comfortable place to sleep. That I don't have to work outside the home anymore. That I can do what I want, when I want.

I'm thankful for all my kids and grandkids and growing family. Thankful for the news of two new grandchildren next year - January and June, I think.
And I'm thankful that it's easier to stay in.

Thankful that I haven't come down with the virus and that everyone I know is doing relatively well thus far.

Grateful for my family and friends, my cat, being in an environment where i am not isolated, for all the online seminars i have listened to, the internet, recognizing toxic people in my life and getting rid of them. My favorite web novel getting an adaptation.

I am thankful to have had a pretty good year and hope next year can somehow be better. I am thankful to my mom for putting up with me all these years and for all that she has done for me. I am also thankful that my dog and cat are still alive and well. I am glad to have my old job back and to have a nice and friendly boss this time.

Thankful that I got my kids on the waiting list to be assessed. Thankful that my assessment is next week. Thankful that we still have a place to live. Thankful for hot, homemade apple cider. Thankful for Netflix and a warm bed. Especially thankful for my kitty, Dusty.

face-down Dusty.jpg

And thankful to be alive, really. So many have lost their lives this year.

Edit: Sorry the image is so huge.

Well, there's the usual.

• Thankful for my wife and my two adult children.
  • Thankful for 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a desert tortoise.
  • Thankful for all my online Aspie friends.
  • Thankful for a roof over my head, warmth when it is cold, and food to eat.
  • Thankful I am still mobile enough to hike into deep wilderness.
  • Thankful for many places for solo nudity, social nudity, and even public nudity - and never having met anyone who objected.
  • Thankful for a few anime and television shows I enjoy.
  • Thankful for health and family and friends being COVID free.
  • Thankful that now I am retired I can drop my mask more often.
  • Thankful my impending senility has been delayed.
  • Thankful for enough resources to make that retirement tolerable, even if it isn't luxurious.
  • Thankful for a space program that will make mankind multi-planetary someday. (That's YOU Elon Musk!)
  • Thankful for having learned:
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    To hold infinity in the palm of my hand
    And eternity in an hour.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom