• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you reading now?

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
People have often commented that I often say that I’m busy and seemed stressed and the like when I’m making posts on here. So I figured I’d try and set aside more time to read the various fiction books I’ve been reading. I figured I’d make this thread in which we can share the things we’ve been reading in an effort to encourage me and others to read more, I‘ll make my first post this evening once I’ve finished doing the dishes.

Not right now, but very soon, will read a chapter of the bible, then the day text on an app.

I used to love reading, but alas, currently, tech has taken over! But, happily, had the fortitude to not throw my books away, so I am sure, that if that time arrives, I will pick up, where I left off lol

This evening I read from Lovecraft Mythos: New & Classic Collection, I’m in the middle of a short story of a disappeared horror author, right now the protagonist is reading the last letters sent to him by the disappeared author; in them the author has learned that a deceased cult leader is buried and a Lovecraftian creature is burrowing towards his corpse. (According to the theology of this short story, souls can remain trapped in their corpses and other things and thus, this cult is in danger of having his soul tormented by the creature that is approaching him.)

I'm not reading any books currently.
My current lifestyle doesn't allow much time.
I do usually find stories and documents of interest when I'm on-line though every day.

Physics, medical journals, astronomy, and psychology, mostly.
I just read an article on Why Do We Laugh? A neuroscience report.

I'm chipping away at two different books at the moment:

Leaving the Fold: by Marlene Winell, Ph.D.

and

Creating Christ (How Roman Emporers Invented Christianity): by James S. Valliant & Warren Fahy

Caesar Messiah: the Roman Conspiracy to invent Jesus
Not that I'm aware. The book you cite was apparently published in 2005 whereas the book I have, written by entirely different authors, was published in 2018.

Last edited:
Just finished a story in a new series by Janet Evanovitch. Also reading a lot of books sporadically, several on ancient remains and archaeology in UK, some on flora and fauna, some on local history here where I live, and I am starting a new detective story soon, I've been saving. Oh and 1 I got in a 3 for a pound sale, called Creative writing for beginners, it's a novel about a guy who's taking that class. He's gay. I do like stories that are about minority lives.

The Waterloo Archive Vol 4, German Sources - Gareth Glover
Bible- a few pages a day. I'm in Isaiah atm.

Read more of the short story from Lovecraft Mythos: New & Classic Collection, the vanished author is now recounting his visiting the deceased cult-leader's house and meeting the cult-leader's wife; turns-out he didn't treat her that well and messed her up a bit. (as well as the house)

On another note I've also been using religious books for my daily meditation, I'm not sure about including them in here or not, but one of the books I've been using is Fatima in Lucia's own words, today I read the part where Lucia introduced Saint Francisco, (not to be confused with St. Francis of Assisi of course, I'm talking about the seer) and described his personality, it's quite interesting and definitely something for me to ponder.

Starting Book 5 of The Iliad, Athena has given Diomedes her power to charge through the Trojan lines and cause them to retreat back to the city, I’m at the point now where he’s been hit by Pandorus who claims to Apollo’s protection, I won’t read any further tonight though.

1667588240861.png

I picked this up for like $4 a little while ago and now I have a really good reason to get back into it! Nerdy music-makers on here might know what I'm talking about

I prefer to read magazines. Currently reading my back issues of scientific American in 25-minute increment's takes three to four days per issue, eight more to go. Then it's on to back issues of discovery magazine. Also reading a book called Immune in ten minutes intervals while I straighten.my legs with weights. after the bike. Every morning.

New Threads

Top Bottom