• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you grateful for today?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I am grateful to have a house that I transformed into a mega sober man cave - full of movies, anime and video games.

I am grateful I have food in my kitchen.

I am grateful for black coffee.

I am grateful that I have stable income.

I am grateful for my health.

I am grateful for my chosen family.

What are you grateful for today?

I'm greatful for having such a good Uncle.

I'm greatful for a chance try new food.

I'm greatful to be no longer drinking soda.

I'm greatful to learn about new things.

I'm greatful to know I am not alone.

I'm grateful for the fact that my family and friends are not only very supportive, but also very accepting. I still havent come out to them yet because I'm a total wuss or something, but I dont have to worry about what happens when I do, thanks to how great they are.

I'm grateful for all the other things they do for me as well. My family helps me with stuff all the time. My friend is extremely generous... gave me an entire Xbox and like 12 games, just out of nowhere. How lucky must I be, to be surrounded by great people like that.

I'm grateful to have access to the kind of money that I do. I'm well aware that very, very few people have that kind of amount. And it means I dont have to worry about quite a lot of things that would cause most people a bunch of problems. And I can do my hobbies as I please.

Speaking of which, I'm grateful to have my hobbies and interests! I used to only really have one... two, maybe. Got stuck in a rut, mental health suffered bad. My father gave the very strong suggestion that I get out of that rut by getting some real variety. It worked.

I'm grateful to the people who design all the board games I love. I have such a good time with them, and the tactile element of them is very good from a sensory point of view (usually). Same with the twisty puzzles.

I'm grateful for my car. It's not just any car... it belonged to my late grandparents, who both passed away in these last couple of years. When the time came for my grandfather to hand it down to someone (when he hit the point where it was no longer safe for him to drive), it could have gone to any of my 5 bazillion cousins. But it went to me for some reason. That makes it very special. It helps my stepmother too... the car's presence acts as a reminder of all the good times she had with them. Also it keeps me from going crazy. I need to get out of the house at least once every couple of days or I get a bit loopy.

I'm grateful for the astonishing technology that I have access to. It gets progressively more ridiculous as time goes on. All of these gizmos would have just blown my mind right out my ears if I'd seen any of it as a kid.

As recent tech goes, I'm grateful to be able to easily access pretty much every type of AI. As I'm technically minded, it was inevitable that I'd connect with these. And they are very helpful in helping me learn new things, it turns out. VERY helpful. Among the crazy amount of other things they can do.

I'm grateful for Advil. Just... yeah. Advil.

I'm grateful for this weird room I'm in. For this weird house. The "Hollywood room" (where I'm at right now), the odd but super comfy basement, the pond, the fish in the pond, the frogs that come from who knows where to visit the pond (seriously I've not figured that part out yet)

Grateful for my arm brace. I doubt I have to explain what that does.

And last but certainly not least, I'm grateful for my totally perfect dogs. I'd do anything for them. They run the house, and they know it, the lovable goofballs.

I am grateful for my partner, who has been with me through good and bad and stuck with my despite my worst. Their patience, love, acceptance, and uniqueness are all attributes which I admire.
I am grateful for the home and life we have together, where we can be our neurodiverse selves. I am grateful for my diagnosis, which has helped me; my new job, which is great and I love it; my church and various musical opportunities; good books, Tolkien, Bach, and also rice and beans.

1. My wife and I love each other.
2. My wife and I have two adult children that are happy and successful in their own lives.
3. My wife and I have successful careers.
4. My wife and I have enough cash flow to live comfortably.
5. My wife and I still have good health.
6. I have goals and aspirations to strive for, even after retirement.

My arm boo-boo is finally healing. It’s been talking all week by itching and regenerating my nerves. As soon as the stitches get loose. I’m cutting them out. But yeah, I’m still kicking. Warning for anyone who doesn’t like gore or blood.

1702930539593.jpeg

I am grateful for standing up for my boundaries. Telling people in my life, no you can't use me.
I love boundaries. It shows that you have limits and reasons to be respected. If someone doesn’t respect you boundaries, then they don’t respect you as a person. It’s time to cut the cancers out.

Grateful for my partner
Grateful for living in Australia where I can receive amazing support, now that I've applied for it
Grateful I have achieved so much, even though I am ASD2+ADHDy and I have had a lot of trauma I'm still trying to get past
Grateful I had children, beautiful children, even though it's been very hard, raising them
Grateful I now have two baby grandchildren
Grateful that I have a home, security, and I don't have to leave it, if I don't want, to work, which would ruin my health even more
Grateful for the birds and trees I can see and hear, here at home
Grateful for this site, where I can, finally, feel what it feels like to have a community, a community that understands me, and some people even "see" me!

I am grateful for my wife. We did not really know each other when we met and it’s very unlikely that we would have gotten together if we did (but I'm extremely happy we did). We met on-line months before any pictures or meeting in person. But now, 27 years later we have, and are continuing to, learn who we are. She, nor I, knew anything about my autism. I knew there was something very wrong with me, which I was explicit in telling her all my issues. She didn’t take much of that seriously, but has learned that everything I told her is true plus much, much more. What I’m grateful for is that in spite of all my issues, she has stayed with me. She says that I am hard to live with and I agree. In fact, I exclaim to her that it hard for me to live with me. As an NT, she is my social buffer. I am enormously grateful for that.

I am grateful that I have my own private electronics design lab. It is my autistic sanctuary. My safe place. My haven. My lab has been my life’s dream (obsession) since 5 years of age (or earlier). It gives me hope that life long dreams can come true.

I am grateful for my health. I am grateful that my autistic obsession has educated me how to live with type 1 diabetes, Celiac disease and Crohn’s disease – all without any complications. That effort, also educated me on how to be healthy beyond all the media promoted myths and society accepted misperceptions about what is and is not healthy.

I am grateful for learning about autism and how that explains all the “hell” of my life. I am grateful for learning how to manage my sensitivities, phobias and PTSDs. I am grateful for realizing the sources and causes of my PTSDs. Even if that doesn’t result in a cure, it still results in knowledge of how to mange it. As such, my life is much better now.

I am grateful for the job that I retired from. I am grateful for the owner/boss that seemed to understand me even more that I did.

I suspect I am totally alone in this one here on this forum, but I have become grateful for my autism. While it has been total hell to live with for most of my life, it has also been a major benefit. It has induced obsessions that resulted in near perfect physical health, especially for my age, list of diseases and family background, and a career that would have never happened if not for my autistic obsessions.

I'm grateful I don't have to do much today, it's "lille julaften" (Little Christmas Eve) today and I'm just making food and puttering around. A very quiet day full of Christmas snacks and Christmas movies on tv. Even the cats are extra lazy today.

:snowman:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom