• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you autism quirks?

Having to know everything before everybody else think my tablet is punishing me by not uploading some messages ,piling things .

I have loads, I have a fixation on our court costumes, even when Dad was a magistrate in the 80's I was fascinated by them. Wigs gowns etc.
I remember in the early part of last decade friends and me went to accompany one of their boyfriends to crown court and I saw a barrister right behind me, he seemed 10 feet tall.
We even spoke to my friends barrister afterwards and he had his wig on the desk. I wanted to colour it in highlighter pen colours.
If I ever had to be in a court situation for any reason and speak to a robed barrister/judge I would have to tell them first because I would not be able to keep a straight face.
I wouldn't tell NT's this but feel I can on this forum.
My mam rebelled by wearing dark brown shoes in court what a rebel ;),the wigs give me the creeps,I now have a picture of barristers chain smoking while standing in a courthouse.

My mam rebelled by wearing dark brown shoes in court what a rebel ;),the wigs give me the creeps,I now have a picture of barristers chain smoking while standing in a courthouse.
HAhahahaha so it isn't just me. I wanted to put a picture in but it's illegal to put images on forums due to copyright. I saw a picture of a lot of them together once, because they protested against the government not paying them to defend the poor, it looked funny. I hope they still do get paid because they are needed.

Among some of my quirks, I like wearing overshirts. Pullovers are suffocating, but I can zip up hoodies just fine. But I need some sort of overshirt or I'll feel a little underdressed.

I don't like stepping on lines, including invisible lines, unless I'm walking along them. Don't like stepping on borders or boundaries, like doorways or the edges of a rug.

HAhahahaha so it isn't just me. I wanted to put a picture in but it's illegal to put images on forums due to copyright. I saw a picture of a lot of them together once, because they protested against the government not paying them to defend the poor, it looked funny. I hope they still do get paid because they are needed.
You can get non copyright photos and pencil drawings their uniform hasn't changed since Queen Anne died and Queen Victoria was a monarch

Sorry for the ramble.
My latest brand newest obsession is am I psychotic.
Not a quirk as such, but an obsession.
I had it once when I used to take amphetamine, and for those who have never had it, psychosis doesn't let you know you have got it.
I heard voices and thought they were real and got admitted to the funny farm. I still didnt believe I had it but when I came home, I took more speed and got it again, the very same, and said Go away psychosis.
You ALWAYS have evidence for psychosis but it's false.

This time I have evidence in the form of photos of things that are problems, and smells.
I am not hearing voices.
I tell myself I have made so many errors that my chance to make anything good of this life is over.
This is not an external voice like my last psychotic episodes, its my own internal dialogue.
I do not know enough about psychosis to know if you can get it without the voices, I don't get new smells, always the same and no visual hallucinations.
The smells are real, the problems on the photos are real. I know us AS people hate vagueness but I don't want to put the problems on a public forum.
It's the internal dialogue in my head that is telling me my errors have made it too late to salvage the wreckage in my life.
I do not know if the internal dialogue is psychosis, as the evidence is not bizarre like the "evidence" I had when I had real diagnosed psychosis.
I googled to see if you could have it without hearing voices but typical google brings up millions of results with no relevance.
So, here I am, wondering if I have it.
If I have, I can tell the inner dialogue "You are psychotic and I don't believe you' however the physical evidence is on photos.
When I tried to take a photo of a hallucination I had when I had real psychosis, it didnt come out, but these have.
The smells are real.
So, its more of an obsession but us AS are obsessed. The obsession being, is my internal dialogue telling me the truth or am I psychotic. I think I would rather it be psychotic because then I know it isn't real and I can tell it to go away.
I don't take amphetamines, havent for years, the stench of them put me off make me feel like heaving.
My mh support workers couldn't smell the smell but they came when it wasn't there, and now we have COVID they havent been for ages.
When they were last here, it was but I forgot to tell them because they panicked me telling me they wanted to discharge me.
They know there are problems and have seen the photos.
I'm only 54,I want to leave a good footprint on the earth.
I just wish I knew if this inner dialogue is psychotic as it can be convincing.
I even prayed last night to God about it.

Last edited:
You can get non copyright photos and pencil drawings their uniform hasn't changed since Queen Anne died and Queen Victoria was a monarch
I know but its a hassle joining the non copyright sites, ill have a quick look to see if I can put a photo in
I joined a site but no barrister in sight or judge, all American. It's so easy to google images but its against the law.

I know but its a hassle joining the non copyright sites, ill have a quick look to see if I can put a photo in
I joined a site but no barrister in sight or judge, all American. It's so easy to google images but its against the law.
Get a cartoon or pencil sketch from the 1800s the attire has never!!!!!!!!changed for 300 years

Get a cartoon or pencil sketch from the 1800s the attire has never!!!!!!!!changed for 300 years
I know but it was right then, now we are in the 21st century and we still have the same fancy dress costume, I really wanted a copywriter free photo. There's loads of copyrighted photos on Google, theres a crowd of them and one of them is pulling a funny face, another picture is of a barrister with a fag hanging out of his mouth. The modern day ones are the ones I am fixated on.

I know but it was right then, now we are in the 21st century and we still have the same fancy dress costume, I really wanted a copywriter free photo. There's loads of copyrighted photos on Google, theres a crowd of them and one of them is pulling a funny face, another picture is of a barrister with a fag hanging out of his mouth. The modern day ones are the ones I am fixated on.
If an actor portrays one on TV or a movie is it copyright?

I try to live "comfortably" in that i'm not always annoyed by tight, constrictive clothing, trying to look past a stain on a phone screen etc.

New Threads

Top Bottom