• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you autism quirks?

Aspie_With_Attitude

V.I.P Member
I had uploaded this YouTube video onto my channel back on 29th June 2020.

I never knew what the word or term "QUIRK" really meant or what this suppose to have meant that "People who are autistic are quirky".

I wanted to make this video not to only understand what QUIRK really means, I also wanted to explain this in my own words and define what makes me a quirky person. I had suggested that my quirks are influenced by sensory challenges and my sensory interest.

The sensory challenges are the clothes I wear, I only like hoodies, trackpants and regular t-shirts. On the other hand I have my sensory interest in visuals and sounds, the sensory visual interests is the animations I use in the video while the sensory sound interest is the music that I mix for my videos.

What are your autistic quirks?
What makes you feel unique?

I am Spanish-native language speaker, so I had to look up for the term. But my quirk is that I have to have my food displayed in a particular way when eating LOL

The only clothes I prefer to wear are short-sleeved or sleeveless tops and jeans. This is going to sound kinky, but right now I'm in my underwear because it's a billion degrees out and I'd rather be in my underwear than wearing shorts.:blush: Of course, I'll put on shorts if I go outside.

I like being naked. That usually isn't an option so the clothes I wear tend to be loose.

I'll be very logical when everyone else is emoting all over the place. All that emoting really bugs me. That leads people to think I don't care.

I can't stand really noisy and chaotic environments. Bars, arcades, tightly packed crowds are bad for me. Open areas with some noise I don't mind. I don't mind loud noises if there is an order to them, like music. OTOH, the roar of the crowd drives me batty.

Sometimes I am just going happily along my way thinking everything is great when I discover someone thinks I'm acting "creepy." That destroys the day for me and haunts me for a very long time.

I never knew what the word or term "QUIRK" really meant or what this suppose to have meant that "People who are autistic are quirky".

I wanted to make this video not to only understand what QUIRK really means, I also wanted to explain this in my own words and define what makes me a quirky person. I had suggested that my quirks are influenced by sensory challenges and my sensory interest.

The sensory challenges are the clothes I wear, I only like hoodies, trackpants and regular t-shirts. On the other hand I have my sensory interest in visuals and sounds, the sensory visual interests is the animations I use in the video while the sensory sound interest is the music that I mix for my videos.

I only wear sweat pants or cotton shorts unless I can’t escape it. I only wear v neck shirts and can’t wear normal hoodies because having something remotely tight around my neck drives me crazy

I don’t bathe regularly because for some bizarre reason the process of getting everything ready to take a shower is stressful to me as are most day to day activities

Yet I don’t seem very autistic at all if at all normally, and am a socially skilled and sort of smooth and rather funny normal, so I just come across as being homeless or maybe kind of crazy, but a strangely likable sort of homeless or crazy.

I am sure that I am very confusing to other people.

Like I come across as well adjusted normal, but I really struggle with many things that even ***some*** more severely autistic people might be able to do without too many problems.

Hey, do you have any of your hip hop things online or even just the music tracks? My one friend is a fantastic multi-instrumentalist and I was part of this music group that met before things went wrong, but my talents are about this unique ability to make up lyrics over everything

If you want to collaborate on something musical, let me know

No joke, you manage to put out YouTube videos with music mixed in and so forth. My friend, once I have can get out of money situation so I can be in normal contact with him, has his own songs which he needs put out there and I am legitimately really good at making up songs

Last edited:
Hey, do you have any of your hip hop things online or even just the music tracks? My one friend is a fantastic multi-instrumentalist and I was part of this music group that met before things went wrong, but my talents are about this unique ability to make up lyrics over everything

If you want to collaborate on something musical, let me know

No joke, you manage to put out YouTube videos with music mixed in and so forth. My friend, once I have can get out of money situation so I can be in normal contact with him, has his own songs which he needs put out there and I am legitimately really good at making up songs

Sorry, I am not into the Hip-Hop scene anymore, I haven't been feeling it in the last few years and my generation's gone. However it is, this is the last Hip-Hop release that I did except the music video got old too quick since my animation skills on the test card won't stop evolving.

Clothes are a real bother for me. The material must feel just right and nothing tight or stiff.
Can't wear denim at all.
In fact I don't wear clothes at all at home unless I have to go outside. It's so hot here where I live anyway.

Same with my bed. The feel of the sheets and blanket must be soft and the pillow I'm fussy with.
I have plushies in the bed and I need music to sleep. I need music to live!
All day ambient music is played. Rock when driving.

Loud music at concerts is fine, but, the sound of people's mixed voices like in a large store puts me into
a spaced out dissociative state.

I never developed the ability to look people in the eyes or if I do I know it is like a stare.

Sorry, I am not into the Hip-Hop scene anymore, I haven't been feeling it in the last few years and my generation's gone. However it is, this is the last Hip-Hop release that I did except the music video got old too quick since my animation skills on the test card won't stop evolving.

I really like it

Where did the backing music track come from? It’s fantastic.

For some reason it bothers me right at the beginning where you say 4 times “get ya groove on” but after that I really like the whole rest of it including the way you rapped.

Last edited:
I really like it

Where did the backing music track come from? It’s fantastic.

For some reason it bothers me right at the beginning where you say 4 times “get ya groove on” but after that I really like the whole rest of it including the way you rapped.

I actually made the beats myself and in my autistic YouTube channel "Aspie With Attitude" I did discuss how I wrote the song and made the video.

I actually made the beats myself and in my autistic YouTube channel "Aspie With Attitude" I did discuss how I wrote the song and made the video.

I’m slightly confused, did you directly sample Nile Rodgers guitar? It’s like your song sounds like “Get Lucky” or maybe a little like the guitar “Lose Yourself To Dance,” but it’s different.

The only clothes I prefer to wear are short-sleeved or sleeveless tops and jeans. This is going to sound kinky, but right now I'm in my underwear because it's a billion degrees out and I'd rather be in my underwear than wearing shorts.:blush: Of course, I'll put on shorts if I go outside.
That isn't kinky or sexy. That's just comfortable. I often skip the underwear.

That isn't kinky or sexy. That's just comfortable. I often skip the underwear.

My friend, whose sense of humor is as ridiculous as mine, but he is far braver, stripped nude and had some male heartthrob sign his underwear outside a local music venue, which they surprisingly did.

He also gave himself a fake combover despite having a full head of hair...gave himself a fake giant bald spot by shaving the top of his head and cutting his previously long hair to appear like a 30 year old with an extremely obvious complex about balding.

My friend, whose sense of humor is as ridiculous as mine, but he is far braver, stripped nude and had some male heartthrob sign his underwear outside a local music venue, which they surprisingly did.

He also gave himself a fake combover despite having a full head of hair...gave himself a fake giant bald spot by shaving the top of his head and cutting his previously long hair to appear like a 30 year old with an extremely obvious complex about balding.

That sounds hilarious! Sounds like something I'd do after a few drinks. I have no inhibitions regarding social nudity whatsoever. It is just one of those arbitrary rules one follows in order to avoid trouble. It has no meaning for me. I also like being a jokester and as a teenager, I was big into streaking.

But... if it did not turn out well... if I were ridiculed or rejected or cops called... I'd be crushed and depressed for weeks afterward, cursing myself for my perversity and inability to act "normal."

Do you understand?

That sounds hilarious! Sounds like something I'd do after a few drinks. I have no inhibitions regarding social nudity whatsoever. It is just one of those arbitrary rules one follows in order to avoid trouble. It has no meaning for me. I also like being a jokester and as a teenager, I was big into streaking.

But... if it did not turn out well... if I were ridiculed or rejected or cops called... I'd be crushed and depressed for weeks afterward, cursing myself for my perversity and inability to act "normal."

Do you understand?

I get it in a sense that where even though I was raised in a pretty conservative rural two parent background, and my friend was raised in one parent liberal urban background, we are both deeply subversive about society, and in all directions against everyone, both liberal and conservative. Things like public nudity or refusing to take showers are real subversive things, dressing in this way or that way are just fitting in with different crowds or matching different societal expectations in all directions that are just a bunch of social games.

So I might go as far, and have, as buying fake hair African-American women often purchase to make especially my back extremely hairy because it’s funny, or to dress up on Halloween as a flasher wearing a trench coat with underwear underneath. But my friend goes one step further with actual public nudity multiple times

But with us it’s about questioning and challenging everything, not really about desiring a freedom from clothes. Like it’s humor and freedom from stupidities of society or something, but it isn’t about not wearing clothes

More straightforward naturalist things, I kind of don’t really quiet understand.

Do you understand?

I will say that I really don’t get why nudists or streakers or flashers or whatever are considered such criminals. And like streakers at sports events tend to be really entertaining. Like I have zero interest in being nude in public, but I don’t exactly understand the danger...like, what, is a streaker going to secretly molest a 11 year old girl..of course they won’t, because everyone will be watching them like a hawk because they are nude in public

Last edited:
I will say that I really don’t get why nudists or streakers or flashers or whatever are considered such criminals. And like streakers at sports events tend to be really entertaining. Like I have zero interest in being nude in public, but I don’t exactly understand the danger...like, what, is a streaker going to secretly molest a 11 year old girl..of course they won’t, because everyone will be watching them like a hawk because they are nude in public
It is because the very act of being naked is considered a sexual act by many. Maybe not even a majority but a loud minority will always set the agenda. And flashers are completely different critters from a streaker which is different from a nudist. Yet they are all lumped together.

Back in my single days when I'd visit SciFi conventions with my Wiccan gf of the time, we got into what was called "freaking the mundanes." That was dressing - or undressing - or behaving in a way that was clearly subversive to the normal order of things. That order needs to be disordered every now and then. Ditto streaking in high school and college. But there are also issues of freedom, acceptance, and sensory comfort that are more dominant.

It has changed a bit though. We are less puritanical than even a couple of decades ago. Some cities never got around to making public nudity illegal. In more liberal areas people are starting to accept it in terms of occasional events, like the World Naked Bike Ride or the SF Bay to Breakers or a Spencer Tunick photoshoot. Still wouldn't want to try randomly wandering down the street that way. Even if it is legal there are other ways to harass you.

In LA, the nudist community has been very welcoming to minorities, gays, lesbians, and trans folx. In other places, probably not so much. Arizona would not be a good bet.

In the most conservative areas it is still a felony and a sex crime. Even top-free for women is having a difficult time in those, despite court rulings. There is a tiny activist nudist community but most stay in the closet for fear of social rejection or adverse consequences at work.

Nobody is demanding anyone else get naked, I just want it to be an available fashion choice.

Last edited:
I have loads, I have a fixation on our court costumes, even when Dad was a magistrate in the 80's I was fascinated by them. Wigs gowns etc.
I remember in the early part of last decade friends and me went to accompany one of their boyfriends to crown court and I saw a barrister right behind me, he seemed 10 feet tall.
We even spoke to my friends barrister afterwards and he had his wig on the desk. I wanted to colour it in highlighter pen colours.
If I ever had to be in a court situation for any reason and speak to a robed barrister/judge I would have to tell them first because I would not be able to keep a straight face.
I wouldn't tell NT's this but feel I can on this forum.

New Threads

Top Bottom