• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Welcome To The New AspiesCentral.com - Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pleasure. I feel ya on the venting. I remember websites that killed user experience via changes. Then we adjusted, got used to it and moved forward.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am still here but needed to vent. I can ignore the ads but some are really repulsive.

We run three display advertisements on the site. You will never see more than that.

I fully understand that you rely on ad revenue, but I understand why people find the adverts in between paragraphs in people's posts are a little too intrusive. For example:

image64.jpg

On one occasion, an one of these was of a sexual nature, which could easily be misunderstood. Not saying that's your fault, just pointing it out.

Having a banner above the logo or to the right of it would be a better way of going about it in my opinion. Or if in threads, in a separate area below posts rather than inside them.

I fully understand that you rely on ad revenue, but I understand why people find the adverts in between paragraphs in people's posts are a little too intrusive. For example:

image64.jpg

On one occasion, an one of these was of a sexual nature, which could easily be misunderstood. Not saying that's your fault, just pointing it out.

Having a banner above the logo or to the right of it would be a better way of going about it in my opinion. Or if in threads, in a separate area below posts rather than inside them.

If you are logged in you won't see ads inside the post.

If you are logged in you won't see ads inside the post.

I know, I'm talking about for other members and people too young to be able to pay for the VIP upgrade.

Also, I hope I don't come across as being overly critical. I think you've done a great job with this site, I just like to try and help by offering my opinions.

Hi Kuribo and welcome to Aspie Central!! Scotland eh?! Scottish are famous for being some of the best soldiers and also for having many left handers including having built Castles with stairs for left handers. Love the accent. The ads don't bother me as the longer I'm here I notice them less. Plus so many sites have ads on them it's getting kind of usual/expected. Anyhoo perhaps like me, the longer you are here the less you will notice them.

May your journey here be as educational and socially fun as mine has been.

I know, I'm talking about for other members and people too young to be able to pay for the VIP upgrade.

Also, I hope I don't come across as being overly critical. I think you've done a great job with this site, I just like to try and help by offering my opinions.

Is there any way to get email alerts for specific, individual threads?

Yep, I'm pretty sure you can. As far as I'm aware you have to 'subscribe' to the thread and then make sure your email preferences allow AC to send you emails. I get way to many emails, so I had to do the opposite and turn the subscription off :)

It comes up as an option when you decide to reply to the thread, at least I think this is what you are referring to.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 60
I'm just curious as to who runs AC. Who has the financial responsibility of all the costs etc. Is it just one person or is there a group of people? Who, ultimately is in control and has to ensure AC remains up and running?

I'm just curious as to who runs AC. Who has the financial responsibility of all the costs etc. Is it just one person or is there a group of people? Who, ultimately is in control and has to ensure AC remains up and running?

All of our forums are under an LLC which includes me and one other person. The other person is a friend of mine who handles the business and legal problems that come with running online web sites. My job is to handle everything else involved with the actual forums such as keeping the site secure, fast and growing healthy.

Hope that answers your question.

All of our forums are under an LLC which includes me and one other person. The other person is a friend of mine who handles the business and legal problems that come with running online web sites. My job is to handle everything else involved with the actual forums such as keeping the site secure, fast and growing healthy.

Cool. I'm curious, how profitable is running a company like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom