• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Welcome To The New AspiesCentral.com - Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya Brent,
recently I noticed a few people post to say they don't overly appreciate that all new media can be viewed by everybody as soon it is posted (obviously regardless of whose album it is posted in, whereas on the old site you could post something in your album and only friends could view the content).
Now, while this sites newer idea didn't bother me particularly I can understand their criticisms and concerns, so you may well imagine my surprise when I now find clear indication of new media plastered across the front page in a banner style which forces me to take note regardless of whether I have an interest or not.

I couldn't help but wonder at this turn of events, is there a way to turn this off for people who may find the content bothersome or just plain annoying? because it does seem a little unusual to have people draw attention to not liking something only to have it become more visible soon after.

Where have these people posted? Albums have the same permission that they have always had. If someone makes their album available only to friends then that is the only people who can see them. The only thing that changed was that the images moved from the bottom of the page to the top.

I would have to look it up but I think one post mentioning pictures posted recently, it could have been said in a now closed thread.

Actually the other thing is that in the last week I am getting this message when accessing AC: "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors."
Do you know how I can get rid of that other than swapping to another browser?

Thanks

I would have to look it up but I think one post mentioning pictures posted recently, it could have been said in a now closed thread.

Actually the other thing is that in the last week I am getting this message when accessing AC: "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors."
Do you know how I can get rid of that other than swapping to another browser?

Thanks

If you get that error then make note of the url and send it to me so I can investigate. There are a few rare cases where that can happen but for the most part you should be able to browse without getting it.

The only thing that changed was that the images moved from the bottom of the page to the top.

I remember people mentioned that the images on top were a bit odd, considering what's in the albums. For that reason you moved them on the bottom of the page...

at least, if my memory serves me right.

Is there any way to add email notifications for quotes to XenForo?

I've looked but I couldn't find a mod.

I like the layout and useability. It's one of the better sites I've used. I do agree, though, the ads and adblocker popup are annoying. I understand that ad revenue is a way to keep the site running, but it's rather distracting and kind of takes away from the experience. I'd probably be more likely to get a VIP membership if the ads weren't a ploy to get it.

Is any one having problems up loading images to their albums? I get as far as clicking on the folder then it stops. It happened on chrome and firefox.

I have not been able to load pics to my albums as well

I like the layout and useability. It's one of the better sites I've used. I do agree, though, the ads and adblocker popup are annoying. I understand that ad revenue is a way to keep the site running, but it's rather distracting and kind of takes away from the experience. I'd probably be more likely to get a VIP membership if the ads weren't a ploy to get it.

We only show three advertisements on the entire site. I try to keep it simple.

Is any one having problems up loading images to their albums? I get as far as clicking on the folder then it stops. It happened on chrome and firefox.

Will look into this.

I joined the VIP section because I believe in the site and figured I'd do my part to support it. Ten bucks is a cheap price to pay for a place as nice as this. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a few Harley ads.:D

I tried...and failed...I get a blank hole on the page after I ask it to place an image...below is a snip of what I see

desktop snip.JPG

It is still the same I go to click on the folder I want add images to and nothing happens.

I am getting the same as well

Arashi has been having problems as well yesterday.

Sorry for the delay missed the post button:) Thanks Gene

I am not used to using the screenshot that much, so Thanks Gene and Brent. It was happening to two different browsers.

Its working now, I have been able to open the folder.
I have added all the images to the folder I wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom