• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Welcome to another episode of....

aliharperx

...I get bored on the internet!

About four years ago, I was seeing a therapist and she suggested I might have Asperger's. I had already heard of it before then, thanks to an article about it in Seventeen Magazine. And I did consider many times prior to her telling me, that I might have it, myself. Eventually I was formally diagnosed with Asperger's. I'm not going to put a whole pity-party story on here.

However, to avoid any future awkwardness, I'll be blunt when I say my father is not in my life (for good reasons) and my mother passed away around 4 years ago. I have one 16-year-old brother (who I don't get along with and lives with his adoptive mother) and I live by myself, now. I'm 21 years old and I would rather make my friends in a library or a coffee joint rather than some super-loud dance club where you have to scream over the latest remix of a Miley Cyrus song. (Not a fan of hers, at all.)

There are only a few people that I'd stay out with past midnight and they all live on the other side of the country. No, they aren't "internet buddies" (I know at least someone asked this in their head while reading). They're the silly fools I graduated high school with. I lived down south for about two years and even being a new student, I was still the "oddball" but I found my own group of oddballs to go out and do "stupid teenager things" with.

I am terrified of house spiders.

Any questions? Shoot.

Sometimes we have barbecue parties here...other times we have straight up parties...as a former photographer/political dissident, I feel safe here from DHS prying eyes. My ex-wife is not in my life-thank Hera! But if you need any safes to be cracked open or you hang around political dissidents, I know the ropes... welcome to AC!!!!

Oh yes. Haha, the other day I actually had a spider in my apartment and it was funny. I called it 'Se?or Spider' and was updating my friends on it. My ceilings are very high and I'm vertically challenged so I couldn't just reach up and squish it. I left my apartment for a few days (not because of the spider, I swear) and when I came back the little prick was right where I could squish him. xD

Where did you learn to crack safes? I had a stint once with a German professional, and that was quite an interesting experience!

Sometimes we have barbecue parties here...other times we have straight up parties...as a former photographer/political dissident, I feel safe here from DHS prying eyes. My ex-wife is not in my life-thank Hera! But if you need any safes to be cracked open or you hang around political dissidents, I know the ropes... welcome to AC!!!!

I could tolerate a big spider like a tarantula, provided it was being kept as a pet by someone and was 'well-behaved', for lack of a better term.
Spiders fascinate me as some other animals do, but I cannot handle having house spiders in my apartment.

Hi Ali, I didn't mean to not welcome you earlier!

You're around the same age I was, when I first started pondering diagnostics in relation to being so socially different.
It took me years and up until recently to finally learn enough about AS to realize I was undoubtedly on the spectrum, and that's when I signed up here.

I hope you have a great stay here and make some new friends, hopefully of the non-twerking kind :)

...I get bored on the internet!

About four years ago, I was seeing a therapist and she suggested I might have Asperger's. I had already heard of it before then, thanks to an article about it in Seventeen Magazine. And I did consider many times prior to her telling me, that I might have it, myself. Eventually I was formally diagnosed with Asperger's. I'm not going to put a whole pity-party story on here.

However, to avoid any future awkwardness, I'll be blunt when I say my father is not in my life (for good reasons) and my mother passed away around 4 years ago. I have one 16-year-old brother (who I don't get along with and lives with his adoptive mother) and I live by myself, now. I'm 21 years old and I would rather make my friends in a library or a coffee joint rather than some super-loud dance club where you have to scream over the latest remix of a Miley Cyrus song. (Not a fan of hers, at all.)

There are only a few people that I'd stay out with past midnight and they all live on the other side of the country. No, they aren't "internet buddies" (I know at least someone asked this in their head while reading). They're the silly fools I graduated high school with. I lived down south for about two years and even being a new student, I was still the "oddball" but I found my own group of oddballs to go out and do "stupid teenager things" with.

I am terrified of house spiders.

Any questions? Shoot.

Your username gives me the impression that you are a fan of Elder Scrolls video games or something else like that, such as Game of Thrones.

I went through a little stubborn denial phase for a while, I think. I've been reading over threads and such on here out of boredom and curiosity.

Hi Ali, I didn't mean to not welcome you earlier!

You're around the same age I was, when I first started pondering diagnostics in relation to being so socially different.
It took me years and up until recently to finally learn enough about AS to realize I was undoubtedly on the spectrum, and that's when I signed up here.

I hope you have a great stay here and make some new friends, hopefully of the non-twerking kind :)

I don't! I remember writing about the barbecue parties and then...aaaaaauuuggggggggg. I blacked out. Must of slumped over my keyboard, wine in hand and kept typing...but once I did work with a locksmith. I just worked in his warehouse. Wow he could drink at the end of the day. There's be a trash can filled with his empties. Cool! Sounds like you had a good time/experience with the German Pro. They have great beer.

Where did you learn to crack safes? I had a stint once with a German professional, and that was quite an interesting experience!

New Threads

Top Bottom