• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Visiting my mom at the hospital today, serious question for medical care workers

Manuheleku

V.I.P Member
This can be a very stressful time for most people, all I could think of was that it would be a great idea if they had a bar in hospitals for visitors. All I could think of is that I should bring a flask with a little bourbon next time.

Some people get pretty unreasonable when they drink, not everyone of course, but enough for it to be a safety issue.
Sorry your mom is in the hospital.

going to visit someone is usually not pleasant
given the circumstances it usually (except childbirth or life improving non critical care) isn't supposed to be
even worse than visiting someone in a hospital, is being the patient

so i guess if you visit them, you are doing it for their pleasure and not yours

so i guess you just kinda will have to tolerate the discomfort if you decide to go

no way will they let people drink alcohol in a hospital

Hospitals are not pleasant environments. It's one of those things that you've just got to get through. Take earplugs or some music to listen to if you have to wait for any reason, sunglasses if you need them, and keep the visits brief if you are getting overstimulated.

But that only serves drinkers. What about everyone else that needs to relax? Why not allow smoking again and maybe add opium dens in the basement. Oh and allow sale of opiods over the counter at hospital pharmacies while your at it.

How about these instead of a bar? :p
whisky-vending-machine.jpg
beer.jpg

Good idea, like in the airport, put in a smoking area.

But that only serves drinkers to relax? Why not allow smoking again and maybe add opium dens in the basement. Oh and allow sale of opiods over the counter at hospital pharmacies while your at it.

But that only serves drinkers. What about everyone else that needs to relax? Why not allow smoking again and maybe add opium dens in the basement. Oh and allow sale of opiods over the counter at hospital pharmacies while your at it.
In Nevada we could have a pot bar. We are planning on this for the tourists soon.

As soon as a visitor enters the hospital they should be offered a variety of IVs, opiate with saline, canabis with glucose, nicotine with alcohol, seratonin with amphetamines.....
Opiate IV STAT!!!
Visitors can control their own drip rate.
Heck, I’d visit people I don’t even know....maybe the OP is onto something here!

As long as it’s secure, hidden and you’re under control it won’t be an issue. If you look like you’re drunk, then that’s a different story; they will definitely watch over you and might ask you to leave. So what if you drink and have alcohol in your breath. Everyone has the right to visit people, drunk or not, but will have to act appropriately.

Tic Tacs and/or gum too.
Not that I’m condoning it but sometimes life is just too hard without a little help. Very little, OK?

Vodka my friend. They say that people can't smell it on you, which is a load of BS, because I can smell any form of alcohol on anyone. But maybe that's true for NT's.

The hospital I go to has a cafeteria which sells beer... and there are plenty of places nearby which sell alcohol... but drinking alcohol around people undergoing chemotherapy is a really bad idea because the chemo makes you super-sensitive to smells and you'd probably make them throw up.

Not sure this would be a good idea. Drinking leads to poor decisions sometimes and when faced with sickness of a famiy member- not sure is this is a good idea.

New Threads

Top Bottom