• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video games you're playing?

Gears of war 4, couch coop with my wife.

Bonding time, chainsawing aliens.

Can't wait for my kids to be old enough to play proper games, and get LAN party fps.

I'll get my own back then. No mercy!

@xudo and I are all about Halo split-screen co-op, except Halo 5 because why wouldn't 343 Industries remove a core feature of the series?

I'm at a convention, so some different stuff today.

Spent a good chunk of time rampaging through the leaderboards of Gyruss and Robotron in the arcade room. I'm relatively certain I screwed up some sort of high score competition by taking every slot on the list with Gyruss. Though I knew that would happen. That machine keeps showing up at these, and every time, I set a high score and it never gets beaten. I've played games like these way too much.

....And then there's Star Fox. The original. Holy crapsticks that has NOT aged well. It's aged really badly. Yeah, it was nice back in the day, but nowadays it's borderline unplayable. I mean, it runs at like, almost half a frame per minute maybe. And the controls really arent very good. In some areas it's hard to even tell what's going on. The N64 one was so much better. And then the series simply ended there. What's that? There were more games? No, you all just hallucinated those. They dont exist.

Lastly, some laptop gaming. Today, Enter the Gungeon (also found on PS4). It's like Isaac, except you die alot more. It's fun, but it has it's moments where the RNG is just a real turdball. It'll make you hate keys. So much. And that shopkeeper, I've never wanted to kill a shopkeeper in a roguelike as much as that guy. But you cant do it, not in this game.

Also cosplaying as Chara from Undertale the whole time all of this is happening. Somehow, it just adds to it.

Currently playing Injustice 2, peppered with my New Game+ playthrough of Persona 5. Harley Quinn is my freaking spirit animal.

Also, and I've said this in a past post, but Persona 5 actually has one of my favorite portrayals in popular media of someone on the spectrum: Futaba Sakura.

Also, and I've said this in a past post, but Persona 5 actually has one of my favorite portrayals in popular media of someone on the spectrum: Futaba Sakura.

I havent even played the game and I know of this character.

Someone I know repeatedly insists that "this is basically you, pretty much exactly". I have not quite gained an understanding as to why, but he wont shut up about it. Well okay he explained why, but I declared him to be crazier than a box of cats.

Anybody play the Metroid Prime games? I've been playing them for a few weeks now and am enjoying them immensely. I'm half way through the second one now. They definitely seem well suited for some of my ASD tendencies. I probably spend too much time just going back to my ship and systematically revisiting all of the paths I've been on to look for things I've missed.

Beat Dark Souls 3 yesterday! Time for New Game+, get to go through all the frustration again! Or not...

Difficult, but not impossible. I missed a lot of items and areas on my first run, playing on a higher difficulty now might make things a bit harder now but at least I'm getting a feel for how things work in this game. I'm not great at it (still), but better than when I first started out!

Beat Dark Souls 3 yesterday! Time for New Game+, get to go through all the frustration again! Or not...

Difficult, but not impossible. I missed a lot of items and areas on my first run, playing on a higher difficulty now might make things a bit harder now but at least I'm getting a feel for how things work in this game. I'm not great at it (still), but better than when I first started out!

To be fair, you can't be too bad at it if you finished it. I've never played a Dark Souls game as the difficulty has always put me off.

To be fair, you can't be too bad at it if you finished it. I've never played a Dark Souls game as the difficulty has always put me off.

Thanks! I was hesitant to even try it as I knew beforehand that it was going to be a challenge. Not to mention, all the fans who insist that you play the previous titles for whatever silly reason. But...a challenge is exactly what I needed, especially after getting bored silly with the rest of my library. MGS 5: The Phantom Pain came close if we're talking in terms of difficulty, but that was manageable also (even more so near the end of the game).

When it comes to games like Dark Souls, I really don't blame anyone for not wanting to give it a go and I'm certainly not going to pass judgment. After all, the point is to kill some time and have some fun isn't it?

More Isaac.

2KHb0Rp.jpg

That happened. Nobody ever takes that shovel. But after a bit of experimentation, I now see what it's good for. Getting to black markets, that's what. Shovel + anything that can generate batteries (or sacks, which often have batteries in them) pretty much guarantees that you'll be hitting a black market soon. Normally these rooms are extremely rare. But not with this item! I'm expecting to see at least one more of these before the run is done. As if I dont already get enough crawlspaces as it is (usually very rare for most players, but not with my playstyle, they happen often for me, as does the error room).

It's good to experiment in this rather than just stick to the blasted meta.

And the more I do stuff like this, the more I can appreciate the game as a whole. The sheer amount of depth that Isaac has is absolutely ridiculous. Far as I'm concerned, it's one of the greatest games ever made. It's no wonder that many Youtubers have built their entire channels (often massive ones) around this game as the channel's core.

I've been playing Injustice 2 on Xbox this week.

However, is it just that I suck at the game or is The Flash one of the weakest characters in the game?

Still playing Lego City Undercover. I completed the story a while ago but because I hate myself, I'm attempting to 100% it. 37 hours so far :D

More Isaac. I just realized I've just now hit 400 hours in the PC version of Rebirth. Which isnt the only version I have. Well, that's Steam's count, anyway... it doesnt count offline hours.

Also, Enviro-Bear 2010. Nobody will have a bloody clue as to what that is. But I can definitely say it's the only bear-driving-a-car simulator I'll ever need.

Oh, and Caveblazers. It's like a better Spelunky. I am very impressed by it.

And lastly, 20XX. This game is nearly finished finally. It's taken ages, but it's sooooo good.

I gave up on 100% on Lego City Undercover. It was just too overwhelming, partly because you had to also do all of the vehicle challenges (racing and the like) and anyone who's ever played a Lego game knows how bad the driving mechanics are. I got to 64ish% and got the last few easy achievements.

I did start Stacking, which is a 360 game originally on XBL store, I think as part on their Indie games. I'd always wanted it on 360, but it was ridiculously expensive for what it was. Thankfully, it was part of the recent sale and I only paid £2.49. You play as matryoshka (Russian stacking dolls) and you can stack into any doll larger than you. I did also get a free trial of Xbox Game Pass, and tried a couple of things.

I finally got my hands on Final Fantasy XV. It's nothing how I expected it to be. There's so much driving and... camping. Ugh, the camping. But it's fun in an unexpected sort of way. :rolleyes:

Persona 5 when I have the time, Mass Effect Andromeda to play multiplayer with hubby and The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker to unwind (and when I'm too lazy to setup the console).

Gwent and Star Ocean 3 are what I'm playing these days.

Gwent is still in open beta but is pretty fun! I hope it gets an arena/drafting mode one day.

I thought I would finally make the effort and continue with Bioshock. Yes, I was very late to the series. I originally started playing it last year on the 360, then sold the 360 and got the remastered collection on Xbox One a while ago. I'm enjoying it again, and realise I shouldn't have left it this long.

I played Injustice 2 on Xbox One last week, thought I'd have a stab at an online bout to see if I could get the achievements for winning at least 1 3 round fight, I did get an achievement, for ducking 10 times, but I got slaughtered in the actual fight.

New Threads

Top Bottom