• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video games you're playing?

Yeah, Greedier Mode is selectable when you start a new run, just like how you'd choose from Normal/Hard there on the right side of the screen.

And.... it has it's own set of unlocks, too. Every character has an item they can unlock by defeating the boss, "Ultra Greedier". Which is basically Ultra Greed, with an additional, extra-horrible second form. Because apparently he needed one. There's some interesting items to unlock there. Some good ones, a couple of seemingly awful ones. The game's most nonsensical item, Plan C, is unlocked by beating that mode with Samson. I dont understand the point of that item (nobody does). It shows up in more item pools than anything else in the game. It's a one use item, and when used it kills every enemy in the room no matter what (even things like Hush or Delerium will go down instantly)..... and then it kills you three seconds later.

Balls to Ultra Greedier! Ultra Greed is enough of a damage sponge as it is. :laughing:

Balls to Ultra Greedier! Ultra Greed is enough of a damage sponge as it is. :laughing:

It's even worse than it sounds like.

I did a run of it just now. That mode... I know WHY they made that mode. It's because normal Greed mode is too easy, so Edmund basically went "okay" and instead of making a harder mode, made one that's basically like walking into a wall of chainsaws and giant bees.

The difficulty is outright ridiculous. That's not something that I say lightly. Most players will never even reach the final fight or get anywhere near it without getting REALLY lucky with items (many players report needing a few HUNDRED runs to get anywhere, and that's WITHOUT playing as The Lost or Keeper). It's utterly brutal from the very first floor onward. It drowns you in monsters and bullets, does things like spawn Stone Fatties (in Greed mode, since it's wave based, once they are there, they dont go away unless you kill EVERYTHING in the room before the next wave gets there), or things like having a wave that consists of two versions of The Stain (you know, the one that fires 10 squillion bullets) amongst a bunch of bouncing skulls. Oh, and you get less money overall. Because, you know, all that other stuff isnt enough.

And then there's Ultra Greed himself. His normal form is more berserk and aggressive than usual. His new golden form is... yeah, even on a lucky run, you can die so easily there. He has a bit less HP than his first form (but still a ton, and both phases total means he's as tanky as Hush), the doors can fire golden deathrays, and EVERYTHING HE DOES EXPLODES. All of his projectiles explode, summoned coins explode (and he does that like every 4 seconds, and has no wind-up time for it), and he's got this awful leaping attack, where the entire time he's in the air, special exploding coins... not the bomb coins, these fall and explode the instant they hit the ground and are WAY more numerous... fall rapidly. And then he lands and throws out shockwaves. Which explode, because of course they do. It can be hard to tell what's going on.

I'm rather convinced that only Lilith and Azazel are genuinely valid for this mode. The others? They cant deal enough damage. Lilith gets by due to her ability to multiply her damage without needing to find items, and Azazel... is Azazel. Though, I imagine Azazel probably has a few issues during that final fight, because getting that close to Ultra Greed is suicidal. Everyone else needs to get lucky with items to have enough power to even reach that final floor.... even Lilith and Azazel still need at least something of a good power boost. Enemies just come too fast and too numerous, and Ultra Greed is a war of attrition... if you dont have enough attack power, you're probably screwed. I did it with Lilith just now, and I DIDNT get lucky with items (It kept doing things like selling Mom's Stupid Range Items in the shop, or giving me weird stuff like Marked in the item rooms). I won, but it was stupidly hard.

This mode though, I cant even imagine doing this with The Lost or Keeper. Well, no... Keeper could do it if he has one of his "endless pennies" combos, which arent THAT hard to get with him. But still, it'd be absurd. That sorta thing honestly is why I just downloaded a completed save file for the game; I did the unlocks until I hit a point where they became untolerable, and then I just said screw it. I aint playing the game for the unlock system anyway, I'm playing it because it's freaking fantastic. I've never understood why so many people take a game like this, and ONLY play it until they've got all of the achievements, even the seriously pointless ones, and then they just never touch it again. Whatever happened to playing a good game because it's a good game?

Currently playing Dark Souls 3...or trying to. I appreciate a challenge, don't get it mistaken, but boy did I underestimate this game. People were NOT joking when they said it would be difficult. Bloodborne is in the same category of frustrating (same developer), but since I'm playing on PC and not a PS4 I have to settle for the Dark Souls trilogy. Anywhoo...

The beginning stretch (the part where you rise from your grave) was OK, it helps newcomers in getting their feet wet and learning the basics. Understandable. But as soon as I got to the first giant crystal lizard...yeah, over and over again, had to learn his moveset just to stand a chance, not quick enough, tried this but it didn't work, OMG WTF I dodged that...the next stretch after the first bonfire was, again, not too bad, but soon as I got to Iudex Gundyr I began having doubts. I have a feeling it's going to keep pushing me away, bringing me back, giving me a huge fat middle finger only to say, "I'm sorry" and have me coming back again with arms wide open. Maybe, but there's my first impression.

I'm currently experimenting with the starting classes right now, still learning the ins and outs of everything. Going from Skyrim to this is quite literally night and day, makes it look like child's play...looks like I'll have to unlearn a LOT of what I'm used to in order to adapt and stand a chance at beating it. Patience and strategy are called for and from the hour I've given it this game demands both in high quantities, so it's going to take some time.

On a lesser and unrelated note, I'm surprised this thread is still going, as lethargic as it may be. I was expecting more people to post here ever since those 6 or 7 years have passed...hmm, guess not everyone on AC does gaming. That's not meant to be offensive, by the way, just an observation...I think I'm going to be calling it quits soon depending on the circumstances. Or not. We will see.

Last edited:
Currently playing Dark Souls 3...or trying to. I appreciate a challenge, don't get it mistaken, but boy did I underestimate this game. People were NOT joking when they said it would be difficult. Bloodborne is in the same category of frustrating (same developer), but since I'm playing on PC and not a PS4 I have to settle for the Dark Souls trilogy. Anywhoo...

The beginning stretch (the part where you rise from your grave) was OK, it helps newcomers in getting their feet wet and learning the basics. Understandable. But as soon as I got to the first giant crystal lizard...yeah, over and over again, had to learn his moveset just to stand a chance, not quick enough, tried this but it didn't work, WTF I dodged that...the next stretch after the first bonfire was, again, not too bad, but soon as I got to Iudex Gundyr I began having doubts. I have a feeling it's going to keep pushing me away, bringing me back, giving me a huge middle finger only to say, "I'm sorry" and have me coming back again with arms wide open.

I'm currently experimenting with the starting classes right now, still learning the ins and outs of everything. Going from Skyrim to this is quite literally night and day, makes it look like child's play...looks like I'll have to unlearn a LOT of what I'm used to in order to adapt and stand a chance at beating it.

On a lesser and unrelated note, I'm surprised this thread is still going, as lethargic as it may be. I was expecting more people to post here ever since those 6 or 7 years have passed...hmm, guess not everyone on AC does gaming. That's not meant to be offensive, by the way, just an observation...I think I'm going to be calling it quits soon depending on the circumstances. Or not. We will see.

One reason why so few people post about gaming here is because, for whatever baffling reason, there is no gaming related section on the forum. TV, movies, computers.... no gaming section, despite how prominent gaming has become.

So, alot of people arent even going to be aware that there is any gaming discussion going on. It's pretty annoying really. On top of that, many that do discuss gaming dont really see the point in a topic where people just list what they're playing. This topic has become more than just that, but the title of it still says otherwise.

One reason why so few people post about gaming here is because, for whatever baffling reason, there is no gaming related section on the forum. TV, movies, computers.... no gaming section, despite how prominent gaming has become.

So, alot of people arent even going to be aware that there is any gaming discussion going on. It's pretty annoying really. On top of that, many that do discuss gaming dont really see the point in a topic where people just list what they're playing. This topic has become more than just that, but the title of it still says otherwise.
Site Questions, Suggestions & Feedback

@Misery I just faced off against Delerium for the first time. Having no idea what to expect I was kind of caught off guard and managed to get him down to around 50% health before dying. That thing is even more of a damage sponge than Hush or Ultra Greed; I had a hell of a good run and was pretty damn powerful and he still battered me. Also, I was kind of disappointed that the Bible had no effect on him. :tongueout:

Randomly decided to have a go at the original Isaac, for a bit of nostalgic fun.

Realized I'd never actually tried out the Eternal Edition content.

....This mostly consisted of dying alot. Didnt even make it to Mom. Sooooooo much harder. And "Eternal" versions of any enemy tend to be just brutal. Like those stupid mask + heart things... they're bad enough normally. But the eternal version has the mask be a bit faster, it sprays bullets all over when it charges at you, it can teleport because why not, and the heart constantly jumps up and down and sprays bullets in 8 directions. Also bullets are really fast. And the thing has loads of HP.

And then there's the bosses. Ran into the eternal version of the Carrion Queen, which was damn near unstoppable. Even freaking Wrath got nasty, charging at me like a maniac and dropping like 7 bombs at a time which then fly all over the place.

And of course the game's entire balance is different... hardly any soul hearts anywhere, for instance. Among other things. Enemies and such tended to be faster, too.

Just... wow. I didnt expect the difficulty there. It's a shame that the content in this version never made it into Rebirth... an alternate "even harder" mode with the eternal version's content would be pretty awesome. I'd love to see someone add it with a mod.

But also it was just interesting to go back to the original. The graphical style is sooooo different... I kinda miss it, really. It has a certain unique feel to it that Rebirth never quite captured. Same with the music, there's not really anything else quite like it. The theme that plays during the Basement levels is one of my favorite tracks of any game, and is the one that I consider to be iconic to Isaac as a whole. Rebirth's music is just nowhere near as good... I'm glad that a mod was made to stick the original's music into it.

...It also has bad performance due to being made in Flash. So there's that.

I just started playing Undertale. I love the vibe but I suck at the combat/conversation mechanics. Timed challenges, my only weakness!

Timed challenges, my only weakness!

I'm abysmal at timed sections in games. I get worked up knowing I only have so long to do something, and then end up getting so stressed that I mess it up. I'm usually not great with QTE's either.

I started playing Force Unleashed 2 a few days ago, as it was free with Gold. I had started the first one (free a while ago) but it had a lot of issues so I gave up. The second one did have a few of the same problems, but overall was a much better game. I couldn't put it down, and ended up blazing through it. I should go back really as there's a few easy achievements I could get.

Randomly decided to have a go at the original Isaac, for a bit of nostalgic fun.

....This mostly consisted of dying alot. Didnt even make it to Mom. Sooooooo much harder. And "Eternal" versions of any enemy tend to be just brutal. Like those stupid mask + heart things... they're bad enough normally. But the eternal version has the mask be a bit faster, it sprays bullets all over when it charges at you, it can teleport because why not, and the heart constantly jumps up and down and sprays bullets in 8 directions. Also bullets are really fast. And the thing has loads of HP.

And then there's the bosses. Ran into the eternal version of the Carrion Queen, which was damn near unstoppable. Even freaking Wrath got nasty, charging at me like a maniac and dropping like 7 bombs at a time which then fly all over the place.

And of course the game's entire balance is different... hardly any soul hearts anywhere, for instance. Among other things. Enemies and such tended to be faster, too.

Just... wow. I didnt expect the difficulty there. It's a shame that the content in this version never made it into Rebirth... an alternate "even harder" mode with the eternal version's content would be pretty awesome. I'd love to see someone add it with a mod.

But also it was just interesting to go back to the original. The graphical style is sooooo different... I kinda miss it, really. It has a certain unique feel to it that Rebirth never quite captured. Same with the music, there's not really anything else quite like it. The theme that plays during the Basement levels is one of my favorite tracks of any game, and is the one that I consider to be iconic to Isaac as a whole. Rebirth's music is just nowhere near as good... I'm glad that a mod was made to stick the original's music into it.

I'd be curious to play the original Flash version someday. Obviously the amount of content in Rebirth probably eclipses it - even without Afterbirth, Afterbirth+ and all the mods - but I'd like to see where it all started.

I'm abysmal at timed sections in games. I get worked up knowing I only have so long to do something, and then end up getting so stressed that I mess it up. I'm usually not great with QTE's either.

I started playing Force Unleashed 2 a few days ago, as it was free with Gold. I had started the first one (free a while ago) but it had a lot of issues so I gave up. The second one did have a few of the same problems, but overall was a much better game. I couldn't put it down, and ended up blazing through it. I should go back really as there's a few easy achievements I could get.
Haha, the eternal curse of the achievement hunter ;)

I'd be curious to play the original Flash version someday. Obviously the amount of content in Rebirth probably eclipses it - even without Afterbirth, Afterbirth+ and all the mods - but I'd like to see where it all started.

Oh yeah, the differences are huge. Rebirth added a gazillion new items/trinkets/whatever, and, well... so much more of everything. So much that it's almost more of a sequel, rather than just an upgrade. Piles of entirely new mechanics were added too. Like, the original game, every single room was just one screen in size, you didnt have any of the "big" rooms like you do in Rebirth. The original also didnt have trinkets at all, those were added in with the Wrath of the Lamb expansion (but there werent all that many). And of course the completely different UI.

Still, it was a fun game. Many good memories of it. Heck, I still remember the mini-update for Christmas that one year, which added nothing but Krampus and the 2 or so items that show up in his room, so he could then torment players for years to come.

I'm doing Divinity: Original Sin, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, and Dota 2 as a regular go to.

I just got Prey recently. It's pretty fun! Many people call it a Bioshock and Dead Space combination- and I agree!

Prey looks cool. I remember the old Prey years ago, that was a good game, but entirely unrelated I think.

Issac was a great game! Haven't done the expansion yet though. The game was hard enough on original mode.

More Isaac, because yes.

I'm bored, so... my screwy list of 10 favorite items in the game:

1. If playing as Lilith: Cursed Eye. It's sooooooo freaking good with her. It gets outright absurd if I buy BFFS from the shop. If playing as anyone else: Broken Modem. It's A: useful as heck and B: found in the shop, and C: hilarious.
2. Duality: I often want Angel Rooms, because aside from Breath of Stupid, the items in there are sooooo freaking good. This forces them to show up, yet the Devil Rooms are still there if I decide on that instead.
3. Eden's Soul: It's like a superior version of Mystery Gift. Really, really powerful, though it's far less good once you hit the Womb. But still amazing. That initial charge though...
4. Chaos: Item pool lunacy! The ability to find devil/angel items in the freaking shop or in curse rooms or whatever is amazing.
5. Curse of the Tower: I'm probably the only person to have this on a list of FAVORITES instead of a list of most hated items. After some experimenting, I've found that pretty much always, it'll blow the crap outta everything EXCEPT me. All I have to do is pay attention to the bomb positions. ....Or have the Polaroid with zero red hearts, or certain other items. This gets super good with the Scissors trinket. I pretty much always grab this thing.
6. Analog Stick: The game as a whole is balanced around the fact that you can only fire in four directions. So when you suddenly have full 360 degree aiming, well.... yeah. Things get stomped. It can make many enemy and boss types soooooo much less of a threat.
7. Dog Tooth: Anything that makes it easier to get Crawl Spaces to appear is something I want (and I tend to find them often since I go for items like this so much, which makes for lots of free stuff). This does that, finds secret rooms, and gives a damage and speed boost because why not.
8. Black Candle: SCREW THE FREAKING CURSES. NO MORE!!!
9. Compost: Spider army! So many! It can be almost as powerful as Guppy's effect, except without requiring three really awful items to produce it.
10. Night Light: Strange choice, eh? I like defensive items, and this can actually be really great... if you can master it's use. It's very hard to do that. But if you do (and I have), it can be great. Since it requires skill to use it's also satisfying. Since it shows up in the shop pool, it's really easy to get. The Censer is a better version of the effect, but is dramatically harder to get as it's in the angel room.

A runner up is Mama Mega, because it blows up the universe.

More Isaac today.

Second booster pack update came out. They did a fantastic job with this one once again. 6 new items, all of which are really good (and 3 are in the shop, so they'll appear fairly often). Particularly Moving Box, which is one of the most interesting/unique items in the game... lots of potential uses.

Also, they FINALLY made the angel rooms good. Great, actually. Edmund said he was going to fix them up, and he certainly did so. Definitely pleased with this, as the meta of "always do devil deals" has gotten very stale at this point. But now, angel-focused runs can be every bit as strong. Did one just now, it got pretty crazy. Also the new trinket that was added makes these even better. Very pleased with this part of the update.

And then some other nice things too. I cant wait to see what booster #3 is like. If it's even close to as good as the first two, it'll be a very good update. These updates need to hit the non-PC versions of the game sometime this century.

Still want them to put Mei in one of these. Just do it, Edmund!

Gears of war 4, couch coop with my wife.

Bonding time, chainsawing aliens.

Can't wait for my kids to be old enough to play proper games, and get LAN party fps.

I'll get my own back then. No mercy!

I bought myself Lego City Undercover today. I completed it on the Wii U, but it was easily good enough for me to play through again, plus this time as I got it on Xbone, I can also get achievements. I love this sort of game, because there's loads of stuff to collect. @VenomousAlbino isn't usually a fan of achievements where you have to search for and collect lots of things, but I'm in my element :p:D I also got Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams Director's cut, as it was free with Gold. I've played it before on the 360 and enjoyed it.

I installed Paladins on my PS4 today and played one match after the basic tutorial. I didn't hate it but I don't understand it at all. It was my first game and I got best in my class at the end so I guess I did OK, but I couldn't tell you my score during or after the game. From that single game I unlocked a few chests and won cards but I don't know if any of them are activated or how to apply them.

I think there was an online mode for learners but I ignored it for the standard mode, maybe that's where I went wrong.

I've seen the game thrown around with the likes of Overwatch and Battleborn but didn't play them because I was put off by the cartoon look and special abilites, but this honestly wasn't bad. If I watch some videos and play some more so that I understand it, I could see myself enjoying it. And the game's free, which is a bonus.

I installed Paladins on my PS4 today and played one match after the basic tutorial. I didn't hate it but I don't understand it at all. It was my first game and I got best in my class at the end so I guess I did OK, but I couldn't tell you my score during or after the game. From that single game I unlocked a few chests and won cards but I don't know if any of them are activated or how to apply them.

I think there was an online mode for learners but I ignored it for the standard mode, maybe that's where I went wrong.

I've seen the game thrown around with the likes of Overwatch and Battleborn but didn't play them because I was put off by the cartoon look and special abilites, but this honestly wasn't bad. If I watch some videos and play some more so that I understand it, I could see myself enjoying it. And the game's free, which is a bonus.

Yeah, from what I can gather Overwatch and Paladins share a lot of similarities. Being a massive fan of Overwatch I might give Paladins a go at some point.

New Threads

Top Bottom