• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video games you're playing?

Just downloaded Crossing Souls and Party Hard on my Switch.

Looks like it's going to be fun. I like 80s things, Stranger Things started me off on that!

Played Story mode on Mortal Kombat 10 on Xbox yesterday, and got a 10 point achievement for completing 50% of the story.

Factorio.jpg

Factorio.

Holy porkbutts. This isnt a mere game. No sir. This is a full-on addiction waiting to happen. I havent encountered something on this level since Minecraft first released. Dwarf Fortress also counts.

If you havent seen/played this, the goal of the game is to escape this planet by building a rocket and launching a satellite to call for help. But a rocket isnt something you can just craft. Factorio is about automation, building entire factories and production lines. BIG factories. The one in the screenshot is "small". Early-game stuff here. Yet it's already a hideous tangle of assemblers, conveyor belts, smelters, mining arrays... and so on. In this playthrough, I've recently researched the stuff necessary to create trains and related things (well, SOME related things). The map is utterly enormous, and it's not exactly practical to line up ridiculously long conveyors that could develop screwy problems. Dont have time to be fixing up a mile-long conveyor every time something breaks a tiny section of it. I've also hit the point finally where angry alien creatures are starting their assaults. Weak things now but eventually they'll be huge and extremely numerous. I have turrets, and got mass ammo production started, but I havent set up automatic refilling of that ammo for the turrets. And they're only the most basic turrets anyway. My next goal is to get an oil refinery going, which is quite the process. Have to do that in an area far south of the main factory. Time to branch out, should get interesting.

Really though... what a game. It's the 2nd highest rated game on Steam, with only Portal 2 outclassing it. That is one hell of an incredible achievement. After alot of time with it I can see why it got there.

The Resident Evil 2 remake is a good game, but it's not the remake that a lot of fans dreamed of having after the very long wait we got.

Think back to when they made the first remake on the GameCube. Nothing was altered from the original game. They just added in some new locations and made it look way better. But with this remake of 2, they didn't promote it as a remake. In fact, the official site calls it a reimagined experience. So it's a new game inspired by RE2.

Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town. The gray bunnies and alpine goats are so cute.

I'm really into retro stuff, the stuff I grew up playing. Examples include:

Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3
Super Mario World 1 and 2 (Yoshi's Island)
Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Tetris
Dr. Mario
Faxanadu
Dragon Warrior
Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2
Columns
Yoshi's Cookie
Adventures of Lolo

Fun! I spent countless hours playing Quake 2 over LAN with my best friend. Good times.

My introduction to Quake was at college. They had the demo on many PC's. The LAN games won me no friends because I would hide somewhere and open fire when they were not expecting it! I did later buy Quake 2... recently had to re-buy it because my disc had died. There's just something about the original that I keep going back to.

Lust from Beyond on Steam, which is a very Ao rated horror game. It is giving me some very strong Clive Barker vibes, actually.

New Threads

Top Bottom