• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Valentine’s Day speed dating event in my area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick update: The event hasn’t been cancelled but rescheduled to the 5th of March because of bad weather forecasts. It’s disappointing that I will have to wait a little longer but I suppose it gives me more time to prepare for it.

I plan on wearing this as my shirt for the event but I am open to hearing what others think.

790E8C3B-2E1A-4AB3-8AEA-BF05ECB235D2.jpeg

I think that shirt is a good choice for the event!

Thank you! I will keep the shirt clean until then.

The host of the event updated me on it:

Each Date is eight minutes long. So far it’s 6 couples but a lot of people that are considering and have not officially rsvp'd yet. The event will still be at Main Street hall Yes And if you arrive at five there’s a 30 minute “cocktail hour” To mingle and snack on appetizers as well as after the event we’ll Provide music and a cash bar. No there is plenty other time to mingle and socialize. We do require masks to be worn at all times if you are not eating or drinking.

Another update:

Hey everyone!
If you are receiving this it is because you have RSVP’ed to our “Meet your Match” Speed Dating event on 03/05/2021!
The evening will begin with Downtown Temple‘s “First Friday” activities at 5pm. Expect to enjoy discounts & specials at all of the walkable restaurants, wineries, and local shops! There will also be local vendors and artists showcasing their authentic art while you stroll the downtown enjoying the spring-like weather!
At 8pm we will begin the “Meet your March” Speed Dating Event. All participants must pre-pay prior to 5pm 03/03/2021 to reserve their seat! Hurry and reserve today!
Speed dating tickets are $25 at the door but you can pay $20 if you pay ahead with one of the following options.
Payments made by the following have NO Fee:
1) QuickPay/Zelle: [email protected]
2) Cash Payments (text me to arrange)
254-721-5809
Payments with a 3% third party processing fee:
1) Credit Card payments
2) Venmo: @Moon-Pacific
3) PayPal: [email protected])
Currently we do not accept CashApp or ApplePay.

Shirt looks good and so do you!
If you were going to an lgbt event, I'd suggest adding an accessory like a necklace or something to accentuate the solid color.

It got postponed yet again. :(

The email I got:

Hello, everyone!
Thank you for reserving your spot at the Meet Your Match speed dating event at Main Street Hall!
This event is being postponed until the first week of April. (exact date available..? bold/underline this statement so it stands out).
We are so excited to see everyone, but we want to take this time to collect a few more RSVPs in order to ensure the best matchmaking experience possible. If you have any single friends who may be interested in this event, please forward this message along!
We dearly apologize for the inconvenience and the late notice. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to message me. We will be sure to keep you updated!
Thank you so much!
Sarah Hill
Honey Weddings & Events

No surprise it got postponed again. I been through the same things with events they either have the same people show up with mostly couples or they keep postponing the event for some dumb reason until after the third time it's canceled for good.

Best of luck but I totally understand.

Postponed yet again...:

Hello Mark yes I did my apologies on the late response. Wedding season is here and I’ve been all over the place, forgive me.
But unfortunately we will not be rescheduling for a while perhaps in the summer. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, I will email you as soon as we get the new date and will give as much notice as possible.
Thank you so much checking in

Can this topic please die? This event was supposed to happen back in 2021 and it never did. There’s nothing that can be done about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom