• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Valentine’s Day speed dating event in my area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
My friend sent me an ad for a Valentine’s Day speed dating event in my area. I hope maybe my luck will finally be turning around because of this. It’s also the only real shot I have at getting a date in the current status quo.

That's a fun idea, have you been to a speed dating event before?

I actually have. It was in Austin at a lounge club. I remember my jaw hurting from all the talking but it was better than dating sites because you at least talked to people in person rather than binge messaging and hoping for the best. The fact I lived in Temple while most of the people who were there lived in Austin may have considered my location a deal breaker, though. This one will be in my city so maybe my chances will be better?

I can at least say I am making an effort. I don’t plan on using dating apps anymore because they are just unfair to both sexes. Men have to binge message in hopes of getting a single reply while I’ve had women tell me they get swamped by messages from men. Men have also expressed they hate how there are so many single mothers on those sites/apps while women have expressed they hate the number of creepy men on them.

Last edited:
Sounds like you know what to expect and have an interesting opportunity to meet women who are wanting to date. I guess they'll socially distance it just using tables etc? Have you got to wear masks? Could be tricky to know what everyone looks like if so. It sounds like infection rates are low in your area, as you went to another event too, it's still lockdown here.

Sounds like you know what to expect and have an interesting opportunity to meet women who are wanting to date. I guess they'll socially distance it just using tables etc? Have you got to wear masks? Could be tricky to know what everyone looks like if so. It sounds like infection rates are low in your area, as you went to another event too, it's still lockdown here.

I am pretty sure they will use tables since the one in Austin used tables the two times I tried it which was years before the pandemic. I am also pretty sure masks will be required as they were required at the coffee house I went to for the book club event. The infection rates are lower in my area than in the big cities but they occasionally spike and our governor doesn’t allow most businesses all over the state to have above 50% customer capacity. We had to go through a stay at home order back in April and after a few months, businesses were allowed 25% customer capacity.

Sounds like you'll be as safe as possible, it should be an interesting and fun event.

I hope things go well for ya!

I wanna try getting into the dating/hookup scene when I turn 18 via Grindr.

Have you prepped some questions to ask the women you meet? Being asked interesting questions and really listened to when they reply would probably endear you to them, I think a lot of women feel as if they have to listen a lot to guys, and nod along, it's pretty nice for them to find someone who properly listens, and asks more about what they have said.

Have you prepped some questions to ask the women you meet? Being asked interesting questions and really listened to when they reply would probably endear you to them, I think a lot of women feel as if they have to listen a lot to guys, and nod along, it's pretty nice for them to find someone who properly listens, and asks more about what they have said.

Oh, good idea! I was wondering how to psychologically prepare myself for this. I did have some in mind but I am open to suggestions.

Those sound good. I was thinking of similar ideas, like: What does she like to do in her spare time? What does she enjoy/what makes her happy? Plus a follow up question based on her answer, if possible also saying how you relate to what she has said she enjoys, but if you hate it you may want to plead the fifth...

Then, maybe, what does she hope for in her life, what inspires her, something along those lines? Or, when she was growing up, how did she want her life to be, what were her dreams? Also prepare brief answers of your own to these questions, so that you can share your dreams of the future, for example, but not ramble on and miss the chance to hear more about her.

Is there something she hates or can't stand, and why? Have a funny example to give about yourself on that one.

What would her friends say is her best talent? Does she agree with them?

Those sound good. I was thinking of similar ideas, like: What does she like to do in her spare time? What does she enjoy/what makes her happy? Plus a follow up question based on her answer, if possible also saying how you relate to what she has said she enjoys, but if you hate it you may want to plead the fifth...

Then, maybe, what does she hope for in her life, what inspires her, something along those lines? Or, when she was growing up, how did she want her life to be, what were her dreams? Also prepare brief answers of your own to these questions, so that you can share your dreams of the future, for example, but not ramble on and miss the chance to hear more about her.

Is there something she hates or can't stand, and why? Have a funny example to give about yourself on that one.

What would her friends say is her best talent? Does she agree with them?

Thank you. I have been told it’s good to make the other person felt heard as well as feel like their life matters. I can definitely understand that. I’ve also been told that if you can make a woman laugh, you are “halfway there” and 90% of hopeful success is showing up.

You seem like a decent guy with several interests. Maybe you could ask them if they are interested in any of the same things you are? Manga, science fiction books, the bands you listen to etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom