• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ugarnda knuckles did nothing wrong

The meme isn't racist itself?

Racism Accusations

"The Ugandan Knuckles character has been accused of promoting ethnic and racial stereotypes against Africans, though defenders of the meme have claimed the character is merely based on an appreciation for Who Killed Captain Alex? and Wakaliwood cinema. On January 20th, 2018, YouTuber Drift0r published a video titled "Is Ugandan Knuckles Racist?"

On January 24th, 2018, Kotaku published an article titled "Racist Jokes Keep Showing Up In Overwatch League Broadcasts," which referred to Ugandan Knuckles as "a meme that became racist for reasons that are excruciating to explain." The following day, a similar article titled "Racist Ugandan Knuckles Meme Spreads to Overwatch, Esports" was published by The Daily Dot."

Source: Ugandan Knuckles | Know Your Meme

https://68.media.tumblr.com/43d5b5ad0124e0d3052cd29be695bdd6/tumblr_inline_nef76quZVm1qb3qcf.jpg

This is the japanese mcdonalds special halloween burger. Which is black because Halloween, dark. Is it racist? No. Not even anywhere close.

Bob writes an article about how it is racist because of his flawed subjective interpretation. Millions see this article. A bunch of hyper sensitive people maybe 0.80% of those millions believe in bobs hypothesis. Where do these people go when they're offended? The internet. They yell loud enough and larger websites take on the story and convince more people.

Next thing you know mc donalds is being boycotted.

So how about now... is the burger a symbol for racism?
No it is not. Objectively it is not. It's just a bunch of fools that have been brain washed into thinking it is.

Lets say this actually happened. And your friends or strangers approached you explaining why the halloween burger is racist. Would you agree with them or disagree? Keep in mind, if you disagree you will be labeled a racist because they cannot think outside of the polar extremes and you may be attacked because they are hyper sensitive to the issue.

As silly as this example seems it's.... not far off the mark from what is considered racist these days.

Masks really are painful.

I thought it was darth vader or simply commentary on how hard it is to have to pretend to be something you are not by wearing a disguise.

I don't even know what it is and not taking the time to look it up.
I do know I wouldn't eat a black hamburger. :eek:

I didn't know what this is, either. Internet memes are hardly my field of speciality. When you make a topic, you should provide links and background information so that people will know what you are talking about, Don't assume that everybody will know. @Isadoorian kindly provided the background information here, but really this is your job - you started a topic with virtually no background information or explanation.

It's under the About header, along w/ where it came from under Origin @tree

I'm not saying the information wasn't there.
I'm saying it just didn't explain in it a way that made
sense to me, for some reason. The other article
seemed to be more like a story, to me.

New Threads

Top Bottom