• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

True or False

false ish. I do like, every now and again, to read comics in independently published zines. Or if they are part of a fandom that I am interested in. But most of the time I don't go out of my way to read them.

You wear shorts in winter.

false (at least not outside)

You prefer wearing as little clothing as possible (and can get away with)

false (though I prefer med-rare, medium in restaurants)

You like eating out at restaurants.

True. Very.

You don't mind pausing a movie in the middle and picking it up later.

False. When I have invested in suspension of disbelief, I want to see things through.

You enjoy cerebral SciFi.

True. I like my SF to be hard SF as well. Space operas are fine, but they are more action. Fantastic SF is ok too, but I really like to be able to believe it possible in the fiction.

You don't like to look at movie reviews (ratings are ok) until you've seen it.

True-ish. I dislike spoilers. But you know, it depends on the movie, and my faith in the director and actors to produce a quality film. Also, when my daughter was younger, I would go on common sense media (a review site for families), and get spoilers and reviews from parents and teens, to find out if the movie was age appropriate.

You wear flip flops all year long

True, all of the time. When ya gotta go...
You have dug a hole for pooping safely in nature

True, though I tire about 3/4 of the way through a full show.

You prefer old familiar music to new cutting-edge music

False, though I sometimes do for short times when my gums get sore, but I can't stand the feeling

You shower/bathe more than once a week.

True/False. I do macroinvertebrate sampling for a measure of stream quality, so that entails killing aquatic bugs then identifying them to family level. I do not relish killing these amazing creatures. Though I have been bitten by snipe flies so have little compunction about dropping their larvae into alcohol.

You have seen the aurora borealis.

False (unfortunately)

You enjoy playing the hokey-pokey (and turning yourself around) because that's what it's all about.

New Threads

Top Bottom