• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trolling: Am I weird for not getting it?

People troll because they are bored and want to see what reactions they get. If you ignore them, they go away. They will go find some other random person to troll. Trolling isn't to be confused with bullying because bullies till intentionally target their victim, for trolls, they just do it randomly and they don't specifically target anyone. If a troll does specifically target a person, then yes they are a bully.

Another form of trolling is just being argumentative. These people do not care about facts and different perspectives, they just wan to be right, and they argue just to argue (even if they agree with your viewpoint) and you can tell because they never move on and shut up and they will call anyone names who disagree with them, insult them, accuse them of anything like say they are doing kafka traps or call them instinctually dishonest or accuse them of doing any personal attacks, and keep it going till they wear you down. Why do these people do it, maybe they don't get there are different perspectives, they don't realize they are coming off as a troll because of their own autism, or because they are just bored and they do not care. These people I avoid.

Have I trolled, yeah when some people have pissed me off because some people have effed up views and have ****** opinions. Now they are not worth my time. Or I am a troll because I have called out racism and other toxic behaviors and they didn't like that so I am a troll under their eyes. I have posted opinions they did not agree with so they thought I was doing it to piss them off. Or I am a troll because I see things differently and think different and they don't understand what I am saying.

To clarify, I have trolled in the past. Well, if you count saying things to friends to get a reaction out of them. But when I did that, there were two key differences between me and the trolls I'm talking about. First, they're my friends and I know they won't take me seriously when my sarcasm comes out, and second, if things start going south, I'm always prepared to back out and let them know I was just messing around. I would never say something serious in public or in a large group to toy with people's deep emotions or to start a riot as it were. If I did, I would feel bad if someone took it too seriously, and I could easily say something which would deeply offend or otherwise hurt them. I can't take that chance in good conscience.

I wouldn't consider this trolling but others might because they would not know your intentions. People who are snarky or sarcastic and have sense of humor may be seen as a troll because their humor is not understood, this has been the case with me.

An easy way of spotting the troll is if they saying something absurd or stupid. Instead of getting into an argument with them, move on and say nothing. Plus they also will have a poor reading comprehension. This is deliberate because they are trying to get a reaction out of you and they just want to argue. Plus a troll will say ****ed up things like "hey I had just beaten my 12 year old son for getting a bad grade, am I the asshole here" because first of all, an abuser would not be going online admitting to it and ask a bunch of random internet strangers for their opinion. This is more likely someone who is bored so they decided to write some fiction and see what reactions they get.

I have an online friend who will sometimes troll me. I get angry about it. I don't buy he is an idiot because he has a degree in engineering. Online it can be hard to tell if you are dealing with an idiot or a troll but either way you can't educate stupid so why even waste your time with them? Rather they are a troll or just an idiot is irrelevant. Trolls want attention and you can't fix stupid so you are wasting your time with them either way. If someone really wanted to be educated, they would go seek it themselves and do research and read up on it.

Trolls feel powerful when they violate boundaries. I think they think it's rebellious.

New Threads

Top Bottom