• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

travel are there many aspies with this interest

dont! hitchhike anywhere !you'd just been born when Ivan Milat was convicted of the backpacker murders in 1996.
get a bus pass or a train pass ,I got a bus pass when I was in Australia in 1996 !and watched the news reports of Ivan Milats garage and the backpacks lined up against the back wall.

Australian serial killers. Interesting subject- predators versus travelers. I guess it's been a very long time since I saw much of anyone hitchhiking.

Famous Australian Serial Killers

Last edited:
I see hitchhikers all the time headed south to New Orleans, Florida, Texas, or wherever the weather is warm and the living is easy. When I was younger, everyone warned against drivers picking up hitchhikers because they could be criminals. Today, the warnings seem more focused on the hitchhikers because the drivers can be dangerous. It's a dangerous thing to do, either way.

I love nature, exploring, history and anthropology so traveling and seeing more of the world would be great but I really can't bring myself to do it.
First off I don't really like flying, it's not that I'm scared of flying but the "feeling" of flying just makes me so uncomfortable and at ease. The g-forces also freak me out and the last time I was on a plane I was close to passing out from hyperventilating during take-off, I have no idea why I'm like this and it's the same on other vehicles that drive fast.
I like ships and traveling by sea but that's usually pretty expensive and you can't really travel everywhere by sea. I'm also a bit scared and sceptical of foreign places and people and as a tourist you're usually an easy target for thieves, scammers and other criminals and with my social skills I don't see these things playing out very well. Having to almost constantly be on watch for these things sounds very stressfull and tiring, so places like the middle east, South America, South Asia and most of Africa is just out of the question for me.

The only time I've really been out of the country is when went on a week long cruise with my grandparents when I was younger. The cruise stopped in Russia for a couple for days and we went to see the winter palace which was an absolutely amazing place, I didn't take any pictures of the place but I will never forget it, I've never seen such a wounderful place with so much history and culture.
We also went to Denmark and Sweden before and it was really nice but nothing too special, Legoland was fun.
Some places I'd like to go would probably be Italy and Austria for hiking and Australia for diving but that wont happen any time soon at least.

Luckily I live in a place that already have lots of mountains and great nature so I can easily take a hike or do some quick diving whenever I want to see nature but in the culture aspect it's quite lacking especially in the later years. Old buildings are being restored and repurposed for other things, old farms are being modernised, streets are being ubranised and more modern houses are being built. I don't have anything against making better places to improve peoples quaility of living but I don't thing we should change and destroy things our forefather built and created for us. How long until everything is replaced and we forget about our past?

And now I'm rambling off topic again, sorry :p

I love nature, exploring, history and anthropology so traveling and seeing more of the world would be great but I really can't bring myself to do it.
First off I don't really like flying, it's not that I'm scared of flying but the "feeling" of flying just makes me so uncomfortable and at ease. The g-forces also freak me out and the last time I was on a plane I was close to passing out from hyperventilating during take-off, I have no idea why I'm like this and it's the same on other vehicles that drive fast.
I like ships and traveling by sea but that's usually pretty expensive and you can't really travel everywhere by sea. I'm also a bit scared and sceptical of foreign places and people and as a tourist you're usually an easy target for thieves, scammers and other criminals and with my social skills I don't see these things playing out very well. Having to almost constantly be on watch for these things sounds very stressfull and tiring, so places like the middle east, South America, South Asia and most of Africa is just out of the question for me.

The only time I've really been out of the country is when went on a week long cruise with my grandparents when I was younger. The cruise stopped in Russia for a couple for days and we went to see the winter palace which was an absolutely amazing place, I didn't take any pictures of the place but I will never forget it, I've never seen such a wounderful place with so much history and culture.
We also went to Denmark and Sweden before and it was really nice but nothing too special, Legoland was fun.
Some places I'd like to go would probably be Italy and Austria for hiking and Australia for diving but that wont happen any time soon at least.

Luckily I live in a place that already have lots of mountains and great nature so I can easily take a hike or do some quick diving whenever I want to see nature but in the culture aspect it's quite lacking especially in the later years. Old buildings are being restored and repurposed for other things, old farms are being modernised, streets are being ubranised and more modern houses are being built. I don't have anything against making better places to improve peoples quaility of living but I don't thing we should change and destroy things our forefather built and created for us. How long until everything is replaced and we forget about our past?

And now I'm rambling off topic again, sorry :p
you can travel by ship ,you can use commercial ships that take products to other countries ,they take passengers.
it's very basic but you have a bed and you have food and you can wash I presume .

New Threads

Top Bottom