• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Total reversals

Alan tm

Look at any aspie videos on YouTube,
It will list traits and right away say OR NOT .

It ends up a huge list of or not .

Affected by noise or not , affected by light or not , poor eye contact or not,
Sensory issues or not , introvert or not , no empathy not , melt downs or not .

It goes on and on .
I've Never seen a situation with so many options .
I'm Frustrated to death with it all, I get to the point that where I thought I knew what
Was happening and then it's a list that wipes out everything.

Getting to the point where I don't care about what people think what is what .
It's totally useless.
In the end you're born into your shell you live in that shell and die in it .
Nobody will ever understand anyone else or ever feel what anyone else can .

It goes on and on .
I'm Frustrated to death with it all, I get to the point that where I thought I knew what

It's totally useless.

This is just another example of how we are all different, Aspie or NT.

I totally get this. Socrates would always engage in a Negative Dialectic on purpose to foil and confuse his listeners. He never defined his terms and he did that on purpose. I was just thinking today about how the mental health field does this, especially with autism. It is INFURIATING and just a foil to say, "Oh, we see something and we want the money attached to these people, but God knows, we have no idea............"

Easy (and preferable) to lose sight of the FACT that NOBODY knows what's really going on or what we're here for (if anything). Totally born into your shell, and totally dying alone. All the rest seems like made-up fluff to make that bearable. As for feelings, they seem too easily conjured and simulated. Bugs on a rock man. Bugs on a rock.

It goes on and on .

It's totally useless.

1. There is a reason why it's called a spectrum.
2. Aspie human is still just one of billions humans around the world.

I know. It's only natural and apologies if I seemed somewhat too blunt. The thing is that this is how it is and it's not going to change.
Yep, though on the bright side, research is always being done, so out collective knowledge on the topic will continue to increase, maybe enough to finally have definitive answers to at least some questions (that's science for 'ya. This is also barring a huge calamity wiping out our collective store of knowledge, not to mention all of humanity).

A lot of diagnosable conditions have criteria that appear in some individuals and not in others. It doesn't help that most material in diagnostic publications is written by NTs, who tend not to be nearly as precise in expression or communication as people on the spectrum.

New Threads

Top Bottom