• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

to think on your feet

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
Sometimes it's hard to think on your feet. Today I got "screwed" by a mean adult couple at an open house gym. They asked me about my job, and I told them, then when I asked them back, the wife said "nothing" and everybody laughed. The guy didn't even respond. They treated me like a student just based on how I looked, treated me like I was a second class citizen, and just wanted to know my personal business. They even claimed they wanted tutoring, but they never asked me for my contact information. After that interaction, I wouldn't even consider bringing it up. The gym staff around me brought up how I used to be a teacher and that was so awkward too since it turned out to be a couple I do not feel I can trust now. Supposedly, they have daughters that are nice. Yeah, maybe "nice" based on the parents, or more like manipulative? They were probably hoping I was in high school and would've considered setting me up or just making a casual mockery.

I don't know the circumstances but it doesn't sound like they are trying to make a fool of you. How old are the couple? They could be retired so when the lady says 'nothing' and others laugh because it is a question that does not apply to her (maybe from her appearance) and the man didn't respond because they are in the same boat so it is assumed. The staff might be just trying to introduce you to them maybe sensing you have had a misunderstanding of what happened. People who are mean don't usually do it in the open. They prefer doing it in secret. In the open jokes are usually well meaning or good spirited so no need to take it personally. And if they are mean to you openly like that, then that gym won't get many customers. I hope you feel better.

I don't know the circumstances but it doesn't sound like they are trying to make a fool of you. How old are the couple? . . . I hope you feel better.

I don't know how old the couple are, and it wasn't my place to ask their age. 50-70+ most likely.

They certainly couldn't level with me, but you bring up good points. Thank you jayk.

New Threads

Top Bottom