• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

This is my first time truly communicating with other people with Aspergers

Hello newly founded friends,

I am a young 19 year old male Aspie who has gone through many ups and downs in life. My disability gives me the craaziest mind ever and I tell jokes to people that people either love or they absolultely hate. I have a love for The Muppets despite my age. I love classc comedies especially Abbott and Costello. I also have an obssesion with Sherlock Holmes. I am happy to say that I know, if not everything, I know a lot and I mean A LOT about all of these topics. Now I have a question. Have you ever done research on something that you love because you wanted to learn more about it and you ended up knowing everything about it?

Welcome to this amazing forum and guess what? Joining this forum also for me, is the first time, in "meeting" fellow aspies. I know of one male aspie in "life" but through his mum and have yet to meet him.

Yes, when I get obsessed with things, I get to know a lot. About a couple of month's back, I got obsessed with ebola and I tell you, I got to know EVERYTHING about the disease and used that knowledge to help comfort others, who were scared. It actually acts as a wonderful balancing board for me, because when I got a symptom, I was able to reason it out and felt better.

I too LOVE Sherlock Holmes. When I was in my 20's ( now 45), my husband took me to 10 baker street and even though I knew it was all make believe, it was AMAZING experience to be in the house that "they lived" I was awfully naughty though, because a chinese visitor was there and asked me if Sherlock was real and I looked with shock and said: wow, how can you think he wasn't? Of course he was real. Poor man, may to this day, believe this. But to give me a back door, Sherlock was based on a REAL character, so there!

I love Anne of Green gables too and the bronte sisters. Agatha Christie.

When I was in college, I had to do a thesis on Romeo and Juliet and my poor husband had nothing but them spilling out of my mouth! He even relates to others how maddening obsessed I was with them and I have to put in that I was having to study them.

I consider this a positive attribute of being an aspie.

The hardest part, is having very few people to share the "in the moment" passion and it burns away inside and I get depressed because I can't talk about it and actually, resentful :(

Hi I would just like to say that I that my biggest obsession is the muppets and that I am really convinced that Kermit is a real frog and not a puppet. I know that he isn't but I don't believe it.

Welcome aboard! :)
image.jpg

Hi & Welcome.
Oh yeah, obsessive interests is really common with Aspies. I like the Muppets and used to watch Abbott & Costello a lot when I was a kid. They can still make me laugh when I see something of theirs today. Neither was a special interest but both are definately my kind of humor. Muppet Treasure Island and Christmas Carol are still favorite movies.

When I get into something I am 150% into it and obsess about it every minute of every day. My family and friends are poke fun at me for it but that is just the way that I am. It has been obsession with coffee, brewing beer, big bang theory, and currently is fishing and camping. The problem I have is that I get obsessed and must buy things to do what I am obsessed with.

Thank you for the welcome. I have for most of my life been with people who either think I'm strange and stay away from me or if I'm lucky people will be polite and just ignore my disability and move on with life but what I really want is for people to help me. Yes I have been talking to therapists and adults about my life long suffering but I never had people who I can relate to and because my friends decide to ignore my disability I feel that I have no real connection with them and that many of them haven't really been friends at all. So thank you.

When I get into something I am 150% into it and obsess about it every minute of every day. My family and friends are poke fun at me for it but that is just the way that I am. It has been obsession with coffee, brewing beer, big bang theory, and currently is fishing and camping. The problem I have is that I get obsessed and must buy things to do what I am obsessed with.
Um... yeah... except for me it's usually a craft or DIY project. I have ripped out shelves and kitchen cabintes in my loft and repainted in the middle of the night when I get obsessed with a new home improvement project... and I've tried every type of craft you can think of. Oh, and there was that guitar phase I went through that required me buying a very expensive Gibson SG... yeah...

Thank you for the welcome. I have for most of my life been with people who either think I'm strange and stay away from me or if I'm lucky people will be polite and just ignore my disability and move on with life but what I really want is for people to help me. Yes I have been talking to therapists and adults about my life long suffering but I never had people who I can relate to and because my friends decide to ignore my disability I feel that I have no real connection with them and that many of them haven't really been friends at all. So thank you.
Welcome to the forum! I think you'll find some very similar personalities here!

Oh.. and I think most of us don't consider ourselves disabled ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom