• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

This is it

2Fragile2TakeCriticism

Black sheep in my own community
V.I.P Member
Hello there. I officially came here for the sake of my sanity and to find people here who can understand me. Recently I’ve been having difficulty trying to have a conversation with others in other mental health forums that are easily critical and dismissal of my problems. They believe I’m just making excuses and that I’m being controlling to others and that I need to work my ass off to change myself in an unrealistic manner so I can so-called please everyone. No matter how much I ask for support and not for unhelpful advice, they completely ignore and act like I just have an attitude and I made the choice for people to act the way they did toward me.

I’ll talk more about it in another post soon. But for now, I’d like to introduce myself. I’m not sure how long I’ll last here but I hope it’ll be worth my time unlike many others. Also if you’re wondering I chose the username I did, it’s because I use it as a form of irony as I’ve been labeled this way by not just outsiders, but also those in my community.

Hello and welcome. I hope that we can be gentle, understanding, and supportive here. Sometimes criticism can be helpful, I suppose, but it is not always necessary. There are other ways to learn and grow and understand without being subjected to someone else’s judgments. I hope we can simply support you and validate your experience in the world.

Hi
Welcome to aspie central. Mostly people here are pretty nice, its a good place. Do you have any hobbies? I have lots of hobbies, they kind of get abandoned after a while. Sometimes i pick them back up, sometimes not so much.

1686014446277.png

There are alot of people here into that sort of thing i think. I am Basically primitive in many ways. I know very little about all that except that i need an editor if i ever mean to publish on youtube. Its really hard to try and narrate in live action.

I enjoy arts and crafts and doing things in the outdoors. Ove been many things, alot of construction and fabrication

The so called windchime loom project, so named for the windchimes mounted on to an ancillary arm near the top. It would chime at nearly every move. I was trying to sort out all the warp strings in a backstrap loom project
20230225_081033.jpg

Anyone can have a bad day or even long period (and get crabby), but the rule here has always been the same: Keep it friendly and civil. We may not all be in exactly the same boat, but we are all in the same stormy seas. So I am hopeful you will find it more open and accepting here.

Welcome to the Forums. I have been on this site for nearly 2 years now and a more understanding and supportive group you are unlikely to find no matter how much you search. I tried many others and those that I tried were stuffed full of trolls. I have yet to discover one of those despicable things here. Our Moderators are great.

Look around and check out some of the threads here. This place is balm for the injuries to the psyche that occur by way of those who just do not understand. That exists here in abundance. I do hope you stick around long enough to feel that.

Welcome!
I'm a late in life diagnosed and this was the first forum I joined afterwards.
It was so informative and friendly that I had no need to look elsewhere.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I have for many years.

Welcome and I hope you find things nicer here. These forums are very friendly and supportive, with good moderation. So I hope you enjoy it here and stick around :)

Welcome. I think what you experience is not uncommon. Because of other attributes I could not be easily dismissed. Instead, my peers, especially, could see my social deficiencies, and target me for those. Because I have a compulsion to understand things, I would invent narratives about my experiences (not knowing I was autistic). Doing that I damaged my self image and body image. You do not want to go down that rabbit hole.

Glad to have you here, @2Fragile2TakeCriticism

I assure you that you'll find plenty of us will understand. This is a place for helping find our paths toward the right direction. No judgements of person here.

As far as people thinking you need to change to fit thier tastes. Cut ties with people like that. They only serve to invalidate you and confuse you further. It's about your own well being. Let that be your focus.

Yep, I tend to get kicked off most forums, and it's either because I'm "too negative", "too whiny", "a failure", or "threatening". I get told to "stop complaining and just get off my butt and just do something worthwhile with my life". When I did, I failed due to my neurological problems, only to get yelled at louder and told that I'm making excuses for being such a failure and that I need a good kick in the rear. Or sometimes I'll get angry and say things that make people feel like they are in danger and they will try to get the cops to arrest me. The only solution is to completely isolate myself, in real life as well as online. I figure eventually I will get murdered at random as karmic punishment for being such a jerk-in fact, I've had that almost happen several times, as well as people telling me for much of my life that it will, and that it will make them happy because I don't deserve to be alive. Anyway, I hate to talk about me in your thread, but I'm trying to let you know that it happens to most of us and we understand.

Yep, I tend to get kicked off most forums, and it's either because I'm "too negative", "too whiny", "a failure", or "threatening". I get told to "stop complaining and just get off my butt and just do something worthwhile with my life". When I did, I failed due to my neurological problems, only to get yelled at louder and told that I'm making excuses for being such a failure and that I need a good kick in the rear. Or sometimes I'll get angry and say things that make people feel like they are in danger and they will try to get the cops to arrest me. The only solution is to completely isolate myself, in real life as well as online. I figure eventually I will get murdered at random as karmic punishment for being such a jerk-in fact, I've had that almost happen several times, as well as people telling me for much of my life that it will, and that it will make them happy because I don't deserve to be alive. Anyway, I hate to talk about me in your thread, but I'm trying to let you know that it happens to most of us and we understand.
That’s horrible. I’m so sorry you had to put up with that. My heart just broke when I read that. Thank you for sharing. No really, thank you. :)

That’s beautiful. I’m glad you enjoy that hobby. :)
Thanks! I started it in December I think. The project gets taken down every so often, to get played with. Ive got lots of mileage from the craft supply expense of 2023. Having hobbies is a good idea.

but just be gentle with yourself about it all. The goal is to entertain, so the hobby itself is a toy. If you get obsessed about results it sort of ruins it. There are quite a few artists on here, welcome to the forum

From my experience, most of the people around here are people. So, they sometimes say things wrongly and sometimes even say wrong things. Why, I’ve seen a few of them be downright wrongheaded, which tends to set me down the wrong path.

Nevertheless, in the few years I’ve been here, I’ve seen much of the wrongness covered in love and understanding. People around here are plenty willing to speak into your life, but that usually happens because you request it. They are gentle to a fault and genuinely concerned for others.

Honestly, I don’t know what you mean by saying you’re just looking for support. I lived 68 very long hard years not knowing I am autistic, and have the scars of that ignorance. The people here have been helpful and understanding. If one of us screws up and says the wrong thing, please take it as the human in us and help us along. We need your help as well.

Welcome aboard.

New Threads

Top Bottom