• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Though was it a stupid thing to block the phone number of my father?
Possibly, but possibly not. Blocking them says you’re angry and that means you’re still thinking about them. That’s what they want. But if you have a meltdown every time they call, then you have to protect your own sanity.

I just turned off the ringer and delete any voice messages from them without listening to them.

My wife and I have a will and a trust. 3 children. 2 have been completely cut off and one is getting everything.

The ONLY signatures or involvement of any kind were mine and my wife’s. 2 kids are adults, one is a minor (at the time we did the legal stuff). They don’t even know there’s a will or trust.

You don’t need to sign s$!t

Do they like being victims about wasting four hours of their day for nothing? Gas money and mileage for nothing
Playing the victim works great when the target is a very sympathetic or empathetic person. It starts with control, goes to love, transitions to fear, then the last try is usually victimization.

1: You’ll do what I say because I gave birth to you!

2: It’s just because I love you and want the best for you…

3: You’re just being impossible! This is all your fault!

4: I’m so sorry :( I’ve just been under a lot of stress. You know how your father can be :( please forgive me. I’ll change :(

If it's per them doing a will, yes, you can just ignore them and everything altogether (if you want nothing from them at all), or if you do want some inheritance, etc. (as they have exactly agreed to / told you) you will have to sign to their agreement / will, but it's something you absolutely want to do in front of a lawyer who reads it, first, they'll better explain it to you, and as stated before, when you do sign it, you will want an official notary there to also stamp / sign. This is per the way of things in the US, of course. Apologies, as I don't recall if you stated where you live on this blue marble.

I cannot afford a lawyer, but doesn't all this legal stuff come at no cost, usually?
Asd is idealistic and not close to real world dude. There are free lawyers from state (legal aid) bad move.
A good lawyer will protect your interests and advise you no contact that ruins your legal rights and handle any financials and house etc.
A protection order if violated means you may send family to jail, it's also unpleasant to apply for and is usually if someone poses a threat or is abusive. Asd rules around boundaries may differ so if family is making you unhappy discontinue contact and see a lawyer. If you not going to loose house/money or will then maybe legal aid may help.
Once you calmed down consider if you prepared to take action on protection order otherwise wasting your time and playing emotional games such as women who returns to husband that beats her.

Hope this helps, you have right to remain silent. It can be used against you....get a lawyer because autism ideals are not same as legal aspects and you could shoot yourself in foot

I had this house with low gate that clipped open, no lock.
People would just enter my property because of it.....had to have hole drilled and chain through to lock it......I suppose didn't want to jump over wall.
Another plan is a non-friendly dog...people seem more respectful before entering your space.
Ways of dealing with people. Like no, you don't have to open the door!!! Echnore the buzzer
Disconnect the landline and switch cellphone only, only give number to respectful people then can block people and not get lousy voice messages
Etc
Etc

Possibly, but possibly not. Blocking them says you’re angry and that means you’re still thinking about them. That’s what they want. But if you have a meltdown every time they call, then you have to protect your own sanity.

I just turned off the ringer and delete any voice messages from them without listening to them.
True. Protecting my own sanity is my goal with the blocking aspect.

If it's per them doing a will, yes, you can just ignore them and everything altogether (if you want nothing from them at all), or if you do want some inheritance, etc. (as they have exactly agreed to / told you) you will have to sign to their agreement / will, but it's something you absolutely want to do in front of a lawyer who reads it, first, they'll better explain it to you, and as stated before, when you do sign it, you will want an official notary there to also stamp / sign. This is per the way of things in the US, of course. Apologies, as I don't recall if you stated where you live on this blue marble.
Thanks for confirming that! Hmm, inheritance...unsure how much else I actually want to inherit from them. Money would help, but that's all they've ever really given me :/

I guess I just don't want to be involved with them. If it's legally stipulated that I'll get things in their wills, then I'll take it, but...I just don't want to be around them.

Thanks for confirming that! Hmm, inheritance...unsure how much else I actually want to inherit from them. Money would help, but that's all they've ever really given me :/

I guess I just don't want to be involved with them. If it's legally stipulated that I'll get things in their wills, then I'll take it, but...I just don't want to be around them.
Sounds like you’re starting the same path I have been on for close to 20 years. It’s indifference, with a side of turning into The Hulk when they won’t leave me alone.

Stick to your plan and stay strong. Just don’t let them have any piece of yourself, not even the smallest bit. They’ll eventually back off… even if it’s only because they get bored. And maybe one day a big check will show up in the mail (assuming you’re in the will after all).

New Threads

Top Bottom