• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things which have made you happy lately

Me learning how to strengthen headphone wires to get a much longer lifespan from your headphones.

I'll be ordering a bunch of heat shrink tubing soon. :)

Me learning how to strengthen headphone wires to get a much longer lifespan from your headphones.

I'll be ordering a bunch of heat shrink tubing soon. :)

Do share! :D

I recently broke a pair of headphones and have a pair of in-ears on the verge of ripping.

Do share! :D

I recently broke a pair of headphones and have a pair of in-ears on the verge of ripping.

Watch this:

I think I'll be using three or four layers of heat shrink tubing just to be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being selected for an online peer support programme, pending more interviews.

Woopee!

Aspies Central helps a ton... :)

My best friend recommended the webcomic Questionable Content (not as dirty as it sounds) to me and I've been reading through it while my coworkers were out of town. I'm up to 480 now with just under 2000 to go, yay!

- My tomato plant has lots of little tomatoes on it.
-I'm getting along better with my mom since my diagnosis.
-The house I'm living in is in an area with a large raven or maybe crow population, and I like to listen to and watch them.

That I finally have this short story collection that I've been wanting to read for so long in a well-formatted eBook format:

Smith-Rediscovery-600.JPG

Table of Contents

Stories of the Instrumentality of Mankind

No, No, Not Rogov!
War No. 8 1 -Q (rewritten version)
Mark Elf
The Queen of the Afternoon
Scanners Live in Vain
The Lady Who Sailed The Soul
When the People Fell
Think Blue, Count Two
The Colonel Came Back from the Nothing-at-All
The Game of Rat and Dragon
The Burning of the Brain
From Gustible's Planet
Himself in Anachron
The Crime and the Glory of Commander Suzdal
Golden the Ship Was-Oh! Oh! Oh!
The Dead Lady of Clown Town
Under Old Earth
Drunkboat
Mother Hitton's Littul Kittons
Alpha Ralpha Boulevard
The Ballad of Lost C'mell
A Planet Named Shayol
On the Gem Planet
On the Storm Planet
On the Sand Planet
Three to a Given Star
Down to a Sunless Sea

Other Stories

War No. 81-Q (original version)
Western Science Is So Wonderful
Nancy
The Fife of Bodidharma
Angerhelm
The Good Friends

I spent quite some time today compiling it using texts from various Cordwainer Smith eBooks that I bought.

Putting my first down payment on a 6month layaway for my doll. Looking at wigs, eyes, clothing for said doll. Realizing again that people will always try to influence you to their way and knowing that you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. :)

Money.

I usually don't care about money, but when I've been indulging myself in hobbies I do.

My bouquet of a dozen pale beige long stemmed roses.

Winning some great & competitive bids on Ebay.

My husband ate a big late lunch so I won't have to cook supper tonight.

I am happy not to be shaking today. I am happy that beans inside balloons made my kids so happy and that they enjoyed their math today. I am happy that I get to teach another art class for our homeschool co-op. I am happy that the weather is growing cool. I am happy that my husband cleaned our bedroom. I am happy that my two year old made me play "run and get it" with our teddy bear matching game. I am so happy that I have some seriously needed alone time coming up! I am happy that my panic attacks at our new church and bible study group are dissipating and a couple people actually seem to like me. I am happy that I finally am becoming someone who can laugh off problems, and that I have learned not to act so needy around people- it makes them like me more and that gratifies me like a dog just invited for a walk! I am grateful to God for all these things.

New Threads

Top Bottom