• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things which have made you happy lately

Yes this will be the permanent move.

So I have a month to spend with my parents, while they help me with various things like getting my NHS card (and catching up on all the healthcare I've missed because...yeah...American healthcare), going to a job center etc. So i'm happy to be able to catch them. Moving is difficult enough, and I do still need a kind of "support" with lifestyle changes.

Remember to get a National Insurance number if you intend to work in the UK.

My PC being speedy since re-installing Windows on it the other day.

Photoshop was taking forever to load and was being unresponsive, and Firefox (and Pale Moon . . . which essentially is Firefox) would freeze every few seconds after browsing the net for a few minutes. I'm relieved that both problems are now completely gone. I use those apps more than anything else, so you can understand why this is such a relief for me.

I should have reformatted my PC long ago rather than wasting so much time tinkering around trying to fix the problems.

I'm happy that I finally passed my driving test today, after 15 months taking lessons and having a few failed attempts behind me.

Definitely worth it in the end though; I enjoy driving and now I look forward to being a "real" driver. :D

My boyfriend calling me randomly the past two nights. It was sweet even though (because of the international calling cost) we couldnt talk much.

finding a huge file of stuff from back when I was in school yesterday, documentation of all kinds of problems, even stuff I'd forgot about. This has got to help me get some kind of help in terms of employment in a job I can do and/or social security and/or some kind of something.

Spring cleaning the friend's very messy house! A few fights with her about stuff which she simply doesn't want moved or thrown out, but things are beginning to look better.

Glad I discovered this sub-Reddit. Makes me feel less ****ed up about being into old-school/DE shaving.

It's a rather new sub-Reddit, yet it already has close to 11,000 readers and was the sub-Reddit of the day in June of last year.

Many of the users in that community aren't even old; lots are in their teens or twenties.

Now I need to find more interesting sub-Reddits . . .

Thing that has made me happy lately: being able to attend a birthday party without the company of my brother and, despite anxiety of course, having a good time. This is a significant step forward for me as usually I would require my brothers presence to help me feel comfortable and safe at such things.

Finally being able to walk from one room to another without falling over something, being able to take things out of boxes and put it on shelves!

Finally making plans to get a snake, we've talked about it for years in a "someday we will" kind of way but it's really happening now :)

The fact that my girlfriend got me a gift and as such pretty much showed that she apparently doesn't mind me spending time and money on hobby X, since it was a hobby related item.

Earlier today when my girlfriend came over she gave me a box of Warhammer figures, which I thought was sweet and awesome at the same time.

The fact that my girlfriend got me a gift and as such pretty much showed that she apparently doesn't mind me spending time and money on hobby X, since it was a hobby related item.

Earlier today when my girlfriend came over she gave me a box of Warhammer figures, which I thought was sweet and awesome at the same time.

What are you gonna give your girlfriend in return? Your lovin'? :D

What are you gonna give your girlfriend in return? Your lovin'? :D

Of course ;) I'm tempted to post some NSFW comments here though ;)

No... it's not really that I (nor she for that matter) is really about the "I gave you something, you have to give me something in return". Besides that, when we're going places I'm often paying for dinner and in general I don't make that much of a fuss if she owes me a few bucks over groceries or whatever. So that might even it out a bit. But like I said; it's not really an actual exchange of stuff we have going on.

Of course ;) I'm tempted to post some NSFW comments here though ;)

No... it's not really that I (nor she for that matter) is really about the "I gave you something, you have to give me something in return". Besides that, when we're going places I'm often paying for dinner and in general I don't make that much of a fuss if she owes me a few bucks over groceries or whatever. So that might even it out a bit. But like I said; it's not really an actual exchange of stuff we have going on.

I've never understood that way of thinking, the whole 'I bought you this therefore you owe me' or 'I bought you this which cost X amount therefore you should get me a present of equal value', it's crazy!

The thing that made me happy(yesterday) was seeing how excited and happy my husband was in the reptile shop, seeing him happy makes me happy :)

Me ordering (low) high-end headphones which means I'll no longer have to use the (rather crappy, albeit better than average) stock buds that came with my Sandisk Clip+.

What keeps me happy:

Looking at this picture to bring out the inner Chav (low-class fellow) in me. It keeps me destressed from troubles working with obnoxious people

Kevin%20Federline%20Buying%20Beer%20and%20Coke2.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom