• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Therapeutic Games...

Crossbreed

Neur-D Missionary ☝️
V.I.P Member
If you are like me, I like my problem-solving processes to be ordered, smooth and predictable. Sometimes, IMHO, we need to harden ourselves to the harsh realities of this world (that would disrupt that).

1. Minesweeper- Playing the biggest field, I only win about 8% of my attempts. I cherish my wins, but it helps me to process loss better. (Be ready to set aside any illusions of perfection, however.)
  2. Sudoku- I take a very systematic approach to these puzzles, but there is usually a tipping [a posteriori] point where you have enough information to solve a good portion of the puzzle, but it requires putting your a priori procedures on hold. (Switching from a priori reasoning to a posteriori is a good skill to cultivate.)
PS: Please feel free add your own ideas for such games and how they might be therapeutic for ASDs (besides responding to my choices).

Last edited:
If you are like me, I like my problem-solving processes to be ordered, smooth and predictable. Sometimes, IMHO, we need to harden ourselves to the harsh realities of this world (that would disrupt that).

1. Minesweeper- Playing the biggest field, I only win about 8% of my attempts. I cherish my wins, but it helps me to process loss better. (Be ready to set aside any illusions of perfection, however.)
  2. Sudoku- I take a very systematic approach to these puzzles, but there is usually a tipping [a posteriori] point where you have enough information to solve a good portion of the puzzle, but it requires putting your a priori procedures on hold. (Switching from a priori reasoning to a posteriori is a good skill to cultivate.)

I love playing online Solitaire - in particular, the "Double Klondike, Turn One" version.

I know what you mean. I tend to play games to improve my problem solving but I tend to play ones that help build by reaction time and reflexes. I.e. I have a limited time to solve a problem and need to solve it quickly. So I play games like Titanfall, telltale, MK and dishonored etc

New Threads

Top Bottom