• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Universe Means Nothing

SomeRandomAspie

Unspecified origin
So you probably clicked on this expecting it to be depressing, well I hate to disappoint but to me it's not at all depressing. I should start by saying I'm an atheist, I have been for about a year now. I don't think that the universe serves a purpose other than entropy. I care about other people for emotional reasons of course but I know I'm above those and that they get in the way of knowledge. I think that the universe is just there.

The reason I am writing this is because a few people who I express my view to are sort of thrown off. Is it that crazy? Once you get above emotions to the purest reasoning, what is there for you? For me above most sympathetic emotions there is just knowledge and the fun of logic. I mean I don't want to sound arrogant but I deal with people who are best described as microcephalic addle-pates on a daily basis and I wonder how they can live so blissfully.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way depressed. This is in fact the most uplifting topic to think about. We're all just thermodynamic systems running according to the laws of physics (primarily the second law of thermodynamics). Assuming the universe is a closed system, at some point, even if the universe "ends" first, there will be a point where nothing can change. THis is comforting because "I" can do whatever I "want" (thoughts are governed by thermodynamcs+there is no massive difference between abiotic and biotic) and I as the universe will reach the same result no matter what I do and who I "become" (I don't believe time is linear). So what are your thoughts on my view.

I have a fun theory the similarities to atoms and electrons are connected.. the atoms being like planets and electrons the Moons and satires. We can imagine then that the solar system is part of an atomic structure that makes up something else.. like a tree for example. At least that would explain how space expands into more space; if we were just atoms in the tree and the tree grows...

It could even explain big bang. Dormant seed = nothing + water = life, and new cells and growth and a total new big thing going on.

I guess at a micro microscopic scale, for eg: inside that seed, when germination took place, I bet that would be BIG, and now the old space, is now massive.

Nothing - everything.

Seed.
Enjoy...

I have a fun theory the similarities to atoms and electrons are connected.. the atoms being like planets and electrons the Moons and satires. We can imagine then that the solar system is part of an atomic structure that makes up something else.. like a tree for example. At least that would explain how space expands into more space; if we were just atoms in the tree and the tree grows...

It could even explain big bang. Dormant seed = nothing + water = life, and new cells and growth and a total new big thing going on.

I guess at a micro microscopic scale, for eg: inside that seed, when germination took place, I bet that would be BIG, and now the old space, is now massive.

Nothing - everything.

Seed.
Enjoy...
That's interesting to say at the least and at the other end kind of infuriating. You're thinking of the model of the atom that almost everyone thinks of, which is the nucleus with electrons orbiting it. A more accurate idea is that there is a nuclear with an orbital around it that contains the electrons. Also, electrons aren't just particles, due to particle duality electrons are waves and particles at the same time. I like to think of them as particles that represent a wave. That's about it. Fix those errors in your theory and it may be possible.

To be honest. I'm just a layman. I've looked at stars, when stoned, and pondered. And this is what I came up with. Just my own thoughts. I don't know nothing about physics.

I thought, the electron buzzing round electrons or protons or whatever, keeps the 'charge'. A bit like our moon. .. so I went with it.

To be honest. I'm just a layman. I've looked at stars, when stoned, and pondered. And this is what I came up with. Just my own thoughts. I don't know nothing about physics.

I thought, the electron buzzing round electrons or protons or whatever, keeps the 'charge'. A bit like our moon. .. so I went with it.
But the electron isn't the only thing with a charge. The proton has an opposite charge.

Ok. I'll attend it. instead of being on an 'atom' in the layman sense. we're on the spec on one of those waves/particles in a seed :)

New Threads

Top Bottom