• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The sock thread.

pax

Ok , so I was rearranging my sock drawer and after folding and counting
hqdefault.jpg

my 55 pairs I thought "Hey this would make a good thread" so.... show us your socks! Colourful, patterned, crazy .

Here's my last creation - hand knitted, colourful, warm.:)

Attachments

• SAM_4756.JPG
    SAM_4756.JPG
    371.3 KB · Views: 0
My socks are all white (and soft)... I'm mostly boring in the clothes department...
I have to organize my stuff (as I am guessing you were doing)
I have to have all my stuff organized, clean, and ready to go...
If not the day just starts out rough and that's not a sign that I'm going to have a good day...

I do have some Superman underwear that I was given as Christmas gift (still confused as to why that was the gift that person gave me?) ... : )

That's cool that you made your own socks! Wow...

Ok , so I was rearranging my sock drawer and after folding and counting
hqdefault.jpg

my 55 pairs I thought "Hey this would make a good thread" so.... show us your socks! Colourful, patterned, crazy .

Here's my last creation - hand knitted, colourful, warm.:)

ASD ALERT... I have thought this whole time you were a guy... I have a friend who's name is Paxton and we call him Pax... So I never paid any attention, and I was thinking that a dude was knitting his own socks???
Nothing wrong with that, but it had my head all tangled up... So I did what I should have done a long time ago and clicked on your Profile pic and wow your a girl Pax... and not a guy Pax like I'm used too...
It all makes a lot more sense to me now... geez how I get stuff all messed up. : )

Wear white cotton socks each day. And have many pairs of the same kind. Once, years ago, my mother said that her mother wore a similar kind of sock all the time. They feel comfortable on my feet, don't make my feet too hot or too cold.

In winter when the floors are slightly colder, I combine them with an additional layer of hand-knitted socks that my gram knitted for me. Have about ten pairs of wool hand-knitted socks.

Cotton socks are perfect for my feet, although when I go somewhere and have to wear boots in winter I usually wear wool-blend socks. As soon as I return home, I take them off. As they are much too itchy.

images
+
images
These are the ones I wear. By the way Pax, those hand-knitted one's are beautiful.

Last edited:
Just uploaded a pic of my newest sox. They were a gift of 5 pairs and I mix the colours . I like stripes and of course cats! Double value here...

ASD ALERT... I have thought this whole time you were a guy... I have a friend who's name is Paxton and we call him Pax... So I never paid any attention, and I was thinking that a dude was knitting his own socks???
Nothing wrong with that, but it had my head all tangled up... So I did what I should have done a long time ago and clicked on your Profile pic and wow your a girl Pax... and not a guy Pax like I'm used too...
It all makes a lot more sense to me now... geez how I get stuff all messed up. : )

Ha funny. I've assumed the genders of a few people here based on their avatar or name or manner of posting and found out later I'd assumed wrong.

I picked the name for 3 reasons.
1. I needed one to post:p couldn't think of a great one.
2. I'd had bad experiences at The Other Place that shall not be named and did not want to keep that name here. I just wanted some acceptance and peace. So, Pax. It's Latin for peace.
3. There was a weird science fiction /mystery movie around a few years ago called K-pax about a guy who proclaimed he was different from everyone else, experienced everything differently, and was in fact an alien. The authorities thought he was crazy , but when they tested him he could see in UV etc. (Kind of regretting the choice a bit in light of the Kevin Spacey scandal - but there you go)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom