• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The opposite of obsession?

I cannot tolerate conceited, selfish and disrespectful people with a sense of entitlement, who care only about themselves and believe their wants trump everybody else’s needs.

All my life I used " i " for imaginary numbers. Now, for eletrical engineering, they force us to use " j " for imaginary numbers, because " i " is used to denote electric current.

It bothers SOO MUCH.

It's like to being right-handed your whole life, and suddenly they force you to be left-handed.

But I'm getting used to it, even though it bothers me.

Last edited:
Quick list:

1) Any type of software that is not fully open source. Examples: Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, iTunes.
7) Apple, Windows, and tablet/smartphone operating systems (see #1).

I heard that they are starting to develop Linux-based mobile operating systems, which sounds quite nifty.

As for me? Oh, I suppose I do not have enough hatred in me to meaningfully contribute to this thread, but...I shall try.

1. Fingernails. Everything about them. I cannot stand their being the least bit long, but I also DESPISE having to cut them. Ugh!
2. When the room acoustics are SO BAD that just that ONE bass frequency has this awful, booming resonance but everything else sounds perfectly normal.
3. Bonus tracks. I want to be able to finish an album by hearing it all the way through, and not have this stupid little afterthought appended to the end of it! At least when I rip CDs to my computer (in a nit-picky, securely-ripped, lossless format, of course), I can un-check that obnoxious blight in iTunes.

I cannot tolerate conceited, selfish and disrespectful people with a sense of entitlement, who care only about themselves and believe their wants trump everybody else’s needs.

Well, I have a feeling that almost everyone, aspie or NT, feels this way, hehe

TV commercials. It kind of borders on a phobia, but not quite. It's just this uneasy, disgusted, angry feeling I get when commercials come on. I realize TV is basically just an advertisement box. Everyone is constantly taking in advertisements and it makes me feel really anxious. I can't watch commercials, I have to busy myself with something until the show comes back on. It's just weird for me, how this society is constantly consuming.

Also, talking on the phone. It's definitely more of a phobia, actually, but I think it fits here as well. I can't deal with phones. I don't like trying to figure them out, I don't even like holding them.

The check out system at the library is done on a computer and it really agitates me and I can't handle it.

Sport espeically Rugby, living in New Zealand Rugby is seen as almost a religion and men are expected to like it, well I don't, its boring and pointless. I was hassled at school becasue I hated sport so that adds more fuel to my fire. Also smug people who act like they are better than everyone else.

Tickling. I will get physically violent with you if you try to tickle me. I hate the sensation of it that much.

Doing the dishes. I don't know why, but it just really makes me mad. Never mind the fact that old mushy food stuck to the plates/bowls causes me to almost gag...

Those sad commercials about abused animals and starving children. Way to remind me that our first-world civilization is built upon the backs of the less fortunate.

Being criticized. If anything from my taste in music to the outfit I'm wearing to the quality of my artwork is called into question, I will become very upset.

All my life I used " i " for imaginary numbers. Now, for eletrical engineering, they force us to use " j " for imaginary numbers, because " i " is used to denote electric current.

It bothers SOO MUCH.

It's like to being right-handed your whole life, and suddenly they force you to be left-handed.

But I'm getting used to it, even though it bothers me.

Maybe it helps to think about "j" as a variable that contains "i"?

There are times that, heeding the profanity of my peers in three-fifths of their speech, my mind begins leaking in rancorous thought; my Aspergers has the branch of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which has the branch of Intrusive Thoughts. I (internally, at least, as I hold temperance of external tolerance) possess morbid prejudice of macabre on peers over their profanity, which I am aware that they cannot subside in (media influence and whatnot), but my mind is just livid hearing the profane. It has been speculated, over the course of history, whether genius coincides with madness; Pythagoras, Michelangelo, Empedocles, Vincent van Gogh, and Lord Byron, for instance, were some exemplifications. I ponder...could it be?:
“There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.”
― Oscar Levant

Ummm... Offline people. I find people despicable, mostly NT's but some aspies are gullible and are hence just overly dedicated preachers of the NT way. The people i meet are always closed minded, which is my no.1 hate nowadays. Th issue is their idea of open minded is often still closed minded in comparison to me. I have a habit of correcting people but i am a good listener and will take all into account. I.e. i don't believe in a god, other than the idea of a mortal gaining all of the properties making them by definition a god, but if a man cane out if the sky and granted wishes i would accept it.

Not sure if it's more to do with sensory issues, but any clothing with unnecessary buttons/fastenings on. Makes me feel slightly ill, even if it's something that many others consider stylish.

I have always loathed soap operas, I don't know if it's the terrible acting, annoying voices or just me being weird, but they irritate me and I don't know why some people are so fond of them! I couldn't care less about Sarah's affair with Nigel or Sally's new baby. Unfortunately that is one of my mum's main obsessions and she literally screams and shouts if she can't watch it!

Most Women like clothes and shoe shopping

I hate it, it's so boring and pointless sending all day looking at shoes and clothes IMO I'd rather have a quick browse online for clothes never find anything in shops most women's clothes looks tacky :/

New Threads

Top Bottom