• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"The Neurotypical Site"

That much seems transparent. But I wonder if having ease with social/emotional interactions, some NTs don't think that they need to work on their relationships. I never thought that and was prepared to work and support my relationship with my spouse from day one. My spouse seems to have some characteristics, like issues with tags on clothing, noises, and social reticence, but has far better people skills than me. I remember her great anxiety about having friends over, and so I put in a lot of effort to make things successful for her. We both work to be supportive, and while difficulties arise, we are invested in overcoming issues. We are now at the age where we face our mortality and I hope that it will be me who has to face the pain of life alone.

Did you mean you hope your wife dies before you do or do you mean you hope you die before she does?

To stay consistent I’m going to play the devil’s advocate; Many times I wonder why my husband would ever want me I’m so messed up and weird. Not only with this aspergers but with the physical stuff too - I’m on disability for physical limitations not the Aspergers.

Having conversations is difficult because of my literal thinking and being uneducated verbally. My brain if full of information, some even valuable but getting that information out or on paper is the hard part.

Granted many of those people on that forum are narcissistic jerks, but on the flip side I really do wish I did not have aspergers if I got to pick. It is what it is, but I don’t plan on sharing because it has turned out bad each time.

Edited to add: in my 40’s I went back to college and was doing great except math, math has haunted me my whole life. A young student, a girl wanted to “beat me up” because i was asking too many questions and that bothered her. The professor took over and went and did something, but the fact that this piece of crap girl was going to fight me she was so aggravated, well....maybe it is that annoying having somebody like me that desperately wants to understand but never does get it around?

They are pretty much making aspergers out to be psychopathy.

Most autism "experts" do. A lot of that comes from Simon Baron Cohen's work. He proved all that sociopathy was "true" with the ToM Puppet test. However, when used with other populations, it only "proves" language delays.

I recently rubbed elbows with a civil rights organization. They asked for input if an area of rights was missing. I recommended an amazing, accomplished autism activist. They wrote back and said they already had a pastor in a wheel chair that was unable to get to the alter to preach and had to use the floor mic. Handicap box checked.

I agree with those who recommend ignoring this. Based on my read, this site was probably created by someone who was in a relationship with someone on the spectrum and is still bitter about it. They want to be seen as the victim and so created a community that would validate their perspective. It all seems rather self-indulgent. Maybe they genuinely had a terrible partner but the content of this site says more about the creator's inability to move on than it does about people on the spectrum.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever seen this site? The Neurotypical Site

Some Quotes:

I don't mean to upset anyone or support anything on that site, just wanted to know your opinions.
Apparently if you dislike neurotypicals saying you are a psychopath you are patronised and told they didn't mean you are basically a serial killer but just patronisingly simple

Yes I get it. Each and every one of us has serial killer tendencies, and we all played with imaginary hospitals inside of snow globes, ate our own poop, and tortured and killed small animals as kids.:rolleyes: That is how NTs will always see us. They don't see a face or a personality or a living person, all they see is AUTISTIC. One of us could one day end up saving the world by going into space and stopping a comet from crashing into the Earth, and they will still see as as nothing but ice cold heartless serial killers because humans naturally believe whatever garbage they see and hear in the media. In that case I guess I'll let the comet hit the Earth.:rolleyes:

Most serial killers were abused by their family members or bullied by other students, does the genius running this site know about that? Do they ever think THAT could be the problem? Do they know autistic people are more likely to be victims of violence? They either don't know or they don't care. Who's going to listen to what nonsense a robotic psychopath has to say, anyway?

I have heard of that site just as I have heard of other sites that are anti-things that should have been common sense by now.

It does not surprise me because I have been the subject of hate before. In fact, part of the reason why I am so hypervigilant (I can’t close my eyes without getting a panic attack) and watchful of others is because I have been accused of potentially being far more harmful than someone else due to my autism. That is part of the reason why I’m not allowed to watch crime shows that much anymore-my mom is concerned I may lash out at her. Which I do understand as I am mentally ill, but I have difficulty hurting animals. Animals. I would never hurt a person.

Mean people do exist. I choose not to listen to them now as I am numb to anything bad anyone has to say to me since I have heard it all before. Their words have emotionally scarred me in the past. Someone that has autism is in fact capable of empathy; I have tried to stress this point to neurotypicals before but sometimes they really don’t understand that. This is part of the reason why I don’t have any in real life friends because I wouldn’t want to be friends with anyone who thought against autism. Unfortunately most of the people in my area are against it.

I would rather be an introvert in real life and keep online friends who are kind and nice with mental health issues and trauma than talk to people who are anti-autistic. I’ve never had any in real life friends, ever. I’m fine that way. I don’t trust people who go against common sense and basic human rights. People should respect autistics.

I remember the last thread that was on this subject. It was hilarious. There are a lot of great quotes on that site. They're extraordinarily dramatic, and they attribute to us ridiculous amounts of power.

Yes, yes, yes. We've all seen such sites before. All likely to be the knee-jerk reaction of someone who for whatever reason was offended by one person on the spectrum. So they feel compelled to publicly condemn us all.

As usual, this is bound to say much more about the site creator than any of us.

Has anyone ever seen this site? The Neurotypical Site

Some Quotes:

I don't mean to upset anyone or support anything on that site, just wanted to know your opinions.
How many of you want to bet that these people think that Hitler was Autisitic? :rolleyes:

Everyone I don’t like is literally Hitler,
literally Hitler, literally Hitler.
Everyone I don’t like is literally Hitler,
let’s have a look and see…

Exactly. It doesn't take much to just treat people ethically. We all wish to be valued and not feel denigrated as we cope with some issues brought about by our personalities.
On days where I'm just being me and have no immediate problems I just take it that some people will not fit with me, maybe even feel disgust at me because we are so different but that's ok. I don't feel like everyone is entitled to like me. If we must interact keep it respectful and short, that's all I ask from people.

What I do have an issue with is people who just assume everything about the person and assume the worst simply because they are dysfunctional at something at the time and/or they don't like the person. Such miserable people, nothing seems to be able to make them smile. I interact with these kinds of people almost every day, the more positivity you give them the more they want to explode (which I find kind of funny and sad at the time), all I need to do is treat them with respect and it makes them go haywire. Honestly the best thing anyone could do for those folks is like everyone else said ignore them. They're all just looking for a way to drag the entire world down to their level and exploiting the oddities of someone very different than them is the perfect way for them to do so. If it's not ASD people with them it's probably some other group they would have their sights on ready to slander. It's like a witch hunt but lead by witches themselves.

On days where I'm just being me and have no immediate problems I just take it that some people will not fit with me, maybe even feel disgust at me because we are so different but that's ok. I don't feel like everyone is entitled to like me. If we must interact keep it respectful and short, that's all I ask from people.

What I do have an issue with is people who just assume everything about the person and assume the worst simply because they are dysfunctional at something at the time and/or they don't like the person. Such miserable people, nothing seems to be able to make them smile. I interact with these kinds of people almost every day, the more positivity you give them the more they want to explode (which I find kind of funny and sad at the time), all I need to do is treat them with respect and it makes them go haywire. Honestly the best thing anyone could do for those folks is like everyone else said ignore them. They're all just looking for a way to drag the entire world down to their level and exploiting the oddities of someone very different than them is the perfect way for them to do so. If it's not ASD people with them it's probably some other group they would have their sights on ready to slander. It's like a witch hunt but lead by witches themselves.
I can't ever remember if I engendered disgust. People have criticized me for my language skills or disinterest in interacting, but nothing like disgust. I could never be successful in work dealing with people because I am rather blunt about things. However, I've been ignored more than feeling any hostility. I think that has been the case because of my intellectual capacity and rhetorical skill and I've heard from others that is the reason some people have been afraid to approach me.

I guess I could deal with hate because I would not let that impact my life. Instead the more insidious damage was being marginalized through simple neglect.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom