• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"The Neurotypical Site"

I just clicked on the "How to spot" page read the first paragraph and was already mad. It's funny because I feel the same exact way about these kinds of neurotypicals. They have no empathy, have no "theory of mind", and loving them seems almost impossible because they operate like psychopaths or sociopaths too. I will agree that we don't we always see eye to eye but I don't assume the person who simply has a different world perception wise because of their own biology is wrong and evil. There is not a single of one of us just like another person on the spectrum, that's why it's called a spectrum. This is more like slander site than anything. I am in a relationship right now, not with someone who is neurotypical but someone still different in many ways too. We needed more communication to interpret each other sometimes because of our wildly different perspectives on certain things but when this was worked out by being open and communicating concerns then all was fine.

Ah yes, I seem to recall hearing about this sort of thing.

I think it was that "FAAAS" place that they mention, specifically. Supposedly run by an incredibly narcissistic woman whose entire function was pretty much to complain about her husband, using the excuse of "well he's autistic and it's terrible" as the cause of all of the problems between them. Naturally, none of those problems could at all be HER doing, nope, none of them at all, because that's how relationships work, right? I remember sort of browsing around that place (if that's the specific place I'd found, it's certainly possible it was a different one) and there were forums filled with, well, pretty much that. The sort of people that are just... glorified bullies, little more than attention seekers with a constant need for validation. Such a hateful place. It was quite the unpleasant experience.

As for the site being linked here, well... I think it's telling that this line is found at the bottom of that very first page:

"this site is for Cassandras and Cassanders everywhere."

Which as far as I can tell relates to this, from Wikipedia: The Cassandra metaphor (variously labeled the Cassandra "syndrome", "complex", "phenomenon", "predicament", "dilemma", "curse") relates to a person whose valid warnings or concerns are disbelieved by others.

Make of that part what you will.

All ridiculous in any case.

Has anyone ever seen this site? The Neurotypical Site
They are pretty much making aspergers out to be psychopathy.

Some Quotes:

I don't mean to upset anyone or support anything on that site, just wanted to know your opinions.

How appropriate that this is coming from a "neurotypical site". (1) Your examples demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger phenomenon on display. Just enough knowledge to think they are experts,...not enough to realize they are wrong. (2) The pathological need for sameness in their lives, so they villainize people who are different. (3) Having emotions, a sense of right and wrong, a strong moral focus,...and the expression of it,...is one of the things that separate neurotypicals from autistics. Our forum is FULL of people who have an intense sense of right and wrong, a strong moral focus, and intense emotions,...to the point where it causes anxiety and distress. Unfortunately, it is often misinterpreted by neurotypicals as some sort of "psychotic" behavior either because we internalize to the point of coming off as "cold and unfeeling" or on the other extreme, is expressed as "aberrant" behavior.

It's funny how some neurotypicals don't seem to realize some things they accuse us of,...as individuals,...they too are doing, but on a much grander, societal scale. This whole "diversity awareness" that is being pushed within the corporate world, college campuses,...pretty much everywhere,...is not without some pushback from folks who just want everyone in their little world to be and act the same.

France, as of 2018, still considered autism a psychiatric condition, much to the horror of the rest of the world, and by autistics and their families within France,...I hope things are changing. So,...unfortunately, thoughts like this are not without some foundation,...even if that foundation is false.

Their use of the word psychopath,....
princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.gif

Last edited:
There was already a thread posted on this, a few if I remember right. I don't think digging up a can of worms is doing anybody here any good, what with a lot of the negativity that gets passed around here. Not only that, there are two sides to every story and you often only hear one side of it (made easier on the internet, of all places), so that already makes me a bit skeptical. The saying "it takes two to tango" comes to my mind when I see something like this, especially in what's supposed to be a relationship of some sort, but it looks like some people are more interested in something else.

Some people on the spectrum are jerks, make no mistake about it. That much has been proven before. Some people on the spectrum are not jerks at all (in fact, quite the opposite sometimes), despite the claims made by the author of that website and many others. I'd take anything they have to say with a grain of salt, apply some critical thinking and form your own judgments instead.

Last edited:
I just clicked on the "How to spot" page read the first paragraph and was already mad. It's funny because I feel the same exact way about these kinds of neurotypicals. They have no empathy, have no "theory of mind", and loving them seems almost impossible because they operate like psychopaths or sociopaths too.

Exactly my feelings.

The site is just a load of vacuous crap. I won't bother reading more, I have better things to do.

I found that site once by mistake. Them making those claims says a whole lot about them but not a whole lot about me. There will always be ignorant people. As the others have said, just ignore it.

Pay these no mind; they are another form of stupid. I get tired of the "all autistics are the equivalent of a human cinnamon roll" from the advocates but the "they're all gonna kill you" stuff is also really stupid.

Wait, this smacks of similarity to an autism hate site that was on the internet some time ago and I think it was called "Heartless Aspergers" or something like that. That site was put together allegedly by a female therapist who seemed to have been jilted by a man with asperger's and she seemed to make it her life's mission to "alert" other women by telling them that in her opinion basically all autistic men are toxic and not capable of being in relationships. That site no longer exists, but I wonder if this site you bring up is just a new incarnation of that other autism hate site.

Guess they need somewhere to vent lol

My husband has often said I lack empathy, because as soon as someone dies or injured, I tend to not react in the way neurotypicals expect, and yet, after a day, I tend to get sad and think of the person and my husband has forgotten and just gets on with life. So, what they do not realise, is that they are talking about SYMPATHY, which is very hard to achieve for us aspies. That emotion is temperary. And they are very good at that.

If you feed off this, you gave that site owner exactly what they were looking for.

My advice is to not even give that BS site a click-thru ;)

Sounds like to me the woman arm chair diagnosed them with autism. Just BS by NTs who hate on those with autism.

. . . run by an incredibly narcissistic woman whose entire function was pretty much to complain about her husband, using the excuse of "well he's autistic and it's terrible" as the cause of all of the problems between them.
That much seems transparent. But I wonder if having ease with social/emotional interactions, some NTs don't think that they need to work on their relationships. I never thought that and was prepared to work and support my relationship with my spouse from day one. My spouse seems to have some characteristics, like issues with tags on clothing, noises, and social reticence, but has far better people skills than me. I remember her great anxiety about having friends over, and so I put in a lot of effort to make things successful for her. We both work to be supportive, and while difficulties arise, we are invested in overcoming issues. We are now at the age where we face our mortality and I hope that it will be me who has to face the pain of life alone.

New Threads

Top Bottom