• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 5.08.34 AM.png

New toothbrushes.

Full disclosure: I only buy the black ones because I like the color. Purely an aesthetic consideration.

Last year:
-Lego Space Shuttle Discovery
-Lego Persevearance Mars Rover
-A lot of random Lego technic pieces from Bricklink.
-Books

This month:
- 8 more books
-Some music dvds (AC/DC Live at River Plate, Rainbow: Live at Munich 1977, Black Sabbath live 2023)
-Some cds

I really don't use Spotify, I do have a lot of music on my PC but the experience of physical media, the artwork, booklet, is something you don't have with digital downloads.

20240124_183814.jpg
20240124_183844.jpg

Sort of a freak.
But a fairly detailed one.
The #97 car in NASCAR in 1997 for the Inaugural run of Texas Motor Speedway was actually a Pontiac Grand Prix driven by Chad Little, not a Chevrolet Monte Carlo like this one :p

PlayStation VR2 and around a dozen or so games for it. I already got bored of 2024 and decided I wanted to go to 3024.

Attachments

• PSVR2.jpg
    PSVR2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 13
I bought this light bulb changer kit. You just attach these things to a long pole.

7121Fo4IVVL.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

And I was pleasantly surprised, it worked perfectly. So now I don't have to risk life and limb dangling on top of a 20 foot ladder to change bulbs. I recommend it, it's called Ettore Bulb Changer Kit, I bought it on Amazon. Very handy to have.

Last edited:
Something called "KABRIC Floor Primer". They said I can put this stuff on old linoleum floors, then paint it with a special paint and the floor will then not only look as new, the surface will be durable and the paint won't come off.

I'll be surprised if that's true. It's old linoleum on the floor in a laundry room. Not the easiest thing to paint and refurbish. But if it works it will save me a metric ton of work.

led kit.jpg

A multi function 32 foot color changing LED string light kit that will also respond to music for the tinyhouse

20240226_120155.jpg

A new Ryobi one+ system 7-1/4" brushless circular saw and two more new 4 aH batteries and a charger to add to the pile.

Definitely not contractor grade by any means, but should be extremely handy to have on hand.
I ended up with a full set of one+ tools with the older NMHD batteries then found out they were forward compatible with the better LiPo batteries.

Now I'm locked into the Ryobi system with many of the one+ tools I added along the way.
(yes, I own some Milwaukee, Black and Decker and Porter Cable tools too, but I'm a tool junkie as it is, so sue me) :p

A new Ryobi one+ system 7-1/4" brushless circular saw and two more new 4 aH batteries and a charger to add to the pile.

Huh, I was actually looking at circular saws two minutes ago before I came here now. I need one too. I'm going for Bosch, I like Bosch tools. I haven't tried Ryobi yet.

Huh, I was actually looking at circular saws two minutes ago before I came here now. I need one too. I'm going for Bosch, I like Bosch tools. I haven't tried Ryobi yet.

Bosch is a system with good reviews, I wish you luck with it.
A friend of mine upgraded his tool system and gave me a fairly nice set of of tools with the older battery setup.

As I said, they are not contractor duty but after buying another drill, impact driver charger with three batteries, I move forward from there.

Later I bought another brushless 1/2 inch drill, more 1.5aH batteries and then their killer 1/2 inch drive impact wrench lightly used on Ebay with a battery for $150.

Milwaukee was actually king of the hill when I bought it, but it would have been another $400 just to start and an entire new battery system to boot.
Buying the Ryobi was a no-brainer to me.
In all I only sacrificed about 330 pounds/feet of reverse torque by buying the Ryobi.
(it claims 1170 pounds/feet, which is much more than any pneumatic gun I ever owned)
My best pneumatics were the older Ingersol Rand NASCAR Thunder Guns in a garage duty case that outputted 500 pounds/feet of torque just for a reference ;)
One of them was rebuilt three times after it snapped the square drive off the anvil.
It is still in service to this day.

The saw claims up to 325 framing lumber cuts on a single 4 aH battery charge, so that's kind of impressive to me.

I bought two DVD box sets on Amazon. I saw them and told myself no, don't buy it, too expensive and you don't really need it. Then I noticed something, on both boxes it said "One Left". They had just one left of each one. And suddenly I had ordered them. I don't know what happened, it's all a blur. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom