• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

Some more movies on VUDU. I seriously need to curb that habit. Buying movies can be an addiction in itself. I watched most of them after I bought them, but still.

Some more movies on VUDU. I seriously need to curb that habit. Buying movies can be an addiction in itself. I watched most of them after I bought them, but still.

I'm thinking a real addiction is something that interferes with your life and livelihood to a degree that can ruin your life. Conversely a "passion" for something that doesn't interfere with the basics of life (relationships, work, rest, financial solvency, etc.) doesn't amount to an addiction, per se.

Movies, video games....etc. You go to work, you haven't been fired aren't broke ...so whatever else you do at home is your business. Right? You may be too hard on yourself over such considerations. But only you can really determine that.

I'm thinking a real addiction is something that interferes with your life and livelihood to a degree that can ruin your life. Conversely a "passion" for something that doesn't interfere with the basics of life (relationships, work, rest, financial solvency, etc.) doesn't amount to an addiction, per se.

Movies, video games....etc. You go to work, you haven't been fired aren't broke ...so whatever else you do at home is your business. Right?
You probably are correct. I am not broke and I am not missing work. Somehow I think owning over 3,000 movies between DVDs, BluRays, 4K disks and digital purchases is somewhat obscene, though, or maybe I am taking what my family is telling me too literally. I love movies and I take pride in my large library. I wish I had more people to share my library with in my living room/private theater, especially now that I have that comfortable couch.

You probably are correct. I am not broke and I am not missing work. Somehow I think owning over 3,000 movies between DVDs, BluRays, 4K disks and digital purchases is somewhat obscene, though, or maybe I am taking what my family is telling me too literally. I love movies and I take pride in my large library. I wish I had more people to share my library with in my living room/private theater, especially now that I have that comfortable couch.
That's what I call a passion. Beats the crap out of my 400 some-odd DVDs. Well done.

Especially if you are like me and appreciate such films that we have to see them over and over. I'm not a gamer much any more, but I still get the thrill. And despite enjoying first-person shooters, I never killed or shot anyone in my life. My bad!

So do what you enjoy....without regret. As long as you keep a roof over your head and haven't declared bankruptcy, whatever your special interests may be are sacred.

Somehow I think owning over 3,000 movies between DVDs, BluRays, 4K disks and digital purchases is somewhat obscene,...
It may not be the size of your collection that is bothering you as much as the ultimate discontent that Solomon expressed (in Ecclesiastes) for his amassed wealth...
full

Today - a Romoss 30000mAh power bank. And schooners of beer for me and a friend at the bowls club this afternoon. Almost forgot - a new battery for my car fitted by RACQ this evening.

A special pencil sharpener for carpenter pencils. I have never had one of those before, always just used a knife. But I think I'm at an age where I want something more fancy. :D

pencil.png

Last edited:
20240317_195627.jpg

Improved wood working square that scribes pencil lines in 1/8th inch increments, serves as a basic protractor and another pencil guide that does 16ths

20240317_195647.jpg

7 inch Knipex knockoff slip joint pliers.

Just discovered Temu and I am hooked ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom