• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing that made you cry...

Watching Batman Beyond and seeing one of the original Batman's iconic villains - Mr Freeze - finally meet his end after saving the new batman (Terry McGinnis) from the villain Blight.

Last edited:
My husband and kids came home. They went to his sister for the long weekend and I had four blissful days of no noise, no mess, no teenage smells. And then they came back with bagfuls of stinky, dog-hair-covered washing and loud voices and I cried for most of the afternoon. It sounds awful but I didn't miss them. I spoke to Andy more while he was away than when we're both home. Readjusting now, but once again it's been 50 hours since I last slept. Boo hiss.

Zootopia...When i saw the animals which turned savage I was reminded of my own struggle with mental illness!

A movie adaption of one of Raymond Brigg's books (the same author who wrote stories such as The Snowman and Fungus The Bogeyman), although this one is certainly not for kids or the fainthearted.

The story focuses on a British elderly couple called Jim and Hilda who live in the countryside. With the threat of the Cold war escalating, the couple begin to prepare using information from "Protect and Survive" leaflets provided by the government.
However, the couple still believe that the war will be fought like the Second World War and they can't fully understand that the war will be fought with nuclear weapons. Sure enough, a Soviet nuke hits England - which the couple manage to survive in their shelter.
The devastation and humiliation of surviving such an attack later becomes evident as the couple slowly begin to perish from radiation poisoning caused by the fallout, waiting for a rescue that may never come...

The story uses a mix of drawn animation similar to The Snowman and stop motion animation, with a mix of songs been played throughout from Genesis, Paul Hardcastle and Squeeze while the title song "When The Wind Blows" is performed by the late David Bowie.
As you can expect, the show has a lot of disturbing images despite been a cartoon as well as some bad language.

^I watched that when I was younger and don't think I grasped how dark and depressing it actually was.

I can't watch the videos of songs such as Abide with me or Amazing Grace without welling up, as I associate those particular songs with Funerals, same with the 1997 version of Sir Ellton John's "Candle in the Wind" which he recorded for Princess Diana's Funeral (and she's been dead 19 years in August, died same week as my Grandad, Mum's Dad).

It's so hard for me to cry. Even when I'm extremely sad, the best I can manage are moist eyes.

I hate crying anyway ... but sometimes it's cathartic. Just can't do it though.

I often substitute anger for tears.

I'm afraid it would take death or severe harm coming to someone I love before I'd cry again. I really don't like to think about it, as it makes me angry.

New Threads

Top Bottom