• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

kittybot

robot tiger
Hi all! I'm a 31-year-old transgender (nonbinary/agender) freelance artist who was recently diagnosed with ASD. I've put myself down as having Asperger's because, even though ASD is now considered one general classification under the DSM-5, my symptoms most closely fit this older classification. I especially enjoy art, psychology, The Dark Crystal, science fiction, and animals, and I love reading and learning about these topics. I'm a highly political person (leftist) but since political debate (outside of being related to autism) is against the rules here I will try avoid engaging in it. In addition to autism I also have C-PTSD, bipolar I, and generalized anxiety disorder, all of which I am being treated for. I try to be a positive activist in these fields and I'm looking forward to learning enough about autism to be active in that field as well. I'm currently reading The Autistic Brain by Temple Grandin (which my therapist gave me) and learning a lot about the biological underpinnings of autism. Hi!

Last edited by a moderator:
upload_2018-5-27_13-50-35.png

Hi Kittybot, welcome. I think Temple Grandin's brain is pretty unique but it does seem there's brain difference on the autistic spectrum. I hope you enjoy it here.

:dolphin::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::snowflake::dolphin::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::snowflake::dolphin::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::snowflake::dolphin::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::snowflake:

Thanks everyone! I'm gonna keep checking stuff out here, look forward to seeing you all around more!

New Threads

Top Bottom