• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The importance of rigorous exercise

I have known many promising young people who came to ruin from drug abuse. Many of them were bright but troubled at your age, but met with sad outcomes.

Peoples lives get ruined by all sorts of stupid stuff. There are gambling addicts who are more negligent parents than some speed freaks- addiction doesnt even have to be to a substance. 25% of people can quit nicotine easily, but others can have their lives ruined by something that isnt even a drug. Werent the people following Jim Jones out into the jungle just "chasing the dragon" as well?

Please get some help

Especially if you are bright enough to read philosophy and understand it. Learn to love yourself

I've forgotten how you complain to a moderator about offensive and inappropriate content, can someone remind me, as I want to complain about the content of the OP'S posts on this thread.

Right next to date and time is "Report". Click that and screen will pop up.

I think this is the first thread I've read from beginning to end.

Respect for the Tedpilled reference. I recently got given his manifesto as a birthday present from a friend. It's an interesting read and he brings up a lot of valid points. Published in 1995, and yet it feels more apt in 2021.

Shunning society and living in the wilderness seems to be something I've heard many people aspire to do. Ted actually did it. Can't see any sense in the bombings though. I mean, I could only imagine how distraught he'd be seeing the wilderness where he lived being destroyed by humans. But killing 3 people isn't going to change much.

I do find it strange how he was given 8 consecutive life sentences for killing 3 and injuring 23. Then again, a lot of US prison sentences seem to be overkill.

As for drugs and excessive exercise. The OP is 20. You're still young. I experimented with harder drugs at that age. Also, exercise wise - you don't tend to suffer so much with injuries and aches and pains at that age.

Using stuff to push your body further though - I think that will lead to unnatural stress to your body. If your body is tired - it's telling you to ease up. Chemically forcing it to go beyond it's comfort zone will probably get quicker results - such as body builders using steroids etc. But look how many of them die unnaturally young. A body exhibits fatigue for a reason - it's telling you to stop.

If you like to read there's a book regarding Autism and Addiction that you might find interesting - Drinking, Drug Use and Addiction in the Autism Community by Ann Palmer and Elizabeth Kunreuther. It's apt with regards to exercise too - people can become addicted to anything that makes them feel good. I think a lot with ASD can have a bit of an "all or nothing" approach in life.

Ed

This reads like another "here's this substance/cure/trick I found and I'm going to explain why I'm right and argue with everyone else" thread. That's all I've got to say.

Last edited:
"Some people use DHEA hoping it will increase endurance and muscle strength, increase energy, decrease fat, and boost immunity, but these effects have not been proven. Some athletes use DHEA but it is banned by the National Football League, Major League Baseball, the Olympics, and other athletic organizations."
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)

"Research on the effects of DHEA on muscle strength and physical performance had mixed results, but most studies indicate DHEA supplementation has no effect on muscle strength in younger or older adults. The National Collegiate Athletic Association has banned DHEA use among athletes."

"Use of DHEA also might worsen psychiatric disorders and increase the risk of mania in people who have mood disorders."
DHEA

Perhaps it's the strength of the belief that DHEA works more than the substance itself. Mind over matter can lead to some pretty impressive results - whether they be positive or negative.

I know I'd much rather have a moment of super human strength during a moment of crisis than years of aches and pains due to a stressed mind.

I never got the buzz that people talk about with exercise though. All I get it sweaty and occasionally a stitch. Staffing feels different and it's basically showing off, and so it's the attention I get from people that gives me the buzz.

Ed

See these articles: Exercising Yourself to Death: The Risk of Rhabdo (webmd.com)
Heart Risks Associated With Extreme Exercise – Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic

Further exercise can become an addiction. Not a fan of you using all these drugs but it is your life and your choice just stop pushing them on everyone else as if there were no down side to using them.

Personally I think you are self medicating which is what addictions are as a result of unhealthy coping mechanisms. I think you need help. Your choices are a recipe for disaster. I am a health care provider with nearly 40 years experience including treating addictions and am not just pulling this out of my ass. I am appalled by your posts.

Contemporary society has a very irrational fear of violence. I agree with Ted Kaczynski on this one.. People are becoming complascent wimps, and sonething needs to be done.
I recomend a book called "The Individual and his property" by Max Stirner, often mistranslated ads "the ego and its own."

Ted Kaczynski:
Between 1978 and 1995, he killed three people and injured 23 others in a nationwide bombing campaign against people he believed to be advancing modern technology and the destruction of the environment. He issued a social critique opposing industrialization and advocating a nature-centered form of anarchism. Kaczynski's critiques of civilization bear some similarities to anarcho-primitivism, but Kaczynski rejected and criticized anarcho-primitivist views.
Ted Kaczynski - Wikipedia

Johann Kaspar Schmidt (October 25, 1806 – June 26, 1856), better known as Max Stirner, was a German philosopher, who ranks as one of the literary grandfathers of nihilism, existentialism, post-modernism and anarchism, especially of individualist anarchism.

In The Ego and Its Own, Stirner launched a radical anti-authoritarian and individualist critique of contemporary Prussian society, and modern western society. He offered an approach to human existence which depicted the self as a creative non-entity, beyond language and reality.
Max Stirner - New World Encyclopedia

I started researching alternatives, which includes not only noptropics amd supplements but also running an electromagnet up and down my skull and tripping balls on salvia, mushrooms and ether.

I'm guessing "noptropics" is a typo for "nootropics."

"Nootropics (colloquial: smart drugs and cognitive enhancers) are drugs, supplements, and other substances that are claimed to improve cognitive function, particularly executive functions, memory, creativity, or motivation, in healthy individuals."

"Nootropics are frequently advertised with unproven claims of effectiveness at improving cognition."
Nootropic - Wikipedia

Nootropics, or ‘Smart Drugs,’ Are Gaining Popularity. But Should You Take Them?

10 Things an Electromagnetic Field Can Do to Your Brain
Possible Effects of Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Field Exposure on Central Nerve System

"Salvia divinorum, or salvia for short, is an herb in the mint family that’s often used for its hallucinogenic effects."
What Is Salvia? Use, Effects, Risks, and More
Salvia divinorum - Wikipedia

To the OP, you sound perhaps a bit taken with your substances, and you can't in good consciousness suggest that to us at this forum. Maybe you should find a workout/exercise forum where people are more sympathetic to your experimentation and will swap stories chasing the highs with you and so on. Good luck, stay safe.

Lift too many weight poles and you turn into a troll. ☺

I am just waiting for you to talk about Manson and Huffing.

Forgive me @tree for l have sinned. I am going to stand in my corner. Lol

Now that I've actually read the thread, I'll just say that I did those kinds of drugs and read philosophy when I was your age. I eventually realized the drugs weren't worth it and the philosophy is nearly all drivel.

Now that I've actually read the thread, I'll just say that I did those kinds of drugs and read philosophy when I was your age. I eventually realized the drugs weren't worth it and the philosophy is nearly all drivel.

I think Niwtzsche is very interesting.

Sometimes you have weird case scenarios or questions in life such as:

Is it better to be selfish or altruistic, competitive or collaborative?

Being Autistic and faking it for so many years I have no energy for physical exercise anymore.

I think Niwtzsche is very interesting.

Sometimes you have weird case scenarios or questions in life such as:

Is it better to be selfish or altruistic, competitive or collaborative?

I think that depends on what your definition of ‘better’ is. From a wide-angle perspective, or a utilitarian one, the correct answers are ‘altruistic’ and ‘collaborative’.

If we’re talking ‘for the individual in isolation’ then arguments can be made for taking more risks - but not necessarily for being more competitive or more selfish.

After all, the winners in Game Theory are the psychopaths - and many of them are pretty benevolent.

New Threads

Top Bottom