• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The importance of rigorous exercise

I workout multiple hours a day. I may even be physically dependant on it since I cant eat in the morning before getting my sets in. But that is, of course worth it due to the tremendous benefits of it.
Excercise releases multiple mood and cognitive enhancing chemicals into the brain such as Testosterone, endogenous opioids, endogenous cannabinoids, and phenylethylamine. All of these tend to produce Euphoria in high amounts, but the most continuous benefit comes from increased testosterone, as testosterone suppresses cortisol (and cortisol shuts down the frontal lobe), increases confidence, drive and motivation, and makes socialization easier.
This can be accelerated through the use of DHEA, which allowed me to grow more than 10 pounds of muscle in 2 months. This has the benefit of making workouts easier, allowing you to push them farther, triggering the transformation of more DHEA into Testosterone at an accelerating rate. (Testosterone has been proven to cause the release of dopamone and serotonin)
This higher level of physical exercise will also lead to higher levels of the other chemicals, which will amplify the anxiolytic and antidepressant effect.
My workout routine mostly relies on super sets, which is rapidly alternating between muscle groups to use the excess adrenalin and phenylethylamine to make your next set easier. Now that I am in the routine of this I can start the day with working out rather than relying on heavy amounts of coffee like I had to in the begining.

This now brings me to the use of stimulants such as caffiene, theobromine, theanine, phenylethylamine and adrafinil. These will also allow ypu to push your body further than you otherwise could (cannabis also seems to have a stimulant like preformance enhancing effect at low doses.)
Regular cardiovascular, anabolic and endurance exercises also increase the strength of your heart and cardiovascular system, which makes exercise easier as well as allowing you to consume yet more coffee without fear of having a heart attack.
The end result of using heavy amounts of preformance enhancers, to the poimt where you would never have been able to push your body half as far, is the accumulation of endogenous opioids and cannabinoids (which act as positive alloseric modulators of opioid receptors.) On some occasions I swear I nodded out for a few moments like someone would on heroin (which I do not recomend).

In any case, even once this initial "runners high" wears off (with Phenylethylamine, which makes it basically a speed ball, wearing off in about 10 to 15 minutes) you still retain elevated testosterone levels which, as mentioned before, blocks cortisol, triggers the release of dopamine and serotonin, improves confidence and drive, etc.

Will you quit pushing dope? It's getting really old. Of course you can't eat. And you're probably moving around so much that you're all skinny and wiry.

You need to cut it out now.

I'll just say one thing here, not just to the OP, but to anyone reading this:

Be very, VERY careful with exercise. High amounts of it, I mean. The idea of trying to go real hard at it is great and all... until, suddenly, it isnt. And once it hits that abrupt point where it stops being okay... you're kinda screwed.

Worse though, and what people at a young age dont grasp until later (at which point they'll DESPERATELY wish they had grasped it) is that going too hard can also cause invisible damage over time. It may take a few years for that damage to become noticed, but once it is noticed, well... I'll put it this way: when it happened to me, my arm got so messed up that I couldnt use a computer mouse for about 2 freaking years. I had to rig up a game controller to do it.

EVEN worse, once this stuff gets going, it's typically permanent. You dont just magically heal from this nonsense. In many cases, you dont heal at all. It becomes a recurring problem that never. Ever. EVER. Goes away. Not unless you want major surgery... which probably still wont quite do it. I myself have been going to physical therapy for years now... it's not likely to ever end. Best part: PT usually hurts. Quite a bit. But the problem will hurt even more without it... any idea how much freaking Advil I go through? Ugh....

My father in particular has always been the sort to push himself like this... he discovered all of these things the hard way. I myself had zero interest in sports or any of that nonsense, but did certain things that, all these years later, I recognize as being the equivalent of certain types of rather hard exercise, and I did those things a whole bunch of times per day. Granted, I kinda had no choice... thank you high school. For yet another stupid useless result...

And no, this stuff isnt the sort of thing that wont happen until you're 60 or something. It all hit me at 27, right around there.

If you want to REALLY make a big thing out of exercise... DO NOT do it on your own. Talk with a professional, someone who is properly trained in all of this (and no, reading about it on the internet or in books absolutely does not count).

Also: No, dont use caffeine to push yourself. Just... just dont. You'll regret THAT later too. Take it from someone who already went through that particular nightmare. And I dont even want to think of what could happen from using OTHER things to push yourself...

Be very, VERY careful with exercise. High amounts of it, I mean. The idea of trying to go real hard at it is great and all... until, suddenly, it isnt. And once it hits that abrupt point where it stops being okay... you're kinda screwed.

Worse though, and what people at a young age dont grasp until later (at which point they'll DESPERATELY wish they had grasped it) is that going too hard can also cause invisible damage over time. It may take a few years for that damage to become noticed, but once it is noticed, well... I'll put it this way: when it happened to me, my arm got so messed up that I couldnt use a computer mouse for about 2 freaking years. I had to rig up a game controller to do it.

EVEN worse, once this stuff gets going, it's typically permanent. You dont just magically heal from this nonsense. In many cases, you dont heal at all. It becomes a recurring problem that never. Ever. EVER. Goes away. Not unless you want major surgery... which probably still wont quite do it. I myself have been going to physical therapy for years now... it's not likely to ever end. Best part: PT usually hurts. Quite a bit. But the problem will hurt even more without it... any idea how much freaking Advil I go through? Ugh....

My father in particular has always been the sort to push himself like this... he discovered all of these things the hard way. I myself had zero interest in sports or any of that nonsense, but did certain things that, all these years later, I recognize as being the equivalent of certain types of rather hard exercise, and I did those things a whole bunch of times per day. Granted, I kinda had no choice... thank you high school. For yet another stupid useless result...

And no, this stuff isnt the sort of thing that wont happen until you're 60 or something. It all hit me at 27, right around there.

If you want to REALLY make a big thing out of exercise... DO NOT do it on your own. Talk with a professional, someone who is properly trained in all of this (and no, reading about it on the internet or in books absolutely does not count).

Also: No, dont use caffeine to push yourself. Just... just dont. You'll regret THAT later too. Take it from someone who already went through that particular nightmare. And I dont even want to think of what could happen from using OTHER things to push yourself...
He's using other stuff to push himself. He was just on here yesterday touting the miracles of meth and how he's found a legal alternative. This is his third post where he advertises dope.

Will you quit pushing dope? It's getting really old. Of course you can't eat. And you're probably moving around so much that you're all skinny and wiry.

You need to cut it out now.

Im pushing exercise. Most
He's using other stuff to push himself. He was just on here yesterday touting the miracles of meth and how he's found a legal alternative. This is his third post where he advertises dope.

Meth is a neurotoxin, PEA is in cacao. I even used to get my PEA from these massive 72% chocolate bars at trader joes. I would eat half a pound a day. Thats equivalent to roughly 2,000 mg Phenylethylamine per day, more thwn I am capable of ingesting in supplement form given its nastiness.
Also, that one time I did meth was specifically to go beat some guy up for robbing my brother and I. I wouldnt have done it otherwise, up until then I thought all amphetamine like substances were pure evil and only good for beating people up. I changed my mind about the class of drugs because I found that its effects were very different from advertised

I listen to my body- but exhaustion stops being a factor with caffiene. Also excessive Excercise can cause damage to the muscles and hernias so you should definately stop at a certain point.

This can be accelerated through the use of DHEA, which allowed me t

This now brings me to the use of stimulants such as caffiene, theobromine, theanine, phenylethylamine and adrafinil.

What are all those things? You seem well read. I dont approve of the use of stimulants. But then I am not an athlete.

I would echo the above from
@Misery who suggests moderation

I think you were trying to promote the use of drugs here before and suggesting that people take supplements in addition to, or in leu of medication

Perhaps it would be more well received if you were talking about what you do and why, rather than suggesting that others follow the advice of a twenty year old man on how to manage their health

You lost me at meth. Not sure is l really want to bring this into exercise regime.

Also, that one time I did meth was specifically to go beat some guy up for robbing my brother and I. I wouldnt have done it otherwise, up until then I thought all amphetamine like substances were pure evil and only good for beating people up.

So now you are admitting to being a violent man, I thought that might be an issue.

What was the issue surrounding the conflict and robbery DJ? Perhaps a debt?

Do you like beating people up generally or is it mostly just for good reason?

Also, that one time I did meth was specifically to go beat some guy up for robbing my brother and I. I wouldnt have done it otherwise, up until then I thought all amphetamine like substances were pure evil and only good for beating people up. I changed my mind about the class of drugs because I found that its effects were very different from advertised

Heavy exercise and amphetamines? You could have a heart attack. Don’t do that.

Like, just don’t.

Your body will tell you when to stop.

That's the thing:

No. It wont.

I used the word "invisible" for a reason earlier. I made the mistake that I made over... and over... and over... and over. My body never told me to stop. Never. Same with my father, but HE did it far, FAR worse than I did (he was a long-time runner, many marathons, lots of training, ALWAYS tended to push too far).

Here, let me use an example just to help show what I mean. You know what Carpel Tunnel Syndrome is, right? People who work at a computer a lot, typing and clicking, they have a very high chance of getting it. Unfortunate in today's world, I think we can all agree on that.

Here's the thing though: NORMALLY, typing and clicking doesnt hurt... even if you do it all day. You wont feel that strain, that pain. It's not "telling you to stop". Even people who work at a computer, developing software during freaking crunch time (when hours per week could hit a ridiculous 80, 90, or even 100) wont feel it. Oh, the damage IS being done... but most wont feel it.

In fact, once you hit a point where it suddenly IS "telling you to stop"... it's already too late. The damage has been done, over a long period of time, and now, NOW, you're facing your first flare-up. First of many. MANY. Again, I called it "invisible damage over time" for a reason. You WILL NOT notice this type of damage... not until the point of no return has been crossed.

And that's when the doctor visits, PT stuff, and fun medical bills (and medical PILLS) begin.

Believe me: It's not worth it. Just to give you an idea, think of things you really like doing, hobbies you really enjoy, whatever. You like going for walks, maybe? Going for a jog?

Well, now imagine very abruptly not being able to do that, because on a particular day you CAN BARELY FREAKING WALK. Range of motion is gone, and the pain level is overwhelming. You're flared up, that day... and you can expect more of these "fun" days in the future, once this starts. Dont worry, these flare-ups clear in a couple of days... but they'll be back. They'll always be back.

ON TOP OF THAT, in that situation, you now constantly have to be careful of your movements. The wrong movement can mean an instant flare-up. And I do mean "instant". A very sudden flash of horrible pain, and then... yeah, you're not gonna be doing much walking for the rest of the day. Or probably tomorrow, a flareup can take awhile to clear. And it'll be back, sooner or later.

That's just that one VARIATION of this sort of issue, the one I personally deal with. There are others... some quite a bit worse than what I've been through.

Exercise is great, dont get me wrong. It really is. There's no denying its importance! But TOO MUCH exercise, as my physical therapist (and also my doctor) has warned me about MANY times, will stop being HELPful, and start being HURTful. Past a certain point, you're not growing stronger anymore... you're ONLY doing damage for that session. You may think you're getting muscled up, bulking up, and yada yada yada, and probably you are, but... on each session where you take it too far, push the boundaries... you're "bulking up" that invisible damage, too.

That muscle mass is great and all, but... if you end up with the sorts of problems I have? You arent going to be USING it much. Because you wont be able to. Not without a flare-up... and another... and another...

So now you are admitting to being a violent man, I thought that might be an issue.

What was the issue surrounding the conflict and robbery DJ? Perhaps a debt?

Do you like beating people up generally or is it mostly just for good reason?

Contemporary society has a very irrational fear of violence. I agree with Ted Kaczynski on this one.. People are becoming complascent wimps, and sonething needs to be done.
I recomend a book called "The Individual and his property" by Max Stirner, often mistranslated ads "the ego and its own."

That's the thing:

No. It wont.

I used the word "invisible" for a reason earlier. I made the mistake that I made over... and over... and over... and over. My body never told me to stop. Never. Same with my father, but HE did it far, FAR worse than I did (he was a long-time runner, many marathons, lots of training, ALWAYS tended to push too far).

Here, let me use an example just to help show what I mean. You know what Carpel Tunnel Syndrome is, right? People who work at a computer a lot, typing and clicking, they have a very high chance of getting it. Unfortunate in today's world, I think we can all agree on that.

Here's the thing though: NORMALLY, typing and clicking doesnt hurt... even if you do it all day. You wont feel that strain, that pain. It's not "telling you to stop". Even people who work at a computer, developing software during freaking crunch time (when hours per week could hit a ridiculous 80, 90, or even 100) wont feel it. Oh, the damage IS being done... but most wont feel it.

In fact, once you hit a point where it suddenly IS "telling you to stop"... it's already too late. The damage has been done, over a long period of time, and now, NOW, you're facing your first flare-up. First of many. MANY. Again, I called it "invisible damage over time" for a reason. You WILL NOT notice this type of damage... not until the point of no return has been crossed.

And that's when the doctor visits, PT stuff, and fun medical bills (and medical PILLS) begin.

Believe me: It's not worth it. Just to give you an idea, think of things you really like doing, hobbies you really enjoy, whatever. You like going for walks, maybe? Going for a jog?

Well, now imagine very abruptly not being able to do that, because on a particular day you CAN BARELY FREAKING WALK. Range of motion is gone, and the pain level is overwhelming. You're flared up, that day... and you can expect more of these "fun" days in the future, once this starts. Dont worry, these flare-ups clear in a couple of days... but they'll be back. They'll always be back.

ON TOP OF THAT, in that situation, you now constantly have to be careful of your movements. The wrong movement can mean an instant flare-up. And I do mean "instant". A very sudden flash of horrible pain, and then... yeah, you're not gonna be doing much walking for the rest of the day. Or probably tomorrow, a flareup can take awhile to clear. And it'll be back, sooner or later.

That's just that one VARIATION of this sort of issue, the one I personally deal with. There are others... some quite a bit worse than what I've been through.

Exercise is great, dont get me wrong. It really is. There's no denying its importance! But TOO MUCH exercise, as my physical therapist (and also my doctor) has warned me about MANY times, will stop being HELPful, and start being HURTful. Past a certain point, you're not growing stronger anymore... you're ONLY doing damage for that session. You may think you're getting muscled up, bulking up, and yada yada yada, and probably you are, but... on each session where you take it too far, push the boundaries... you're "bulking up" that invisible damage, too.

That muscle mass is great and all, but... if you end up with the sorts of problems I have? You arent going to be USING it much. Because you wont be able to. Not without a flare-up... and another... and another...

Foc
That's the thing:

No. It wont.

I used progressive overload- gradual increase in strain over time, just wait until your curremt regimen is easy WITHOUT preformance enhances then move it up.
That was always the way I did it, with a day of relatively little activity after I increased the regimen.

New Threads

Top Bottom