• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Horror Genre

Have you ever seen Creepshow?
It's a 1982 Horror Anthology Film that is directed by George Romero, the effects are done by Tom Savini (who has a cameo in the film) and the Screenplay - along with two of the stories - are done by Stephen King (who plays the main character in one of the stories)
The film itself was made to emulate the horror comics of the 50s and 60s, with Savini doing the comic book style effects.

Here's the trailer:
No! It’s on my watchlist now :)

I like horror video games and films mostly. I think I mostly like playing/watching them so I can see people overcome harsh realities.

Some horror games I like:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Layers of Fear
Project ZERO / Fatal Frame series
SOMA
The Long Dark (not exactly a horror game but it has made me scream plenty lol)
Outlast

I'm not big on the traditional slasher type films like The Hills Have Eyes, or documentary type scary films like The Blair Witch Project and similar (I tend to find them very boring). I like the films with tension, and supernatural elements are often present. Horror films often make me laugh, and I enjoy seeing how the creative team work out how to tell the story of the film.

Some films I enjoyed were:
Paranormal Activity
The Conjuring
The Grudge
SAW
It Follows
The Taking of Deborah Logan
and Lights Out... since I'm bringing this film up, I found the festival short it was based on scarier than the cinema film. You can watch it here, if you dare, hehe! :tongueout:

Also, since bringing up YouTube, I also think this is freaky but cool:

I really enjoyed The Ring when I first saw it, and became engrossed with it so much that I read the novel, the manga graphic novels, watched most of the other films in the series (Japanese and American versions), and what not. I liked comparing them all, seeing what they changed to make the story work in the medium they were working with.

There's loads I still want to see or play...

New Threads

Top Bottom