• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The heart of AS

She could have sat by the crib and stroked your hair, used soft touches instead of putting your whole weight on an area no bigger than her hands. Can I recommend "Trauma and Recovery" by Judith Herman? Helped me quite a lot.

She had no idea what to do. I never asked if she talked to anyone about it.

I can look into that book. I find it hard to understand how it might help since I was a baby and don't really remember. I could swear I remember the feelings I had, though, as strange as that seems.

It is "common knowledge" that we don't start forming memories before we are toddlers, but I think when scientists made that statement they didn't account for Aspies. I remember my first daycarer (or professional babysitter); I spent my days at her house from right after I turned one to right after I turned two.

Actually, I find the theory that we have more Cro Magnon genes than NTs to make a lot of sense. It would even explain why there are varying degrees of autism, since the amount of CM genes would obviously be a variable.

Yeah I got my own version,

1. Sounds lights smells etc I got problem waring all kinds of clothes.

well I have my own aspie traits

top one's are
1. I do not like people who smoke
2. People who use bad language or abusive words I hate that word "f** sounds like non-Aspie and non-intellectual
3. I do not like people who eat meat
4. I do not like people who drink wine/alcohol any related drinks
5. there are many more which I won't tell it here.. I hate people who lie to me so I never lie to others.
6. people who do not respect girls (who add bad comments about them)
7. I got bullied by my teachers as a DULLER and Failure so I do not like to be called by anyone again or underestimated by others.
8. I do not like to gossip or talk about movie stars or directors or celebrities stupid life style gossips why one won't talk about their own study or passion or creativity
9. I get social anxiety when I see people having friends and relationships...
there are many more.

This is the reason why I do not get friends.

Last edited:
KiranKai,

I don't think your list is even very unusual, much less weird enough to scare off friends. Or are you saying you avoid most people because they show traits that you don't like?

It is "common knowledge" that we don't start forming memories before we are toddlers, but I think when scientists made that statement they didn't account for Aspies. I remember my first daycarer (or professional babysitter); I spent my days at her house from right after I turned one to right after I turned two.

While it's not clear that babies consciously remember things in the same way that we do, there is definitely the ability for some type of memory even before birth. Memory in Fetus, Dutch Doctors Say - ABC News

New Threads

Top Bottom