• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Ghostbusters reboot didn't even stand a chance

GoofKing

All your bases are belong to us
I can tell just by the trailer from Sony Pictures that this movie isn't going to be for me. The like/dislike ratio shows that I'm not the only one who's disappointed by this. The main problem with it for me is that the jokes aren't the least bit funny. When a movie trailer focuses on the jokes instead of the actual story, you know it's going to be a stinker. I don't have a problem with the all female cast and think it could work if it was written better. For me, this is just a movie lazily written to be sold. I predict that the movie is going to be 90% jokes and very little story.

It's sad how they crap on the original Ghostbusters and totally ignore the original's charming comedy and replaced it with cheap jokes that isn't out of place of a modern day Adam Sandler movie. It's not un-watchable but I'm going to wait till it comes out on DVD or on TV. I ain't going to pay $15 to see this in theaters. :/

Sony of course are doing their part in censoring all negative comments on the video and rumors have it that they are using bots to put positive comments on the linked trailer. That's really, really sad Sony. :|

Sony, if your going to sell crap learn to take it back ! I think this one is going to flop and die before it hits the theaters. I know I shouldn't judge a movie before it's even released in theaters but I'm disappointed and think it should have been written better at least and had more effort put into this.

Reboots are always questionable endevors to me. Perhaps even more risky then sequels. One, they show a lack of originality and two they have to compete not only against other films in general but also against themselves (earlier version).

It can work, and work well. For example (in my opinion) Batman Begins. But I suspect what makes a reboot work best is having a distinctly new interpretation. The actors/actresses are probably the most important element, what they bring that is new/different and quality. The Director & Screenplay writer are very close behind of course. Really all three elements have to make at least a strong showing.

To tell you the truth I'm not going to go see this movie,I'm getting tired of Hollywood remaking movies that are great as they are and it seems like they are trying to "improve" on the originals,there are a lot of books out there that could be made into movies but sadly they think that reboots are easier to do.

tumblr_o3h0dpjdju1ueldjho1_500.jpg

:p

I'm going to give it a chance and probably check it out in the cinema anyway.

No, it's probably not as good as the old movies, but still... I don't mind giving it a shot. Probably on tuesday when theatres here have "family day" which means movies are like 5 bucks to see... which seems about right for a movie anyway, lol

New Threads

Top Bottom