• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Christmas Thread

Do you like Pie or Cake?

• I like pie, pie you can have anything in it. It’s so yummy!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I like cake, cake is so nice. It’s so yummy!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I like both.

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • I don’t like any.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other option. Pines

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cake and Pie! And Brownies! And Cookies! And YES!

That over with...

I love Christmas because it's a special time I spend with family and my boys. While I'm not happy with all of my family (different socio-political stances, and I'll leave it at that) it is a time for us to push that aside and have fun together. I bought two of my family Christmas movies so we could watch them on the Apple TV, if it's on my brother's day off, I get to see him, and of course the biggie!: I get to spend time with my children!

They don't live with me, and I always have to schedule time with their parents (they've been adopted by my ex-in-laws) to see them, and drive about 30-45 min to do so. Since I can't seem to drive that far thanks to anxiety, I always have to work it out with my ex-husband to go see them. But for Christmas, they come here and I get to share everything I have with them, instead of just what I can carry. And this year for the first time I can be proud to show my younger son my bedroom, since it's been tidied and organized.

Not to mention, I love getting gifts for them, even when I don't have much to spend. And they've grown into very much being individuals now, that like to share some things but also have their own interests, so I rarely get the same thing or sharing things for the two of them now. I have to actually think about what each of them would like. Thankfully, I do keep up with my boys so I know what they like!

I'm not totally big on family holidays other than seeing my boys and my brother. My mom also really stresses out about putting a party together. She's a social butterfly, but everything has to go right. She loves the party once it's going, but she gets total anxiety until then.

Did you seriously have us choose between pie and cake? Good thing there is a "I like both." option, or else that'll be a difficult choice, lol.

Anyways, that's interesting. I never felt alone during XMas. Mostly because I have always spent it with my family, since I'm still a teenager. And my family is amazing!

When celebrating Christmas, it's usually either just my immediate family and me plus my Aunt (who lives in the same state as me, basically only other family member besides my brother's girlfriend and my girlfriend who lives in this state) at our house. I usually put on a Santa hat and pass around presents to everybody most years, but my brother sometimes helps me out with the heavier presents.

There is a also a chance that I see my family from Michigan in two ways for Christmas: Either we go to Michigan to see them (which is rare, my Mom hates Michigan in the Winter), or they come to us to hang out. The latter is what is happening. My grandparents are coming to see us for XMas, and I can't wait! I love my grandfather's hugs, and my grandmother's cooking and baking.

Also, CS:GO is now free-to-play, so I guess that you can call it an early XMas present from Valve?

I can also relate to the cat thing, since my sister's cat is actually more crazy, and has attempted to lay down in the most inopportune moments.

Such as when I'm playing a game (he ONLY does this when I play shooters for some reason, BTW), I could be chilling, killing, and winning a round like a boss, and then, suddenly, my sister's cat comes out of nowhere, and then runs onto and then lays on my keyboard, causing my character to chuck all three grenades randomly, which either A. Makes me accidentally kill myself in-game, B. Just straight-up wastes them all, or C. I actually get lucky and get a few kills for it.

And then that also causes the other players to see the weirdest, most gibberish-filled game chat messages EVER.

He has also layed down on the keyboard before I played a game, even covering the WASD keys, as if to say, "Nah, you've played enough games on this PC, you had enough. Screw you, Josh."

Cats are weird.

Last edited:
Depends on what kind of pie and what kind of cake. Chocolate pie yes. Chocolate cake yes. Coconut pie no. cake with coconut no. most cakes yes. some pies yes.

I don't like coconut, either, unless it is fresh, as in cracked open and scraped out of the shell in front of me. It's a texture aversion for me. I hate tapioca, too.

Did you seriously have us choose between pie and cake? Good thing there is a "I like both." option, or else that'll be a difficult choice, lol.

Anyways, that's interesting. I never felt alone during XMas. Mostly because I have always spent it with my family, since I'm still a teenager. And my family is amazing!

When celebrating Christmas, it's usually either just my immediate family and me plus my Aunt (who lives in the same state as me, basically only other family member besides my brother's girlfriend and my girlfriend who lives in this state) at our house. I usually put on a Santa hat and pass around presents to everybody most years, but my brother sometimes helps me out with the heavier presents.

There is a also a chance that I see my family from Michigan in two ways for Christmas: Either we go to Michigan to see them (which is rare, my Mom hates Michigan in the Winter), or they come to us to hang out. The latter is what is happening. My grandparents are coming to see us for XMas, and I can't wait! I love my grandfather's hugs, and my grandmother's cooking and baking.

Also, CS:GO is now free-to-play, so I guess that you can call it an early XMas present from Valve?

I can also relate to the cat thing, since my sister's cat is actually more crazy, and has attempted to lay down in the most inopportune moments.

Such as when I'm playing a game (he ONLY does this when I play shooters for some reason, BTW), I could be chilling, killing, and winning a round like a boss, and then, suddenly, my sister's cat comes out of nowhere, and then runs onto and then lays on my keyboard, causing my character to chuck all three grenades randomly, which either A. Makes me accidentally kill myself in-game, B. Just straight-up wastes them all, or C. I actually get lucky and get a few kills for it.

And then that also causes the other players to see the weirdest, most gibberish-filled game chat messages EVER.

He has also layed down on the keyboard before I played a game, even covering the WASD keys, as if to say, "Nah, you've played enough games on this PC, you had enough. Screw you, Josh."

Cats are weird.
Yes. Yes I did. I was going to just have three options, that didn’t include both by the way but I felt that was a little unfair.

I’ve always spent Christmas with my family too. So, it’s a little sad for me to realize that maybe I might have a time when I’m on my own. Especially considering my sibling has grown very distant this year. I really don’t understand what is happening there, very confused.

That sounds like a lovely Christmas.

I play a well known game online, and one time I was healing in a heroic and ended up with one of my cats (at the time I had two) trying to “help” by scratching at the screen. Before blocking it. Wouldn’t move. And we wiped. Then he walked and sat on the keyboard, I was lucky that when I explained after taking him off that the group were ok with it. So yes, I can relate to that. Cats are weird.

I agree! I’m impatiently awaiting the first proper snowfall here. I like to go out at night, after 10 when barely anything is open or around just to take it all in. It’s lovely.
I live in South Carolina. I don't remember what snow even looks like!

Just a bunch of rain for me.

I actually do like xmass. Just not in the same way before.
Just seeing the sparkeling christmass lights makes me feel a bit calm.
The smells, food and scents makes me feel excited.
We never really did presents, but this year we will and to be honest: I like making people feel nice.
But this year, it will be a bit difficult for me, in consideration that the most important person for me is not around.
I don't like xmas music that much, but I do like the vibe.

New Threads

Top Bottom