• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Brave Little Toaster :)

You should've said, "What's a blockbuster video?" just to make @RobZombiefan feel old. ;)

I on the other hand am apparently old enough I have no idea what this brave little toaster is we're talking about. :confused:

I see,

If you want, you can look up The Brave Little Toaster " if you like, you don't have to ;)

That was a favorite film of my daughter for a while, and I liked it too. It was both a kids and adult film in a way I thought. I made some of the characters for her out of Skulpy with wire armatures. Skulpy is like clay and it hardens by heating it in the oven. Then I painted them and they came out quite nice. Though I had to do the Lamp character twice to get it right.

Nice, that is so amazing of you ! Did your daughter and your kids like it ?

I see it as just a kids film but I for sure am obsessed with the film so much !

✨

Nice ! I love anime too and the art style but I don't watch it
Sometimes topics are so uncomfortable they trigger me. The most recent, dealing with social isolation, self hatred, friendship, forgiveness, and redemption, Koe No Katachi, A Silent Voice, was a roller coaster of emotions for me.

Sometimes topics are so uncomfortable they trigger me. The most recent, dealing with social isolation, self hatred, friendship, forgiveness, and redemption, Koe No Katachi, A Silent Voice, was a roller coaster of emotions for me.

Oh, I see

Yea, anime has made me feel uncomfortable before too but there is alota more anime out there that have little to no conservative topics

I see,

If you want, you can look up The Brave Little Toaster " if you like, you don't have to ;)

Lol, apparently it isn't something I'm too old for.. 1987 would've been right in the middle of my childhood. I just for some reason never heard of it.

Oh, I see

Yea, anime has made me feel uncomfortable before too but there is alota more anime out there that have little to no conservative topics
Conservative topics? Could you illuminate that? The topics in Koe No Katachi, the values that win out, seem to me very humanist and ethical. If it impacts even one person to think about acceptance of those who are different, then I applaud it.

It looks like my kind of flick. I hadn't heard of it, probably since I was 29yo when it opened. I did enjoy movies like this that I watched with my kids in this century, Cars, Wall-E, etc.

Conservative topics? Could you illuminate that? The topics in Koe No Katachi, the values that win out, seem to me very humanist and ethical. If it impacts even one person to think about acceptance of those who are different, then I applaud it.
That is super amazing !! What is the main theme behind it ?

It looks like my kind of flick. I hadn't heard of it, probably since I was 29yo when it opened. I did enjoy movies like this that I watched with my kids in this century, Cars, Wall-E, etc.

I see, I used to be intesively obsessed with Cars but Wall-E, I rlly love the design of it and its extremely cute owo

You should've said, "What's a blockbuster video?" just to make @RobZombiefan feel old. ;)
Lol. I have a very clear memory of Blockbuster! Must mean I’m getting old too.

This movie came out a few years before I was born, but for some reason I have a mental image of seeing at least part of it on tv around Christmastime in like 1998. Idk how or why I remember that or why I specifically remember it being Christmas!! But I haven’t seen the whole movie and sadly I don’t remember any detail of it.

That is super amazing !! What is the main theme behind it ?
Koe No Katachi is about acceptance and redemption. In middle school a boy bullies a deaf girl and as a result becomes socially isolated. The trailer:

It is not a fast paced movie, but unfolds at a luxurious pace that provides ample time to reflect. Watching, I always have a good cry as it triggers thoughts of previous social isolation. 95% fresh on rotten tomatoes, and I am so angry that the inane Boss Baby won best animation feature over this and Kimi No Na Wah, Your Name.

Last edited:
Love, love, love the original from 1987! My 5 y.o. son does too lol Just goes to show that this movie never gets old!

I loved this movie as a kid. It also has some music by Van Dyke Parks, too, who is a favorite of mine.

Lol. I have a very clear memory of Blockbuster! Must mean I’m getting old too.

That and renting them at the gas station.

New Threads

Top Bottom