• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

teenager with autism

Mycroft.Holmes

Hi,

I am 17 and have ASD and have problems with being social. I have not met people with similar problems who are around my age group. I am looking to connect with others and hoping to make some Friends.

Hi,

I am 17 and have ASD and have problems with being social. I have not met people with similar problems who are around my age group. I am looking to connect with others and hoping to make some Friends.

Pretty much everyone on this forum is dealing with the same issues that you got. You're no stranger here.

The only difference between me and a seventeen year old is that I've been seventeen longer :rolleyes: For 9 years! :D So according to "the government" I'm actually 26. Whatever. :cool:

Hey,

I’m Kate, I’m 16 and I’m proud to say I am bisexual and have recently been diagnosed with high-functioning autism.

My main issue is interpreting and expressing emotions.
Sometimes I can convey an emotion when I don’t mean to, for example; I seem angry when I’m not and that can easily lead to arguments.

I also misinterpret the emotions of others, when someone has a blank expression I tend to assume that they are either sad or, more often, mad at me.

I struggle forming and maintaining friendships, in fact, I recently lost all but one of my friends in a misunderstanding, it’s difficult but I’m fighting through it.

I guess I’m here to hear other people’s experiences and possibly make new friends that understand me more than my last ones.

Hi,

Hey,

I’m Kate, I’m 16 and I’m proud to say I am bisexual and have recently been diagnosed with high-functioning autism.

My main issue is interpreting and expressing emotions.
Sometimes I can convey an emotion when I don’t mean to, for example; I seem angry when I’m not and that can easily lead to arguments.

I also misinterpret the emotions of others, when someone has a blank expression I tend to assume that they are either sad or, more often, mad at me.

I struggle forming and maintaining friendships, in fact, I recently lost all but one of my friends in a misunderstanding, it’s difficult but I’m fighting through it.

I guess I’m here to hear other people’s experiences and possibly make new friends that understand me more than my last ones.

Hello Kate and Mycroft.Holmes,

Nice to meet you! I'm around your age too, I'm 15, and have Asperger's so just thought I'd say hi. I have trouble with being around people too and talking to people in real life and making conversation, but I think I'm okay when it's not face to face, although I get pretty scared that I said the wrong thing or they might hate me, a lot of the time. I'm hoping to make a few friends too, maybe we could be friends!

Jessie

New Threads

Top Bottom