• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Survival for Aspies and Auties.

Would you like some basic disaster preparedness information on this site?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alaska

V.I.P Member
After finding so many nice people that I have so much in common with, the last thing I want is to lose them all. I would like to try posting a little bit of basic survival information on this site, so more Aspies and Auties can make it through disasters. Disasters do not kill as many people as those who die afterwards, mostly from not knowing what to do to take care of themselves without modern amenities.

Fire is one of the basics and matches and lighters are not always available, or you run out of them before you stop needing to start fires. I would like for everyone here to be able to stay warm, cook, and boil water.

Here is a link to a nice video on fire making, but you need to practice this and not depend on learning it when you are under stress from a disaster. It is not as easy as this guy makes it look: http://www.primitiveways.com/Fire by Friction Methods.mov

Do you know the rules of three....

You can survive three minutes without air.
You can survive three hours exposed to extreme weather.
You can survive three days without water.
You can survive three weeks without food.
You can survive three months without hope.

Beyond those timeframes, life degrades rapidly.

Do you know the rules of three....

You can survive three minutes without air.
You can survive three hours exposed to extreme weather.
You can survive three days without water.
You can survive three weeks without food.
You can survive three months without hope.

Beyond those timeframes, life degrades rapidly.

I like those and they apply elsewhere, but won't all work in Alaska. I need to think about which are for here or not.

One that I am sure is not for here is the 3 hours exposed to extreme weather. Learning them anyway seems useful. You never know where or when you might run into a disaster.

We need the skills to survive the zombie apocalypse. This is of the utmost importance. Oh, and also basic survival skills. But I'll get around to those after I've purchased my giant crossbow. :D Can't be too careful.

And there is the other side: I don't really want to live in a Zombie Apocalypse. Mr WereBear requires certain modern medicines to stay alive, and I need certain manufactured vitamins to stay sane.

Don't think I'd make it, folks. Go on without me!

Now a short-term localized disaster... I'd star in that movie.

And there is the other side: I don't really want to live in a Zombie Apocalypse. Mr WereBear requires certain modern medicines to stay alive, and I need certain manufactured vitamins to stay sane.

Don't think I'd make it, folks. Go on without me!

Now a short-term localized disaster... I'd star in that movie.

I am glad about the short term ones. There are alternative substitutes for pharmaceuticals and vitamins. I hope you will consider these and not give up on the long term.

In a real Zombie Apocalypse I figure I just have to last a few months, it won't be like Walking Dead, they are going to rot away pretty quickly. Just walking, banging into stuff will wear them down piece by piece.

I view survival the same way as a bear attack - I just need to be able to run faster than you, or hide better than you.

I can offer amazing insight on what not to do when the disaster you need to survive is another name for your workplace ;)
(nah, I'm not obsessed, I'm just slowly processing the current events)

New Threads

Top Bottom